Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck these skint Italian clubs and their "smart loan offers". They wanted £50m for Perisic who was nearly 30 a couple of years ago :lol: Why should we make it easy for these bastards now? Hope the club stands it's ground in this one and take them to the cleaners.

And Juventus were penny pinching about Darmian two years in a row both in 2017 and 2018 (maybe even in the last January too) for just a couple of millions. I can guarentee you that they will try to get him for free as soon as the December finishes this year if we don't sell him this summer. Hope we sell him to Torino or some club like Napoli for a cut-price now. Feck Juventus as we said when signing him in 2015 :lol:

Not that I want either of the players to stay; quite the opposite: I want both of them to leave as they're both useless for us but we simply need to take a much more strong stance in the transfer market. Some of the clubs like Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc. are trying to be too clever and we need to act accordingly.

Feck these skint Italian clubs and their "smart loan offers". They wanted £50m for Perisic who was nearly 30 a couple of years ago :lol: Why should we make it easy for these bastards now? Hope the club stands it's ground in this one and take them to the cleaners.

And Juventus were penny pinching about Darmian two years in a row both in 2017 and 2018 (maybe even in the last January too) for just a couple of millions. I can guarentee you that they will try to get him for free as soon as the December finishes this year if we don't sell him this summer. Hope we sell him to Torino or some club like Napoli for a cut-price now. Feck Juventus as we said when signing him in 2015 :lol:

Not that I want either of the players to stay; quite the opposite: I want both of them to leave as they're both useless for us but we simply need to take a much more strong stance in the transfer market. Some of the clubs like Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc. are trying to be too clever and we need to act accordingly.

The loan deal is just to not have problems with FFP. It doesn't have any impact at all on United since it comes with an obligation to buy.

The loan deal is just to not have problems with FFP. It doesn't have any impact at all on United since it comes with an obligation to buy.

I know. I don't know why we should make it easy for these feckers though? You think they would've accepted a loan offer that includes an obligation to buy and pay it in 3 years for Perisic? And the total sum is not the point here (€70m not good enough in this market anyway). They spent nearly 100m in every single window the last 5 consecutive seasons (over €100m in two of them: 140m & 160m back to back). They're in the Champions League now for 2 years too. They have the money but not want to pay like Real Madrid & Juventus do. Lukaku can stay in the team for all I care. Pay up or feck off.

I know. I don't know why we should make it easy for these feckers though? You think they would've accepted a loan offer that includes an obligation to buy and pay it in 3 years for Perisic? And the total sum is not the point here (€70m not good enough in this market anyway). They spent nearly 100m in every single window the last 5 consecutive seasons (over €100m in two of them: 140m & 160m back to back). They're in the Champions League now for 2 years too. They have the money but not want to pay like Real Madrid & Juventus do. Lukaku can stay in the team for all I care. Pay up or feck off.

Because we want to make a deal with them?

Just keep him if they won’t pay up. He’s a useful option off the bench - as long as he isn’t first choice I’m not really bothered. It would be pretty nice to tell Inter where to go as well.

Just keep him if they won’t pay up. He’s a useful option off the bench - as long as he isn’t first choice I’m not really bothered. It would be pretty nice to tell Inter where to go as well.
I agree. Lukaku was interacting very politely with Ole in one of the training videos so if he is ready to fight for a spot, I won't mind him staying.

Inter can seriously suck it as far as I'm concerned.

90% of our fans don't seem to comprehend it.

Loan with obligation to buy is as good as direct transfer, so not sure how that helps Inter with FFP.

UEFA rules when it comes to unconditional obligation to buy
The loan must be reflected by the lender club as a permanent transfer and the player’s registration rights must be derecognised from its intangible assets. The proceeds from the loan and from the future permanent transfer must be recognised from the inception of the loan agreement.
The direct costs of the loan and the future permanent transfer for the new club must be recognised by the new club in accordance with the accounting requirements for permanent acquisition of a player’s registration.

So it doesn't really help them with FFP, maybe they want to spend money elsewhere this season, so keep the cost low for this season.

Injured or something to do with Inters offer

edit:
Nevermind.

Last edited:
From the Guardian today re: Potential loan transfer

'Inter, however, are concerned that United will turn down the offer because of what happened two years ago when the Premier League club wanted to sign Ivan Perisic. Inter asked for €50m and refused United’s offer of €45m'

I like Rom but if we were to sell then we need to stand our ground. He's 26 which means he should have 5 years at a good level in him. Especially playing in Italy. Big stature in the game, Belgium's all time top scorer with terrific record, good club record, too (bar this season). Taking into account the inflation and the fact we don't have to sell, I wouldn't go any lower than around 90m. Juve signed 28 yrs old Higuain for 90m in 2016. The prices went up a few notches since then.

From the Guardian today re: Potential loan transfer

'Inter, however, are concerned that United will turn down the offer because of what happened two years ago when the Premier League club wanted to sign Ivan Perisic. Inter asked for €50m and refused United’s offer of €45m'

They did us a favor back then tbh. We should just offer them 5 million discount on our asking price.

Last edited:
We need to start shipping out players not fitting the style of play we aim for respectively are just not good enough.
Lukaku has done a job here but if we get a decent offer we should sell him.

