Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it plenty of times. He is not good enough

To be honest both our full backs are guilty of that sometimes. AWB did exactly the same against Wolves where he and Pellistri just completely switched off for one chance but everyone forgot it because he had a good match last Monday. Shaw had some moments of class today but he just looks like he can't get going. Started last season poorly too.

The issue isn't the one mistake or one lapse of concentration, it's the general apathy towards the whole game and multiple incidences of lax defending. Martinez covered his arse 2-4 times in the first half.

Even if he's not got the higher ceiling compared to Shaw, AWB is at least switched on and ready to play, which means he's at least performing to a certain standard. You can't switch it on and off like Shaw does.

Shaw is back to his good season bad season crap. What a terrible performance today. Jogging all over the pitch - totally out of position time and again, and not showing for the ball to Onana.

I would play Alvaro Fernandes just to give him a kick up his arse. Terrible.

I was so frustrated watching him today. Also - no understanding with Garnacho!

The goal was iconic Shaw when he’s bad but there was a point i. the 2nd half where this lazy sod made Sancho look like a hard working winger. Malacia needs to step in for a month so he can be inspired again.

Every opposition player loves playing against him, gives them so much space to do whatever they want as he never closes down anyone and is always glued to our centre back.

Amazing decision to give this clown a new contract

He was fine but it's clear now he needs cover defensively which he rarely gets from his winger.

Lisandro saved him two times in the first half too, lazy as feck, he will never be world class with this kind of attitude because he is not that good enough in attack to compensate.

Has all the ability the sort of player who wants to do the minimum possible to stay in the team. If I was his manager I'll decide who starts between him and the alternative based on how switched on they are regardless of if he talent bails him out. That would keep him switched on. Either outwork Malacia or come join me in the stand.

He was fine but it's clear now he needs cover defensively which he rarely gets from his winger.
Garnacho was marking the initial ball player for the goal and Shaw was free to take Kulusevski who should be Shaw's responsibility as the opposing winger, yet he just stands marking empty space on the front post when Martinez is already positioned for that job and forces Garnacho to chase back and do the job of 2 players. He does it time and time again where he. just stands and lets the attacker come to him so that if they do beat him, it is a shot on goal right away rather than closing down quickly to allow yourself to guide them away from danger and if you get beat there is time for supporting defenders to help. AWB does this too frequently as well, but he is such a good 1v1 defender that her rarely gets beat anyway.

Also sick and tired of Shaw being too lazy to make a short sprint back instead opting for the lazy grab of the shirt. I would assume 90% of his yellow cards are for this and it very frequently isn't even a dangerous attack he is stopping. Really hope Malacia can get fit soon, because even though he is worse on paper, Shaw needs a wake up call (again).

He is a lazy twat, always will be. We will never win the league with Luke Shaw as a staring LB. You can say that for most of our players.

Slow start? How old is he? 38?

The lad is 28 and should be in his prime. How can it be that he needs 3 months to get up to speed. By then, we are already 15 points behind the leaders.

Never comes back from the summer in any sort of acceptable condition.

Looks short of fitness and like he's carrying weight.

Fu*king abysmal for the first goal...Fat, lazy, half arsed slug, Couldn't believe what i was watching as it was unfolding

He went wandering a few times against Spurs and it could have cost us more than it did. He has a game like this every now and then.
He definitely plays better when he knows he's not a certain start.

Said it before, physically he's a CB now. A very good one at that. He hasn't got lungs for fullback anymore.

This season is so over already, malacia out injured too. Shambles

Shaw is doing almost every season the same thing. Start slows, the manager plays the other LB and then Shaw comes back in October and we all says that he's the best in the league.

To be honest, in this configuration, and the way ETH wants to play him (inside the midfield, back to the play) I think he's not the best at this.

He's more comfortable in a traditional LB role.

Hope he will be back after the international break.

I'm being sarcastic cause this thread is full of criticism for him. All it takes is 2 games for them to get back.

We probably have the best LB in the world playing for us who's been amazing in 2 of the last 3 seasons (the one where he was subpar is probably our worst season in ~30 years and not one player performed well that year), but RedCafe would have you believe that we have some championship level player starting for us at LB that doesn't offer anything to the team if you just take a look at the comments in this thread.

But it's not just this thread.

2 weeks ago we were celebrating a good transfer window where we got our new signings in early, was going to challenge for the league or at least improve on last year's points tally and performances, not to mention a potential deep run in the CL and domestic cups.

Today, every player is an overrated clown, ten Hag is a fraud who doesn't know what he's doing and no player in our squad would be sold for £100m or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.