Maguire | he stays!

bosskeano

you're having a fuking laugh....how do you turn down a £60m double bid for Harry and McT???? fuking sell the dogs bollocks and go buy Amrabat and Kudus

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
*that I’ve never met!*

Nope, not irrational or stupid at all.:wenger:
Ah I dont give a bollox about that. His interviews and comments make him come across as a delusional, petulant prat with no sense of responsibility. Add to the fact he's an awful starting (or cover) centre back just makes it even worse.

I honestly dont care how Im personally coming across. I cant stand him.

Hester_manc

Maguire can find a better club than West Ham. He should do like Chris Smalling and go to another league and start over in a bigger club than West Ham. It is not to be disrespectful towards the Hammers, but if Chris Smalling can play for a club like Roma, then Maguire can too.

Djemba-Djemba

Maguire can find a better club than West Ham. He should do like Chris Smalling and go to another league and start over in a bigger club than West Ham. It is not to be disrespectful towards the Hammers, but if Chris Smalling can play for a club like Roma, then Maguire can too.
I'm not sure Roma are a better option than West Ham these days.

West ham will pay him more too.

Idxomer

WHU finished 6th and 7th in 2 of the last 3 seasons and is in Europe for the 3rd year in a row. This is Maguire's level, especially if he wants to earn as much as he does now.

crossy1686

career ending
I can understand turning down the McTomminay bid but they better be in talks about Maguire at £30m. That's good money considering we've going to have to pay half his wages.

Withnail

I doubt this is true, but do they really expect Utd to pay half of his wages if he moves?

This is the ~ £10m that was mentioned before. Approx £100k a week for two years. He can feck off, if that's what he wants, though. He wants to play for England and won't get enough appearances here so he's not really negotiating from a position of strength.

Jacob

I can understand turning down the McTomminay bid but they better be in talks about Maguire at £30m. That's good money considering we've going to have to pay half his wages.
Who said we'd pay half of the wages? Makes more sense to reduce the fee then.

Strelok

Smalling is actually a better defender than Maguire imo. And no Maguire could not find any better club than WH. The fact we wanted to offload him since last year and only WH made a bid speaks volumes imo. In fact I'm not even aware of any rumour WH aside.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Then actually its not good money, if we value him at 40m without paying half his wages. Then why should we accept 30m and pay half his wages?
West Ham will pay more than 30m for Maguire and probably for McTominay too

roseguy64

Smalling is actually a better defender than Maguire imo. And no Maguire could not find any better club than WH. The fact we wanted to offload him since last year and only WH made a bid speaks volumes imo. In fact I'm not even aware of any rumour WH aside.
Romano's said other teams are interested in him.

crossy1686

career ending
Then actually its not good money, if we value him at 40m without paying half his wages. Then why should we accept 30m and pay half his wages?
West Ham will pay more than 30m for Maguire and probably for McTominay too
Because whenever he plays he costs us a goal. You can't put a price on how cathartic it is to see him playing for someone else.

roseguy64

Imo the whole point in negotiation is you gotta know your own negotiation power. Like feck he'd have said no to a 100k a week, which was double of his wages at Leicester and the prospect of playing at United and European football if we said take it or leave it. If his agent said no to that he'd fire that agent and accept the deal himself I reckon. Nobody was interested in him but us.

The thing about those huge deals with huge salaries is because most of those players were already on very high wages before the move. Anyway we bought Bruno for €65m and his initial wages back then were 100k a week I think. Maguire was bought for €87m.
Maguire? Man City were interested at the time but didn't value him at 80m.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Because whenever he plays he costs us a goal. You can't put a price on how cathartic it is to see him playing for someone else.
So we should accept lower than what West Ham are willing to pay, makes sense

Hester_manc

I actually like Smalling, but Maguire is better than him. There is probably also a reason why Maguire plays in the national team in the strongest line-up, while Smalling is not even in the squad.

FerociousCorgis

i just have to assume it is the double bid of 60 portion rejected? 30 for maguire is plenty. Seems interesting to haggle over prob around 10 for mctominay hopefully can cover that difference easy enough. On one hand i admire our newfound haggling desire but hopefully we still move on from these two.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I actually like Smalling, but Maguire is better than him. There is probably also a reason why Maguire plays in the national team in the strongest line-up, while Smalling is not even in the squad.
Did you just reply to yourself?

Strelok

It says failed bids in the tweet and in the article it says we've rejected both but West Ham are likely to increase the bid for Maguire.
Yeah thanks I just noticed the thread name changed and read the article. Wtf really. Hope this won't bite us in the ass.

the_cliff

The £30m bid for Maguire has been rejected. It’s the 2nd sentence in the article.
Some conflicting reports though.

Skysports and Fabrizio say Maguire still under consideration.

Devil81

Moyes isn't going to attract the quality of the pair to West Ham normally. He's usually having to buy from lower clubs or leagues or crap European sides.

Getting these two would be a coup for West Ham.

Nogho

If Harry wanted to leave he would have done that by now. He knows Varane is injured half the season. He will get 25-30 games and earn his money. Sad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
70m for these two, 10m for Henderson, 15m for VDB, 10m for Fred…we’re getting Kane on deadline day aren’t we.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah we'll get money for him but for FFP purposes it wont increase our budget (except it will on wages saved i guess).
It will increase our budget. It basically cancels out the amortisation of Maguire which we can then spend elsewhere. We have to amortise 26m for Maguire regardless of whether West Ham give us any money or not. If they give us that money then our own income goes up, and we will be subtracting the amortisation money from a bigger balance than the existing one.