Maguire | he stays!

Its one thing accepting a bid, and another thing the player actually wanting to move.
I think that money would be good for Maguire and McTominay. As much as I love the McTerminator, we need better options in central midfield.

Its one thing accepting a bid, and another thing the player actually wanting to move.
I think that money would be good for Maguire and McTominay. As much as I love the McTerminator, we need better options in central midfield.
With all the agents, intermediaries and 'teams' the players have access to, you wouldn't expect top level clubs to make offers for players without some knowledge of an interest to join.

70 million for two players surplus to requirements would be a great bit of business. Hope West Ham don't sack Dave and come to their senses.

Crazy to think they could spend three quarters of the Rice money on these two.

Do you really believe West Ham are going in Blind with the bids for Maguire and Mctominay with out getting some sort of understanding about players terms and whether they are even interested in moving to West Ham or not . I find that hard to believe .

While I understand rejecting the Mctom bid, I do not understand this one. £30m plus those wages off the books is way more than we could have asked for. Nobody else will touch Maguire with a barge pole. We needed to allow this deal to be done yesterday.

Southampton value ward prowse at £40 million. a relegated player, yet fans think we should just accept any bid for Scott and Maguire. Starting players in a team who finished 2nd and 3rd in the league. This guys will be actually very good at west ham.

While I understand rejecting the Mctom bid, I do not understand this one. £30m plus those wages off the books is way more than we could have asked for. Nobody else will touch Maguire with a barge pole. We needed to allow this deal to be done yesterday.
Maguire is better than 90% of EPL center backs.

gerrard-slip.gif

:devil::lol::lol:

70 million for two players surplus to requirements would be a great bit of business. Hope West Ham don't sack Dave and come to their senses.

Crazy to think they could spend three quarters of the Rice money on these two.

That's good business. Maguire and McTominay are plenty good enough for West Ham.

Add another good player with remainder of Rice money and they're very much up on the deal.

Southampton value ward prowse at £40 million. a relegated player, yet fans think we should just accept any bid for Scott and Maguire. Starting players in a team who finished 2nd and 3rd in the league. This guys will be actually very good at west ham.
Hmm, bit of a stretch.

How would you value a 5th choice cb on high wages that has turned 30?
How would you value the main center on an England team that went to the semi and final of the world cup and euros and in the same period was the main center back in a united team that finished 2nd and 3rd in the league in a market were Rice is what 100m and ward prowse is being priced at 40m pounds.

One of the best CBs in the league, just a little low on confidence now. If we loaned him elsewhere I'm sure he'd be worth the £80mill (if not more) in less than one season.

No he isn't.

Or he'd be wanted by clubs to replace 90% of centre backs.

He's toss.
A player not being good enough to lead united to the level it wants to be at doesn't make him toss. He'll start for every team that finished behind us last season.

How would you value the main center on an England team that went to the semi and final of the world cup and euros and in the same period was the main center back in a united team that finished 2nd and 3rd in the league in a market were Rice is what 100m and ward prowse is being priced at 40m pounds.
He's a poor player who's 30. He makes massive mistakes every game, as he did in our last game. Sitting in a low block for England against fodder and then getting knocked out by decent teams isn't going to raise his price. Asking for £40 million is crazy, especially when he's not even wanted.

I would be perfectly happy with 30m!
Let´s agree to disagree on this

Harry is 30 years old now and hasn´t performed consistently well for the club in 2 seasons now.

Rejecting a good bid of 30m at this stage is kinda stupid imo. What is those extra 5m worth in comparison to get a Pavard or Todibo for example in before start of the season?
Or maybe FFP has us by the balls so bad we need those 5m badly to get players in..?

It’s not even slightly “stupid” if West Ham come back with a deal for 70m for the pair shortly, which I reckon they will.

Hmm, bit of a stretch.

McTominay started 24 league games when we finished 2nd and 20 when we finished 3rd. 20 was only behind Fred among CMs.

Maguire is better than 90% of EPL center backs.

Assuming each team has 4 CBs, Maguire should be in top 8 CBs to be better than 90% of the CBs.

60M is great money for both considering that both are surplus, Mc Tominay is not good enough here and Maguire has completly lost his football.

If we can take more than 60 then great, but I would sell them asap in order for our group to be settled and focus on the season.

Nevertheless, with Moyes's style I'd rather see Maguire happy than Mc Tominay.

McTominay started 24 league games when we finished 2nd and 20 when we finished 3rd. 20 was only behind Fred among CMs.

Assuming each team has 4 CBs, Maguire should be in top 8 CBs to be better than 90% of the CBs.
Hyperbole!
He is not nearly as bad as people make out even though I want him gone.

For sure you can find some arguments for that valuation. Lucas Hernandez was bought by Bayern 80m€ the same season than Maguire and sold this summer to PSG for 45m€. He didn't get to play a ton of matches either (because of injuries), Maguire was much more available & used in fact.

I think that's stretching the comparison but it's not completely out there.

If United can squeeze an additional 5m, good for them. If West Ham walks and Maguire is still there come window closure, I think people here will liberally and rightfully criticize the direction.

If West Ham walks and Maguire is still there come window closure, I think people here will liberally and rightfully criticize the direction.

Yeah well of course people will do so cause it would be a proper feck up, literally costing us millions over the next 12 months and probably the Amrabat signing. If Westham walk away, we blew it.

I watch every game mate. Mike and Blind were wonderful partners for each other, I thought Smalling was close to a worldie, but as his fitness issues began and he came out the team, any time he went back in he was so poor. I am beyond glad he turned it around when he went to Italy and he definitely earned England call ups.

For all Maguire faults he's generally good on the ball when facing away for his goal. Against teams who don't press hes incredibly assured and its probably why he looks good for England. He just cannot play out from the back against a high press, at least not when De Gea would panic more than him.
Against teams who don’t press and only when facing away from goal. So basically not for any top level club.
Im not saying Smalling is better on the ball but Smalling understands his limits and didn’t take unnecessary risks like Maguire.

Varane doesn’t look as assured on the ball as Maguire but he is still a million times better. Maguire is far too over confident with the ball

Romano report there would be fresh rounds of talks for both Maguire and Scott so clearly West Ham are going to put something better on the table to get this done. We just need to hold still.

A player not being good enough to lead united to the level it wants to be at doesn't make him toss. He'll start for every team that finished behind us last season.
No he won't.

Romano report there would be fresh rounds of talks for both Maguire and Scott so clearly West Ham are going to put something better on the table to get this done. We just need to hold still.
If we get anything approaching £70m for the pair I’ll hold my hat up and say we’ve negotiated very well.
Which isn’t something you could say about us selling players (Dan James aside) in the last few years, maybe decade even.

If we get north of 65m for these, kudos to the negotiators in all honesty. I feel like we're potentially benefitting massively from WH's pretty abject window so far. They should have spent the Rice money before the deal was announced.