5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably have the best LB in the world playing for us who's been amazing in 2 of the last 3 seasons (the one where he was subpar is probably our worst season in ~30 years and not one player performed well that year), but RedCafe would have you believe that we have some championship level player starting for us at LB that doesn't offer anything to the team if you just take a look at the comments in this thread.

But it's not just this thread.

2 weeks ago we were celebrating a good transfer window where we got our new signings in early, was going to challenge for the league or at least improve on last year's points tally and performances, not to mention a potential deep run in the CL and domestic cups.

Today, every player is an overrated clown, ten Hag is a fraud who doesn't know what he's doing and no player in our squad would be sold for £100m or more.
Yup. You described the state of the place at the moment perfectly...

We probably have the best LB in the world playing for us who's been amazing in 2 of the last 3 seasons (the one where he was subpar is probably our worst season in ~30 years and not one player performed well that year), but RedCafe would have you believe that we have some championship level player starting for us at LB that doesn't offer anything to the team if you just take a look at the comments in this thread.

2 weeks ago we were celebrating a good transfer window where we got our new signings in early, was going to challenge for the league or at least improve on last year's points tally and performances, not to mention a potential deep run in the CL and domestic cups.

Today, every player is an overrated clown, ten Hag is a fraud who doesn't know what he's doing and no player in our squad would be sold for £100m or more.
He is nowhere near being the best LB in the world. Especially a world where fullbacks are expected to be key parts of the attck

Excellent post. The negativity on here is tiring -there’s more positivity on Reddit.

Good post. He's one of our best players.

He is nowhere near being the best LB in the world. Especially a world where fullbacks are expected to be key parts of the attck
I wouldn't say he's the very best but he's among the best and roles differ depending on systems.

You know when this place was celebrating our business being done early I knew it will become a negative once further new toys don't arrive.

I wouldn't say he's the very best but he's among the best and roles differ depending on systems.
We are the only team who lacks proper offensive fullbacks on either flank and its very visible

We are the only team who lacks proper offensive fullbacks on either flank and its very visible
Zinchenko, White for Arsenal, Walker and Akanji for City. The majorly play as a third center back or inverted fullback. None of them are relied on to contribute further forward.

Out of interest who do you believe are the best left backs in the world? Say a top three?

I presume most would say Davies, Theo Hernandez and Robertson. Cancelo would've also been there until last season.

Not saying they're all vastly superior to Shaw, I think he's underrated and just part of a sh*t squad that unscores his ability.

Yea, like I said Shaw is underrated. His injury record is the only concern I have about him but ability wise I wouldn't trade him for any other.

Davies is obviously more dangerous offensively but defensively Shaw is better, same could be said in comparison to other left backs in the world so ultimately the difference is not large between them.

Zinchenko, White for Arsenal, Walker and Akanji for City. The majorly play as a third center back or inverted fullback. None of them are relied on to contribute further forward.

So wrong, White is/was always flying past Saka when he was at RB, which is one of the reasons why Saka is one of the most potent wide players in the league
Zinchenko plays as a LCM in possession and is heavily involved in the build up for Arsenal, links all the time with Martinelli and Jesus

I presume most would say Davies, Theo Hernandez and Robertson. Cancelo would've also been there until last season.

Not saying they're all vastly superior to Shaw, I think he's underrated and just part of a sh*t squad that unscores his ability.

I would go with those yes.

Shaw is a good player, but he is also extremely inconsistent. He needs to sustain multiple seasons of top performance to be considered amungst the best in the world.
He is also lacking in my opinion in offensive contirbution

Last edited:

Shaw is a good player, but he is also extremely inconsistent. He needs to sustain multiple seasons of top performance to be considered amungst the best in the world.
Extremely inconsistent?? :lol:
Wrong choice of words buddy.

Extremely inconsistent?? :lol:
Wrong choice of words buddy.

Yes when you look at his performance over multiple season in my opinion. He is a bit like Rashford for me, you're not entirely sure which version you'll get in a given season.
Last 2 years I think he's been very good though

Injuries, and turmoil within the team with a turnover of managers, haven't helped him from a consistency stand point. Certainly the period where he was scapegoated by Mourinho didn't help him reputation nor his confidence. He looked better under ETH last season and with Ole as well.

Inconsistant? Shaw's been epic. The dude played too many f-ing games last year and is spent. We are running players into the ground. That won't make them fit on its own. It will hobble them.

He’s not though. He usually picks his form up after the first international break and usually sustains it until he gets injured.

And his offensive contribution looks underwhelming because our attacking players all love to try and dribble past multiple players before attempting a low percentage shot.

