Maguire | he stays!

Refusing 30m for a 30-year-old error-prone CB in bad form and on high wages is insanity, unless there was something not right about the terms of the payment. Alternatively, it could just be a smokescreen to hide the fact that Maguire refused to accept a pay-cut to join them. I don't think West Ham will offer 200k pw to Maguire, when they have most of their good players on under-100k pw.

From Maguire's perspective, even though he will get more game-time, he won't win anything at West Ham and will definitely be paid much less than at United. There's hardly any incentive to join West Ham aged 30. By the time he runs down his West Ham contract, he will be finished as a top flight player.

I think he'd much rather run down his United contract, win some kind of a trophy in the next two years, and then move to the Arab League or to the US for one last big paycheck. Even the Saudis won't pay anything for
a 32-year-old perennially ridiculed CB playing at West Ham.

There are rumours that Maguire agreed personal terms with WH and that Moyes managed to persuade him. If true, it could mean we will accept next offer and sell him

There are rumours that Maguire agreed personal terms with WH and that Moyes managed to persuade him. If true, it could mean we will accept next offer and sell him
Yes and that he offered him captaincy.

37m is a fair price. good luck lad, was once our most important player such a shame his mentality isn't up to it.

would be good from us i'm thinking for that kind of specific number 37 million some of it is being used for his wages and we get around the 30ish mark.

Yeah I'm wondering if this is why the 30m offer was rejected.

Maybe we set a baseline of 30m up front with any add ons being a bonus.

Just checked a west ham forum to see how they are feeling about it and they are absolutely gutted.

They really want McTominay tbf.

Honestly think he would be very decent for a Moyes team.

Maguire or McTominay?

I'd wish them both all the best but I'd really have my doubts about Maguire. His concentration levels are just so poor, either way hopefully we just don't need to think about him soon.

Maguire or McTominay?

I'd wish them both all the best but I'd really have my doubts about Maguire. His concentration levels are just so poor, either way hopefully we just don't need to think about him soon.
Well both, but meant Maguire since it's his thread. I don't rate him, but we bought him for a reason and he starts for England too so he can't be as bad as he has been for us - right team, right manager and confidence will make him better.

£37m surely includes bonuses. But anything upwards of 30m upfront would be brilliant.

Fair play if they've really negotiated this, but let's perhaps wait until Stone starts tweeting this out before we get too ecstatic...