Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only deal I'd take is straight-up cash or a Skriniar swap. Nothing less, and certainly none of this two year loan with an obligation to buy bullshit.

Think lukuka will go for around £80m and no doubt it will suprise a few people with the fee.

We have actually done well with our sales ever since Jose over

I think we will let Lukaku go if we are offered a fair price. He should be replaceable by the likes of Yedder if we get our act together. If he does go though I think we will fight tooth and nail to stop Pogba going. Too little time in our window to sort a Pogba replacement, Lukaku replacement, get Maguire and still add some more strength to the team, imho.

Think those cheeky feckers should cough up the full amount of cash instead of this loan and paying rest in 2 years bollocks. If they haven't got the cash give us reasonable offer like Skrinniar which I can never see happening. Think this is going to drag on for a while.

Could be just a turn of phrase/lost in translation and it just means they’re meeting with the Utd management

Let's replace him with a striker everyone will be pissed off with after the season. Then we'll perhaps seek problems inside the tactics, service and cohesion.

Let's replace him with a striker everyone will be pissed off with after the season. Then we'll perhaps seek problems inside the tactics, service and cohesion.

Isnt his replacement ben yedder? He fits our style of play much better than Lukaku, plus his first touch is actually pretty good

Isnt his replacement ben yedder? He fits our style of play much better than Lukaku, plus his first touch is actually pretty good
I'm not an expert on Ben Yedder frankly but judging from what people who have seen him play for his entire career say, it doesn't have to be a success. I have, however, seen plenty of disappointing players replaced by highly coveted flops here in the last few years. The problem is about the service. Look how many goals Lukaku scores for Belgium. I do get that Ben Yedder (if people are right about his playing style) is a better fit, though, so here's hoping.

Maybe it's just misery on my part but it's hard to see us improving with JUST adding different players.

I'm not an expert on Ben Yedder frankly but judging from what people who have seen him play for his entire career say, it doesn't have to be a success. I have, however, seen plenty of disappointing players replaced by highly coveted flops here in the last few years. The problem is about the service. Look how many goals Lukaku scores for Belgium. I do get that Ben Yedder (if people are right about his playing style) is a better fit, though, so here's hoping.

Maybe it's just misery on my part but it's hard to see us improving with JUST adding different players.

I agree with most of that, however if we just add a CB and RW we would be massively improved. We have no one to partner Lindelof and the less said about our RW the better.

Its hard to tell Ole in the fact that you want to leave and that's why neither Pogba or Rom will force their way out. Ole has an infectious optimism that the players feed on and that's why either player won't mind staying but I'd still take Icardi over Lukaku.

Its hard to tell Ole in the fact that you want to leave and that's why neither Pogba or Rom will force their way out. Ole has an infectious optimism that the players feed on and that's why either player won't mind staying but I'd still take Icardi over Lukaku.

Icardi is the blunt opposite of what Ole seems to be looking for in a players characteristics.
If Icardi wasn't such a diva there may have been strong interest.

I agree with most of that, however if we just add a CB and RW we would be massively improved. We have no one to partner Lindelof and the less said about our RW the better.
That's why I think we've got more pressing issues than a striker although getting a consistent 30 goal man would be nice. I still believe there's a bigger chance of Lukaku getting those numbers in an improved side (RW, CM) than of Yedder scoring that with the current team. After all he scored 27 in his first season, didn't he?

If we can both improve the wings AND the main man then it would be perfect.

That's why I think we've got more pressing issues than a striker although getting a consistent 30 goal man would be nice. I still believe there's a bigger chance of Lukaku getting those numbers in an improved side (RW, CM) than of Yedder scoring that with the current team. After all he scored 27 in his first season, didn't he?

If we can both improve the wings AND the main man then it would be perfect.

That is the dream my friend, not sure it is the dream of the board though.

Juventus demand 15 million for Mandzukic who's 33 and done at the highest levels.
Lukaku should be 80 million easily.

£63m isn’t enough for him, especially with the payments split over 2 years.

He will smash loads of goals in in Italy and with the way inflation is going in this crazy market, £63m will look like an even worse deal in 2 years time.

Another £10-15m will do the trick. Between £73-£78m I reckon, which gets us all our money back.

I would rather keep Lukaku than let Inter 'tight arse' Milan have him.

Too many times have they been dicks when approaches have been made. Then they want a cut price deal with shite terms for the seller? Feck off

This is such a dumb decision to sell. We're absolutely fecked next season without goals from Rom and Pogba. Rashford is shite, Martial is lazy, Greenwood although an excellent talent is just starting to play in the first team. Such a stupid decision.

The whole business with the loan/staggered payment thing really isn't the main issue.

The main issue is do Ole, the coaches and the scouts think the strikers out there that they've been looking at, Ben Yedder, Haller, Pepe etc, represent an upgrade on Lukaku?

And if they do, it's just so fecking obvious to get whomever it is signed and get Lukaku off the books, even if that means not getting the full fee for a couple of seasons. Sporting and financial prudence.

"first bid to Man United for Romelu Lukaku will be: €10M for the loan + €30M June 2020, €30€M June 2021. Obligation to buy - so it's total €70M" said Fabrizio Romano….

if Ausilio has taken a flight to London just to ask if United is willing to accept the offer it doesn't make sense becouse of course you can wait a phone call or an e-mail and see…..

£63m isn’t enough for him, especially with the payments split over 2 years.

He will smash loads of goals in in Italy and with the way inflation is going in this crazy market, £63m will look like an even worse deal in 2 years time.

Another £10-15m will do the trick. Between £73-£78m I reckon, which gets us all our money back.
Key is also the cost of recruiting a replacement. I like Ben Yedder, he is the better footballer and the more clinical finsiher, but he will have no sell on value and we might only get 2-3 years out of him, which is not only a bad thing since we have young Greenwood in the wings. If we get Ben Yedder and 30m-35m after selling Lukaku I would be quite happy. If Ole wants Rashford as our number one striker it would be a bit daft to have Lukaku sitting on the bench so I am all for cashing in on the guy. I am no expert on transfer financings but aren't most transfers structured to some extent and rarely is everything paid upfront?

Key is also the cost of recruiting a replacement. I like Ben Yedder, he is the better footballer and the more clinical finsiher, but he will have no sell on value and we might only get 2-3 years out of him, which is not only a bad thing since we have young Greenwood in the wings. If we get Ben Yedder and 30m-35m after selling Lukaku I would be quite happy. If Ole wants Rashford as our number one striker it would be a bit daft to have Lukaku sitting on the bench so I am all for cashing in on the guy. I am no expert on transfer financings but aren't most transfers structured to some extent and rarely is everything paid upfront?

Yeah I mentioned this in the transfer tweets thread.

Someone explained to me earlier it’s just for Inter’s FFP purposes. I don’t think this actually makes any difference to us at all. Another €10m will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.