They did us a favor back then tbh. We should just offer them 5 million discount on our asking price.
Agreed...for once!

But doubt Inter can afford him even with a 5m discount. I know a buy now, pay in 2 years doesn't suit Utd but I reckon it's the only way to get him off your books pronto for anything near what you paid. Some pragmatism is required

He wants to leave only because he is second choice. Not like Pogba.

Still believe he deserves one more year.

We need to start shipping out players not fitting the style of play we aim for respectively are just not good enough.
Lukaku has done a job here but if we get a decent offer we should sell him.

Has he? The guy is absolutely useless at this level, and has been a disaster. He is nowhere near worth the money we are asking, and another year of mediocrity will reduce his price even further.

It is scary how many of you have memory loss over this lad. Go back through the match day threads and remind yourselves please.

Has he? The guy is absolutely useless at this level, and has been a disaster. He is nowhere near worth the money we are asking, and another year of mediocrity will reduce his price even further.

It is scary how many of you have memory loss over this lad. Go back through the match day threads and remind yourselves please.
Jumps like he’s wearing a pair of lead Air Jordans.

I like Rom but if we were to sell then we need to stand our ground. He's 26 which means he should have 5 years at a good level in him. Especially playing in Italy. Big stature in the game, Belgium's all time top scorer with terrific record, good club record, too (bar this season). Taking into account the inflation and the fact we don't have to sell, I wouldn't go any lower than around 90m. Juve signed 28 yrs old Higuain for 90m in 2016. The prices went up a few notches since then.

what!! you're not being serious I hope, I think United will do well to get anything over £50m for him

He obviously is worth that much since Inter are pretty much willing to meet our demands , just in arrears. That is how a market works.
This downgrading of our own players is so tiresome. Lukaku is young, Belgiums first choice CF. A Belgium which is one of the top national teams in the world. He is easily worth 80m in todays market.

what!! you're not being serious I hope, I think United will do well to get anything over £50m for him
Thats hilarious. Get a grip on reality. CIES has him valued between 90-120m EURO which probably is about right.

"His first touch is further than I can kick it and his second touch is often a sliding tackle"

He obviously is worth that much since Inter are pretty much willing to meet our demands , just in arrears. That is how a market works.
This downgrading of our own players is so tiresome. Lukaku is young, Belgiums first choice CF. A Belgium which is one of the top national teams in the world. He is easily worth 80m in todays market.
We'll be lucky to get 15 goals a season out of Rashford. Will be a disaster if we end up relying on him as our main goalscorer.

We'll be lucky to get 15 goals a season out of Rashford. Will be a disaster if we end up relying on him as our main goalscorer.
Yeah, we have no reason to sell Lukaku this year if we dont get full value for him.
He has three years left on his contract and will be worth the same next summer. If we do sell him it should be done in the next 10 days so we can get a replacement in.
I am not Lukakus biggest fan, but he brings something to the table that our other potential CFs dont. Especially now with Fellaini gone we would severely lack physical presence offensively. I am all for changing our style of play, but a player like Lukaku will be needed more times than one during this season. If he goes we need to look at someone similar IMO.
Anyways, we have no reason to sell him on the cheap.

Thats hilarious. Get a grip on reality. CIES has him valued between 90-120m EURO which probably is about right.

give over, the CIES values are generally bonkers and it doesn't mean clubs are going to be paying their valuations of players. No way will United get anything like £90m for Lukaku

Initial offer itself was 62 million pounds, so getting more than 50 million isn't a problem.

give over, the CIES values are generally bonkers and it doesn't mean clubs are going to be paying their valuations of players. No way will United get anything like £90m for Lukaku
I will take the most recognised institute on transfer values opinion any day before some deluded City fan on the Caf, thanks.
And if the reports is anything to go by; Inters valuation according to their opening offer is not that far away from that valuation either. Even if they want to pay in arrears.

If we get around 70-75m for him he will be sold.

I will take the most recognised institute on transfer values opinion any day before some deluded City fan on the Caf, thanks.
And if the reports is anything to go by; Inters valuation according to their opening offer is not that far away from that valuation either. Even if they want to pay in arrears.

They are recognised as the most stupid institute more than anything else.

They are recognised as the most stupid institute more than anything else.

Yeah, their research is so bizarre and for some odd reason people use those articles, even the journalists. According to their studies, Lovren was the best CB in Europe, Rojo and Smalling in top 5, Jones was the best young CB in Europe.

Yeah, their research is so bizarre and for some odd reason people use those articles, even the journalists. According to their studies, Lovren was the best CB in Europe, Rojo and Smalling in top 5, Jones was the best young CB in Europe.

Think about it this way, they had Rodri at 88 something millions last month. They say that they take into account contracts but they apparently missed his.

Think about it this way, they had Rodri at 88 something millions last month. They say that they take into account contracts but they apparently missed his.

Yeah, their "research" and articles are very good, also very PL-centric.

I am not Lukakus biggest fan, but he brings something to the table that our other potential CFs dont. Especially now with Fellaini gone we would severely lack physical presence offensively.

Just because he’s big doesn’t mean he’s a physical presence. He’s crap at holding the ball up and winning headers. Very occasionally he’ll use his strength to burst down the right, cut back and whip a cross in.

Status
Not open for further replies.