Maguire | he stays!

Alemar

United get a fee which covers FFP. United also save £100k / week on the contract we agreed with Maguire which equates to about £11m saved.
Pretty sure they will be able to finally give him 115 or even 120k/week

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
It seems only Maguire bid will go through...

lex talionis

You’ve never feed a dog a treat and they’ve accidentally nipped your finger in the process? You must have encountered some very well mannered dogs. Anyway, You’re taking the biting the hand off part too literal. Don’t deep it that much, it’s just a saying. :lol:
:lol:

I've had dogs my entire life. I've been bitten by dogs. But I've never even heard of a dog biting off someone's hand as that poor soul was trying feed it. If you see a starving dog and want to feed it, out of an abundance of caution you put the food on the ground on walk away. By definition you don't know if a strange dog is vicious. But the point is that a happy dog normally doesn't dismember you.

There is this case which I just found, where a dog bit off five fingers off a baby: https://winknews.com/2023/06/21/puppy-bites-baby-fingers-off-port-charlotte/

“This particular case is the first one of this nature I’ve seen in my whole career,” Brian Jones, the division manager for Charlotte County Animal Control, said. Jones has worked 25 years with Charlotte County’s Animal Control, explaining he’s never seen or heard of anything like what happened at the Port Charlotte home.

There was no indication that the baby was trying to feed the pit bull.

I won't put up other links here, but there is another case worth noting:

The parents of a 4-year-old Layton boy who was playing in their backyard when huskies bit off his hand in March are suing their neighbors, saying the dogs were known to be vicious before the attack.

What can be safely said is that vicious dogs have been known to bite the hand off a stranger, but even then the stranger wasn't trying to feed the dog. But it is also safe to say is that it's a bad idea to try to feed a dog that isn't your dog.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't get that logic either. Surely we bought him for 80m but do you think he would have said no if we offered him 100k a week?
Any agent worth his weight will be able to secure their client a good sized wage when they are a record transfer. Find me any ~£80m signing on anything less than £100k a week.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Maguire will be class for you. Suits Moyes football perfectly. Less convinced by Mctominay unless the idea is he plays ahead of a 6 with freedom to get into the box. He isn’t a 6 and shouldn’t be played there.
I still suspect he still will gaffe alot, but a deeper line will probably limit the exposure of said mistakes. On balance it depends on wages,length of contract things like that as to whether it is the type of deal worth really going for. I think he will improve us subtly vs the starting pair at the moment ,more majorly for when Zouma is injured/aguerd is at AFCON and does clearly give huge experience and also homegrown.

Alvarez is our no.6, he plays so deep he is borderline another CB at times.

Mctom probably an 8, box-box player.

ShinjiNinja26

You don't offer a dog anything between your fingers, especially over their head as they will jump and snap. Instead, hold it in the flat of your hand and offer it to them from underneath their nose.
You're welcome.
Cheers for the advice but seeing as I’ve owned dogs for the past 27 years your advice isn’t required. Anyway I won’t derail this thread any further with dog talk because of a very old and common saying. :lol:

van Nistelrooy

Accept it! Would be a great deal for us considering the state we're at with Harry 'Meme' Maguire.

ShinjiNinja26

I've had dogs my entire life. I've been bitten by dogs. But I've never even heard of a dog biting off someone's hand as that poor soul was trying feed it. If you see a starving dog and want to feed it, out of an abundance of caution you put the food on the ground on walk away. By definition you don't know if a strange dog is vicious. But the point is that a happy dog normally doesn't dismember you.

There is this case which I just found, where a dog bit off five fingers off a baby: https://winknews.com/2023/06/21/puppy-bites-baby-fingers-off-port-charlotte/

“This particular case is the first one of this nature I’ve seen in my whole career,” Brian Jones, the division manager for Charlotte County Animal Control, said. Jones has worked 25 years with Charlotte County’s Animal Control, explaining he’s never seen or heard of anything like what happened at the Port Charlotte home.

The parents of a 4-year-old Layton boy who was playing in their backyard when huskies bit off his hand in March are suing their neighbors, saying the dogs were known to be vicious before the attack.

What can be safely said is that vicious dogs have been known to bite the hand off a stranger, but even then the stranger wasn't trying to feed the dog. But it is also safe to say is that it's a bad idea to try to feed a dog that isn't your dog.
Again you’re taking it too literal. The dog isn’t literally biting someone’s hand off it’s just an exaggeration to make a point. :lol:

DevilRed

Came to read about Maguire leaving. Ended up learning about dogs and why they bite you.

Classic redcafe.

Borussia Teeth

It seems I owe people an apology. I didn't think we could get 30m+ in a million years and I made quite clear in a fair few posts.

Sorry guys, I was wrong.

space

£60m would be great.
Sell Donny, Fred and Henderson (10-15m each) and we would be looking at £100m in sales, surely means we can make a bid for Kane?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The club are probably are frothing at the mouth to accept it but Maguire knows the United contract is his last big one. Probably halving his wages if he goes to West Ham.

Strelok

Any agent worth his weight will be able to secure their client a good sized wage when they are a record transfer. Find me any ~£80m signing on anything less than £100k a week.
Imo the whole point in negotiation is you gotta know your own negotiation power. Like feck he'd have said no to a 100k a week, which was double of his wages at Leicester and the prospect of playing at United and European football if we said take it or leave it. If his agent said no to that he'd fire that agent and accept the deal himself I reckon. Nobody was interested in him but us.

The thing about those huge deals with huge salaries is because most of those players were already on very high wages before the move. Anyway we bought Bruno for €65m and his initial wages back then were 100k a week I think. Maguire was bought for €87m.

OverratedOpinion

It’s a slight overstatement. He is better though.

McT will shock me if he’s anything better than what he’s been for us. I have said in this thread that he’ll be good for Hammers but he won’t magically become a better player. He will be able to get into their team which is a start but it is harder to play well in a mid or lower table team, not easier.
I think the difference you will see with McTominay stems from what his talents are. He has an exceptional ability to burst past players in tight spaces, he's got a good strike of the ball, he can finish and he has good instincts for timing runs into the box.

The reason that he will excel more ate West Ham or a team of that level is that the things he can't do are the draw backs for a side like United who are supposed to dominate the ball.

If he's granted attacking license I wouldn't be shocked if he finds himself in those conversations about "the best player outside of the top 6 or top 8" or whatever they are. With people saying we messed up by selling him (they will be wrong but they will say it).

JWP has never been in those conversations.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
If we can't get Amrabat then i'd be fine with keeping McT. Maguire needs to go though. £30m is a good price

Stig

On one hand we shouldn’t be greedy and we should take it. The other hand let’s rip them off. Moyes wants the pair, they have £105m unspent. No other targets it seems. Let’s screw them like people screw us.
No. Let's take the deal and not giggle until we have left the building.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Came to read about Maguire leaving. Ended up learning about dogs and why they bite you.

Classic redcafe.
Redcafe is a doggy dog world. If you enter a thread naively you will be bitten.

Foolsgold21

Can understand rejecting the Mct bid - but ~ £30m for Maguire is the very definition of a no brainer.

What else will we achieve - he stays for a year, at best does okay in a dozen games. Then is down to one year left on good wages, where we won’t be able to get anywhere near the fee for him.

Come on Murtough, do the right thing.

Orange Tree

I hope it means there are some interest from other clubs.

30 million is fine, but it feels like we can get a bit more for a starting CB for England. Plus the homegrown tax.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Please just accept the 30m so we can move on. 30 for him and 30 for mctominay is decent business.