Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

Wonder if he'll take a full month off after the tournament and miss pre season?

So happy for him to end his plagued season with a European final. Really hope he can win it, as I could imagine his career won't continue on the highest level for much longer.

First game he's started in ages and he's arguably MOTM so far. Another masterful pick by Sir Gareth.

Best left back in the world as I've claimed many times. I really hope he has at least 4-5 high level years left in his career and that he can finally win at least one of the big two trophies at United.

Imagine spending potentially close to 15 years at a top 3 biggest club in the world, whilst for several years being the best player in the world in your position, and not even ending up with one Premier League or Champions League title. Would be such a weird career and on ability he fully deserves at least one of those trophies.

Best left back in the world as I've claimed many times. I really hope he has at least 4-5 high level years left in his career and that he can finally win at least one of the big two trophies at United.

Imagine spending potentially close to 15 years at a top 3 biggest club in the world, whilst for several years being the best player in the world in your position, and not even ending up with one Premier League or Champions League title. Would be such a weird career and on ability he fully deserves at least one of those trophies.
He is. He could help us by staying fit though. We’ve had to play a full season without a LB.

Great half. Still just turned 29 two days ago, five years younger than Kyle Walker. Let's hope he can have some luck with injuries going forward, he's such a good player.

He is. He could help us by staying fit though. We’ve had to play a full season without a LB.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ineos doing something regarding the medical department. Also, it's obvious Shaw will never play 60 games per season...however he's still a very valuable asset if we can manage him properly.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ineos doing something regarding the medical department. Also, it's obvious Shaw will never play 60 games per season...however he's still a very valuable asset if we can manage him properly.
Haven’t we already brought in someone new in the medical department from Arsenal? Something definitely needs to be looked at with the amount of injuries we had last season. If we can have Shaw and Malacia fit and rotating all season that would be good options.

Haven’t we already brought in someone new in the medical department from Arsenal? Something definitely needs to be looked at with the amount of injuries we had last season. If we can have Shaw and Malacia fit and rotating all season that would be good options.

I think you're thinking of Gary O'Driscoll, but he was brought in last September. Not sure if his role changed since then, though. Also, two physios left the club last week and more changes in the medical department are apparently expected. It would honestly be a a game-changer for us if Ineos could do something about the injuries...or it really was just bad luck last season, but I'm leaning towards that not being the case.

Shaw, and probably Malacia too could profit big from that.

Think he was our best player, just one time that Yamal was able to get on his left foot and shoot. He did everything else defensively very well

He can do it all. Strong, decently quick, great on and off the ball. Solid at aerial duels too. Needs to stay fit. Hope he'll recover quickly from the dissapointment and be ready for the next season.

We're going to see the return of Shawberto again this season, we need to manage his game time better though.

He's obscenely brilliant and could play for any team in the world. Nothing new.

Let's just hope it's one of the seasons he stays fit for more than 30 games. Things tend to work out a lot better for us when he does.

Best England player out there for my money. Had Yamal’s number pretty well, was one of the cooler players on the ball, several imoortant blocks and clearances.

I can’t think of a better left back in the world I would have over him when fit, he’s just a baller.

Great performance given he has just come back in. If he can play 30+ league games we will improve a LOT.

Someone please wrap his entire lower body in bubble wrap for the next month now.

Absolutely must have this guy fit and available for the season. We'll look an entirely different side with him on the field.

Always a defensive brainfart in him. Got caught out of position for the goal.

If we ignore this, and the other clear cut chance Yamal had, he was decent this game, quite positive for him. He just came back from a long injury, probably not fully fit, so he definitely lacked some sharpness, which resulted in giving away few chances.

I thought he gave a good account of himself considering how long he has been out for. Fingers crossed for a much better run of fitness now

He has got all the attributes but his positional awareness is not great at times.
He also has the tendency to drop his head and fade out of a game in case things go the wrong way.
That plus his injury record are the reasons we need a decent alternative.
It’s a bit of a shame because other than that he is one of the best in his position.

If we ignore this, and the other clear cut chance Yamal had, he was decent this game, quite positive for him. He just came back from a long injury, probably not fully fit, so he definitely lacked some sharpness, which resulted in giving away few chances.

He is always coming back from injury, always out of shape, he is always receiving that big fat check no matter what... We shouldn't keep ignoring this. 10 years ffs, enough is enough.

Now that the worlds believes he is fit and healthy again, is the right time to sell. Sadly no top team would ever want him so we have to pray for Saudi Arabia or similar.

Hopefully we can have Sergio Reguilon back to United.

He is always coming back from injury, always out of shape, he is always receiving that big fat check no matter what... We shouldn't keep ignoring this. 10 years ffs, enough is enough.

Now that the worlds believes he is fit and healthy again, is the right time to sell. Sadly no top team would ever want him so we have to pray for Saudi Arabia or similar.

Hopefully we can have Sergio Reguilon back to United.
Not sure what the story with Malacia is, but if we do have the funds, I'd go for Ait-Nouri or Kerkez.

He's not in the squad travelling to the US. Needs that well earned rest after playing 150 minutes of football since February. Poor guy must be shattered.

Endless weeks of hardcore rehab, an injury setback, a few weeks of intense training, emotions of a major final. Give the lad a break, ffs.

Would rather he misses week 1 if necessary than snooker his season further down the line.

Endless weeks of hardcore rehab, an injury setback, a few weeks of intense training, emotions of a major final. Give the lad a break, ffs.

Would rather he misses week 1 if necessary than snooker his season further down the line.
I'm curious - at what point does rehab become 'hardcore'?

I'm curious - at what point does rehab become 'hardcore'?
Shaw did repeated double sessions in Manchester and again went way above and beyond in the England camp to get himself fit to play a part. With a setback while out there which should have really ruled him out of the Euros altogether, he still made it back. You don't accelerate your recovery time by lying down and being lazy.

Shaw did repeated double sessions in Manchester and again went way above and beyond in the England camp to get himself fit to play a part. With a setback while out there which should have really ruled him out of the Euros altogether, he still made it back. You don't accelerate your recovery time by lying down and being lazy.
Surely he should want to keep playing after getting a taste of it. But instead, after playing 90 mins vs Spain and 45 mins vs Netherlands, he's off on holiday for a couple of weeks. In that scenario, there are other players with an elite winning mentality who would want to stay match fit to best prepare them for the start of the season.