Lukaku Signs | Official

Imagine the noise when he bangs his first one in at home. It's giving me chills of anticipation !

Can't shake off the feeling that he chose all those words in interview for Chelsea, and just replaced it with us.

Anyways, don't care if he bangs in goals.

Can't shake off the feeling that he chose all those words in interview for Chelsea, and just replaced it with us.

Anyways, don't care if he bangs in goals.
Weird that he'd say he lived in Manchester, drove by the ground everyday, and told his mum he would play there if it was for Chelsea.

Just feels right this signing, not sure the buzz from Morata would have come close, not saying Morata wouldn't have done ok, but just never felt right to me.

Won't take him long to be the highest scorer in our current squad.

I think it possibly feels right in my mind because it feels like a SAF signing.

Weird that he'd say he lived in Manchester, drove by the ground everyday, and told his mum he would play there if it was for Chelsea.
I am not exactly saying word to word but overall he loved Drogba, really seem to have wanted to play for Chelsea.

Is Lukaku an Adidas athlete? He was definitely wearing Adidas boots in the training session.

Anyway, really excited by this signing. He's saying all the right things and it's hard not take to him.

Delighted. Different style or not to the other strikers we've been linked with - I've missed a goal machine and while he's not RVN level yet, he's exactly the type of player that could become that. Can't wait.

Mourinho has his Drogba.

Good signing. Hope it works out and we can improve him as a player. He's a proven goalscorer and defenders will hate playing against him.

Yeah the video of Salah training at Melwood under the heading 'Salah's first training session at Melwood' doing the rounds on social media is pretty fecking cringeworthy too! All the Dippers commenting 'Wow', and 'Can't wait'.....

But you loved it I bet!...Didn't ya??...Ya fecking did!......Most likely wanking in the corner of your bedroom under your 'Stevie Me' poster muttering some garbage that he can run the 100m faster than Bolt or some shit.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have a suggestion, lets stop replying to RobinLFC, this thread has already been ruined sadly. Leave him be, he's a bit bitter, but we should enjoy our newest signing.

If you'd asked me 3 years ago which premier league team Pogba and Lukaku would end up I'd have put money on Chelsea. But that's because I never imagined Jose would be our manager. Those two are the perfect players to form the spine of a Mourinho team.

The best part about this being over is we can stop checking every second to see if it's done. Now we can all check every second to see if we bought anyone else.....oh!

Welcome, Big Guy. Hope you go on to have a brilliant career here.

Liked his interviews. Quite modest and "will do the talk on the pitch" attitude.

Saying he didn't succeed is blind bias. He was a teenager adapting to a new league.

He's since proved himself and become a consistent goalscorer. I'm not sure what you can't grasp really.
I specifically chose "didn't succeed" since I don't think he failed there either because of the reasons you mentioned (same goes for Salah btw). He didn't succeed though, due to multiple factors, which also counts for Salah. Whether he does at United depends on what you class as a success but I don't think he suits a top club well enough at the moment to be your new Rooney or even Tevez/Berbatov. Could be wrong, obviously :)

As good as he is, and as good as I believe he has the potential to be, and as much I believe he will be a success with us. I still wouldn't really love to see him with us for longer than 3 years. Even if he scores 30-40 per season. I'd still want to see him move on for a word record fee. ~€150m. For me, he just isn't world class, but even if he does reach the upper echelons of the game -- in terms of success, both personal and with the team -- I wouldn't want to see him stay beyond 3 years. I guess the length of time we hung onto Rooney has really soured me players over staying their welcome.

With that being said, welcome to United Lukaku! Here's to 2/3 (hopefully) remarkably successful seasons.

any pictures from his first training session? they showed a clip of him training with the team on "North West Tonight", was wondering if its here or at least pictures?

As good as he is, and as good as I believe he has the potential to be, and as much I believe he will be a success with us. I still wouldn't really love to see him with us for longer than 3 years. Even if he scores 30-40 per season. I'd still want to see him move on for a word record fee. ~€150m. For me, he just isn't world class, but even if he does reach the upper echelons of the game -- in terms of success, both personal and with the team -- I wouldn't want to see him stay beyond 3 years. I guess the length of time we hung onto Rooney has really soured me players over staying their welcome.

With that being said, welcome to United Lukaku! Here's to 2/3 (hopefully) remarkably successful seasons.

i'm genuinely struggling to understand this post. "he isn't world class but even if he gets there i want him moved on even if he's scoring 30-40 a season". what? :wenger:

Go on Getty Images and search "Manchester United". There are tons of pictures.

cheers

All the romantic "I've always wanted to play there" "I've admired them since I was kid" stuff is non-sense anyways. He came here because we're offering him a great salary, matched Everton's demands, have one of his best friends on the team and a manager he seemingly respects. Everything else is just the usual bulls*** I don't buy. If you're a kid that has grown up in a club like Rashford, then I'll buy it. But surely not with Lukaku. :lol:
And frankly, it's irrelevant. All I want is for him to perform and represent the club properly.

So because of Rooney you don't want to see Lukaku beyond 3 years?

Maybe it's just me but that's such a strange post.

Got me really confused with this post.

I agree. I hope he's so good that we sell him really quickly. Ideally, he'll score 50 goals this season and then be promptly sold, just so we don't have to like him for too long.

Right on the money.

What? If he scores 120 goals in 3 seasons you want him gone? You realise that's an incredible achievement which the likes of Thiery Henry, RvN or Shearer didn't even accomplish?

Huh?

I mean huh???

So only if/when turns into a genuine world-class player, you'd want to sell him? If he is just good standard quality, then we keep him?

Ok then. :wenger:

Yeah, let's move Lukaku on when he's 27 and has scored around 100 goals for us because Rooney started to decline when he was around 30.