Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icardi comes with baggage but he is a step up from Lukaku. As finishers go, he's one of the best and he's only 26!

What kind of baggage we talking here?

His wife mainly. I don't think Icardi is an option, she doesn't want to leave the Milan area and so leaving Italy altogether is a non starter. The implication is that the only clubs he might consider are those that he could commute to whilst keeping his family in Milan which is where the Juventus link seems to be coming from.

His wife mainly. I don't think Icardi is an option, she doesn't want to leave the Milan area and so leaving Italy altogether is a non starter. The implication is that the only clubs he might consider are those that he could commute to whilst keeping his family in Milan which is where the Juventus link seems to be coming from.
He wont go to Juventus. That will cause more problems with fans and players. They know him well, they wont want him. Maybe Napoli.

We may have to take him. It may be our only option as Woodward can't get deals over the line. Pennypincher.

His agent (wife) is quite the handful. She's no Mino Raiola but she's a speak-to-the-press-first-before-club kind of agent.
No, it's much much worse. The whole Icardi problem began because she works on a football show where she routinely talks about inter and icardi. She'd basically been airing out dressing room stuff or Icardi's own opinion of the manager/teammates on a weekly basis.

Absolutely would keep Rom before taking Icardi.. Our man cares and wants to be better player and who knows with Wan-Bissaka if he can find chemistry with Lukaku.. Two years left in his contract so we'd be better off letting him strike back this season and maybe get a better price next summer.

No, it's much much worse. The whole Icardi problem began because she works on a football show where she routinely talks about inter and icardi. She'd basically been airing out dressing room stuff or Icardi's own opinion of the manager/teammates on a weekly basis.

I think Ole's recruitment will mirror closely the way Fergie approached transfers. He wouldn't touch Icardi with a bargepole and I don't think Ole will either.

Absolutely would keep Rom before taking Icardi.. Our man cares and wants to be better player and who knows with Wan-Bissaka if he can find chemistry with Lukaku.. Two years left in his contract so we'd be better off letting him strike back this season and maybe get a better price next summer.

Does Rom want to stay though? He made it pretty clear he wanted out and Inter was his chosen destination and he has agreed personal terms from most reports. If we block a move I don't have a lot of confidence that he will take it well. This may be a situation where we need to go ahead and replace him knowing Inter will probably get the cash together after our window has closed.

Does Rom want to stay though? He made it pretty clear he wanted out and Inter was his chosen destination and he has agreed personal terms from most reports. If we block a move I don't have a lot of confidence that he will take it well. This may be a situation where we need to go ahead and replace him knowing Inter will probably get the cash together after our window has closed.
He said that Conte is "the best manager in the world" Not sure if he really means it or if his trying to get into Conte's good books before the potential move and he also stated "for me the Serie A is my favourite league as well - I love Italy". Which to me suggests he wants to go.

He said that Conte is "the best manager in the world" Not sure if he really means it or if his trying to get into Conte's good books before the potential move and he also stated "for me the Serie A is my favourite league as well - I love Italy". Which to me suggests he wants to go.

I don't get his fascination with the Italian league. There are racists everywhere but they are more brazen and overt with it in Italy. Not the best environment to play football.

I don't get his fascination with the Italian league. There are racists everywhere but they are more brazen and overt with it in Italy. Not the best environment to play football.
I was thinking that myself. I have nothing against Italian's but I wouldn't want to go somewhere and be racially abused, especially after Inter had to play a game behind closed doors due to racist chats they made to Koulibaly, and also the chants directed to Tiémoué Bakayoko and Moiose Kean. Maybe he feels that some of his attributes would be suited to the Italian game.

Most likely they have the only 'top' clubs that want him. None of the other big 6 in England do (and we wouldn't sell to another one), none of the big 3 in Spain would, and I can't see PSG, Bayern or Borussia Dortmund being interested. That really only leaves the Italian clubs for now.

Most likely they have the only 'top' clubs that want him. None of the other big 6 in England do (and we wouldn't sell to another one), none of the big 3 in Spain would, and I can't see PSG, Bayern or Borussia Dortmund being interested. That really only leaves the Italian clubs for now.

It’s definitely a lack of choices. But I’d think we would be more than happy to sell him to Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal if they wanted him and would pay the fee we want. He’s not a top class forward, and quite frankly if he went to a rival, we are not strengthening them.

I just watched all his goals for us. I don't understand why he is so underrated among fans. All because he has bad first touch. He is better striker than Rashford( at this moment at least).
I really hope that he will stay

I just watched all his goals for us. I don't understand why he is so underrated among fans. All because he has bad first touch. He is better striker than Rashford( at this moment at least).

Why don’t you watch the highlights that show him being knackered after 15 mins, and then watch him not being bothered to run.

For me, it’s not his first touch or him misses. These are frustrations due to the fact that he’s not a top class striker - things we knew when he was bought.

The reason I want him gone is because he can’t even be bothered to keep himself fit & has shown a complete lack of desire and determination to succeed here. He’s not the first player to do it (and no doubt won’t be the last) but he battled throughout his career to be as good as he could be, to get to a big club - and now his motivation has completly gone. He thinks he’s a lot better than he is.

If we had the pre-Utd Lukuku, then I’d be satisfied with him. He would still need to be upgraded in the long run, as no one is ever going to win the league with him as your main striker - but at least he would be putting in some effort and helping us win games.

We currently have an overweight, unfit, lazy imitation of Lukuku - who still can’t even trap a ball, who has scored 1 goal in 23 against the top 6 in his Utd career, and scored zero goals against the top 10 last season. That’s pathetic. We can easily replace the 12 league goals he scored against the bottom half of the table that he scored last season.

We are going to lose two of our best players in Pogba and Lukaku this summer. Shambles. Could have been a third with de Gea as well.

We are going to lose two of our best players in Pogba and Lukaku this summer. Shambles. Could have been a third with de Gea as well.

Lukuku is certaintly not one is our best players. There won’t be many tears shed if we can actually get rid of him.

Hang on, when did Lukaku become one of our best players? He was a shambles a lot of last season and could barely control a ball.

He's a player that is amazingly limited for the level and price he's got to.
He can score goals in the right set up, but unfortunately that set up doesn't suit United, who spent a lot of the game with the ball, trying to dig through packed defences.

Hang on, when did Lukaku become one of our best players? He was a shambles a lot of last season and could barely control a ball.

A player is not defined by his last season. Even then, name me the players that are supposed to be better than him in our team? Pogba, de Gea and?

Lukuku is certaintly not one is our best players. There won’t be many tears shed if we can actually get rid of him.

Yes he is.

Time for him to go. He had his chance to rule the world, and he blew it.

He could have rose above all the nonsense around him and put 150% in, week in, week out.. We would all have loved him if he did that, even with his poor touch.

But he seemed like that lead forward T Man United role was too big for him.

Take £60m. Shake hands.

He could have rose above all the nonsense around him and put 150% in, week in, week out.. We would all have loved him if he did that, even with his poor touch.

Take £60m. Shake hands.
He doesn't lack anything in effort. Whether he give 50% or 100% or 200% it will not give him a better 1st touch. He simply lack ability and don't have the technical characteristics to succeed in the elite level. I don't blame him at all and he could make a good career in a smaller club - the fault lies with the people that decided to buy him.

Take £60m. Shake hands.
THIS!
We've had lots of strikers in the past who have offered more in effort rather than silky skills.

Lack of effort and fitness is just unforgivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.