Put him in a team like City where the players keep moving the ball until they get a good shot in the penalty box and his numbers will look much better.

Since he signed for us, he’s been at worst the top 5 performer in the squad when healthy, which is far better than almost everyone else in the squad.

Injuries, and turmoil within the team with a turnover of managers, haven't helped him from a consistency stand point. Certainly the period where he was scapegoated by Mourinho didn't help him reputation nor his confidence. He looked better under ETH last season and with Ole as well.

I agree there have been mitigating circumstances, but again I can only go off what we see and that's why I say he can't be called the best lb in the world.
Pretty sure he has a poor season under Ole too by the way

He’s not though. He usually picks his form up after the first international break and usually sustains it until he gets injured.

And his offensive contribution looks underwhelming because our attacking players all love to try and dribble past multiple players before attempting a low percentage shot.

Put him in a team like City where the players keep moving the ball until they get a good shot in the penalty box and his numbers will look much better.

Since he signed for us, he’s been at worst the top 5 performer in the squad when healthy, which is far better than almost everyone else in the squad.

Hes very good with the ball, but he is passive with things like taking on the opposition full back or overlapping his winger on a consistent basis.
He has all the tools to improve his attacking output even within this team, AWB does it on the other side and is far less talented than Shaw which shows it is not just about the team he is playing in, but also about him

I agree technically he is a very good player, but again whether it is due to injury, playing in a poor team etc etc, he has not shown consistent enough performance over multiple seasons to be called best LB in the world

Hes very good with the ball, but he is passive with things like taking on the opposition full back or overlapping his winger on a consistent basis.
He has all the tools to improve his attacking output even within this team, AWB does it on the other side and is far less talented than Shaw which shows it is not just about the team he is playing in, but also about him

I agree technically he is a very good player, but again whether it is due to injury, playing in a poor team etc etc, he has not shown consistent enough performance over multiple seasons to be called best LB in the world
AWB has Anthony ahead of him and for all his faults, tracking back and playing short passes with his teammate are what he does a lot.

Compare this with Garnacho and Rashford. Once they get the ball, they’re basically try to dribble to get themselves a shot.

AWB has Anthony ahead of him and for all his faults, tracking back and playing short passes with his teammate are what he does a lot.

Compare this with Garnacho and Rashford. Once they get the ball, they’re basically try to dribble to get themselves a shot.

AWB had Greenwood ahead before and Sancho/Elanga

Calling Shaw extremely inconsistent is pretty much proof you don't really follow our matches that closely.

AWB had Greenwood ahead before and Sancho/Elanga
And look at that turned out for him. He was so useless on offense when Greenwood was ahead of him that teams literally left him alone because they knew he can’t do anything to harm them. It’s no surprise his form picked up when he had Anthony ahead of him.

Would love a couple of world class consistent injury free players in this squad. Fecking Liverpool and city had a whole first team of them for 2 seasons.

Do we have any? :lol: Gap is massive.

And look at that turned out for him. He was so useless on offense when Greenwood was ahead of him that teams literally left him alone because they knew he can’t do anything to harm them. It’s no surprise his form picked up when he had Anthony ahead of him.

Except he wasn't

Yes when you look at his performance over multiple season in my opinion. He is a bit like Rashford for me, you're not entirely sure which version you'll get in a given season.
Last 2 years I think he's been very good though
Like I said mate....extremely poor choice of words.

It’s a big problem now that United are without him and Malacia.

this will bring Fernandez into the squad I guess. Time to see how good he is! If he can make a good stake for this spot, it will be a step forward for the club to have a true competitor to Shaw

Well he certainly wasnt in our last game, it was like Mourinho Shaw, positioning and tracking back was absoltuely dreadful.

But whether or not the best n the world, he has been very good the alst couple of seasons or so, I dont think that can be doubted

Well he certainly wasnt in our last game, it was like Mourinho Shaw, positioning and tracking back was absoltuely dreadful.

But whether or not the best n the world, he has been very good the alst couple of seasons or so, I dont think that can be doubted
No one is doubting hes has a good 2 seaaons

He is a lazy twat, always will be. We will never win the league with Luke Shaw as a staring LB. You can say that for most of our players.

Slow start? How old is he? 38?

The lad is 28 and should be in his prime. How can it be that he needs 3 months to get up to speed. By then, we are already 15 points behind the leaders.

I think this is true. He is lazy and get into his best shape from playing football.. but also why can't united have demands on the off-season for the players. Should be written into the contract that you have to keep in shape during vacation. Now he is injured because of it..

How bad is his injury? I'm hearing we won't see him again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.