Maguire | he stays!

75/80M for both Maguire and McTominay, although I want the latter to stay, would be good business for both parties involved, in my opinion.

35M for Maguire
40-45M for McTominay
Yeah I reckon it get's done for 75.

40 for Mctominay.
35 for Maguire.

It's happened before Ole with Mourinho and after Ole with Rangnick. the fans were just to oblivion to the obvious.

The underrating of our players is insane, the fact is our former players tend to perform better at their new clubs compare to ex-liverpool players. The likes of Evans, Chicharito, Darmian, Young, Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling, even Andreas Pereira all have played important role at their new respective clubs, yet these rival fans think our players are championship level or below. laughable.

It doesn't help that our own fans constantly shit all over them.

Rejecting 30m for Maguire is insanity.
No it’s not- firstly because we don’t know the details of the bud, it could be 10m up front and 20m in add ons or late payments. We may have reasonably turned it down because we want more up front.

I think they will find a compromise in the fee and payment structure (if it’s part of the issue)

We should request £40m for Maguire. If West Ham refuse, then we should just offer them £30m to take him from us.

So will there be a 35m bid today? We need to speed up the transfers, season is about to start

So will there be a 35m bid today? We need to speed up the transfers, season is about to start

We've pretty much done all of our business in regards to incomings, especially in the starting XI. I do wonder if ten Hag will bring in a centre back if Maguire does go, though. I suspect he will.

We've pretty much done all of our business in regards to incomings, especially in the starting XI. I do wonder if ten Hag will bring in a centre back if Maguire does go, though. I suspect he will.
We probably need another useful midfielder. We essentially have only 4 of them (Cas, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen) and Mainoo. So the sooner we sign Amrabat or someone similar, the better.

We probably need another useful midfielder. We essentially have only 4 of them (Cas, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen) and Mainoo. So the sooner we sign Amrabat or someone similar, the better.

Yeah definitely

I wouldn’t say his career is over, more like it’s over with us, he’s West Ham/Everton standard.. he’d actually do well at Newcastle, could see him there and scoring against us.
He's 30, doesn't seem interested in getting first team football - willing to be benched for most of the season unless we have an injury crisis and isn't pushing to leave.
If he doesn't get a transfer this window, I doubt he'll be playing in the prem next season or once he leaves.

West Ham want him, but we won't accept the offer and I can't see Maguire - who has an high opinion of himself - taking a large paycut.

Amrabat will sign once Fred & Donny go

We should absolutely hold out for a decent fee - Maguire would be West Hams' best CB and they've just stung Arsenal for £105m for Declan Rice. For all some love to hate him, he is still one of the first names on the team sheet for a good England side.

Same with McTominay, if relegated Southampton want £50m for Lavia then we should be holding out for a proper fee for McTominay. Another very solid footballer who's not quite good enough for us but would be one of West Hams' best players

We should absolutely hold out for a decent fee - Maguire would be West Hams' best CB and they've just stung Arsenal for £105m for Declan Rice. For all some love to hate him, he is still one of the first names on the team sheet for a good England side.

Same with McTominay, if relegated Southampton want £50m for Lavia then we should be holding out for a proper fee for McTominay. Another very solid footballer who's not quite good enough for us but would be one of West Hams' best players

What are you defining as decent fee?

I'm sure if McTominay leaves this summer to West Ham he will be a Stoke/Championship player in 2-3 years time.

Well no. It isn’t simple. Unless you’re his agent you have no clue who wants him and what offers are on the table. By your logic only Madrid publicly made an offer for Bellingham so only they wanted him.

But we can only go on what is public.

He's 30, doesn't seem interested in getting first team football - willing to be benched for most of the season unless we have an injury crisis and isn't pushing to leave.
If he doesn't get a transfer this window, I doubt he'll be playing in the prem next season or once he leaves.

West Ham want him, but we won't accept the offer and I can't see Maguire - who has an high opinion of himself - taking a large paycut.
Agreed but his career ain’t over though, just with us, can put in a good shift for a couple of years at WHU or someone like Everton/Fulham. Now if he goes to Saudi then yeah he is finished for sure.

I think we're overplaying our hand here, 30M for Maguire is a good deal. Maybe we can get 35M but surely we ain't getting 40M for him. For all the environment created around him I don't think it's worth to risk it for 5M.

The West Ham trashing on Reddit is pretty brutal

6yLUyNP.png
Do they think they're going to get Neymar or Mbappe with the money? The players they're after are very good for the level they want to be at it which is a consistent Europa conference league finish.

I can't imagine we've rejected £30m outright for Maguire? I'm guessing we've rejected £60m for both Mctominay and Maguire. Maguire on his own at £30m is pretty much a guaranteed sell.

Will Amrabat and Mainoo be enough to cover for McT, Donny and Fred's positions if they all leave?
Donny played so little even before his injury and continues reports saying how Hannibal is also rated by ETH, the 10 mins at the end of game would better off to him and Mainoo when he is back, not some 27 year old backup.

I can't imagine we've rejected £30m outright for Maguire? I'm guessing we've rejected £60m for both Mctominay and Maguire. Maguire on his own at £30m is pretty much a guaranteed sell.
By reports there were two separate bids of 30m each.

Will Amrabat and Mainoo be enough to cover for McT, Donny and Fred's positions if they all leave?

That’s why I don’t think McTominay will leave, VDB is clearly never going to be good enough even as back up nor would he be happy with that whilst Fred has 10 months left on his contract but McTominay clearly loves the club and is happy with a squad role.

I think Maguire leaves for West Ham but McTominay stays so we’d have Casemiro, Fernandes, Mount, Eriksen, Amrabat, McTominay, Mainoo and Mejbri as our midfield options this coming season.

Some of the posts here are embarassing on our outgoing offers. You want the club to build a spine and negotiate hard in transfers but at the same time asking the club to jump at the first offer they get. Maguire is an England international regular and just because he is not first choice at Manutd doesn't make him a bad defender at all levels of the league.

Some of the posts here are embarassing on our outgoing offers. You want the club to build a spine and negotiate hard in transfers but at the same time asking the club to jump at the first offer they get. Maguire is an England international regular and just because he is not first choice at Manutd doesn't make him a bad defender at all levels of the league.
prob just that tough middle spot. It is a bit annoying how hard people seem to want to negotiate against united vs other squads. I do like the harder stance the club has been taking but just dont want to see maguire/mctominay not get sold and stop us from bringing in the quality players EtH needs. Think some of us are just worried we will see those two along with henderson still here come end of window. West ham in general though seem to be broke as hell right now based on how they are acting in the window

That’s why I don’t think McTominay will leave, VDB is clearly never going to be good enough even as back up nor would he be happy with that whilst Fred has 10 months left on his contract but McTominay clearly loves the club and is happy with a squad role.

I think Maguire leaves for West Ham but McTominay stays so we’d have Casemiro, Fernandes, Mount, Eriksen, Amrabat, McTominay, Mainoo and Mejbri as our midfield options this coming season.
We don't need 8 players for 3 positions.

'Loves the club' is also loving his meal ticket. He'll never play for a club with this kind of profile again, unless Barca or Juve or someone pulls one of their periodic weird transfers and decides to sign him from (hopefully by then) West Ham on a free in order to give their 2nd string midfield some punch.