Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is nowhere near better for 70k per week then Nani mate. Individually, he isn't even better player then Nani.

just stop it.

Nani isn't asking too much if the rumours are true considering how much some other players are being paid, but there's no need to "go there".

Besides, as much as I hope that Nani's going to stay I'm less confident about it every day sadly. Don't see him staying unfortunately.

Is Nani injured or something ?

If it's some hard ball tactics that we are using then performance level of our other wingers right now is only going to strengthen his side of argument.

If it's some hard ball tactics that we are using then performance level of our other wingers right now is only going to strengthen his side of argument.

It was 10 days given on his hamstring last weekend. Should be for for midweek and next weekend I would assume.

As much as I want to see Nani on the field, his own performances when given the opportunity have hardly helped his case. He's not really looked better than Valencia and Young when played. We've got a real problem with our wingers at the moment.

Clearly Valencia needs to be dropped though. Not at all effective for the last few matches and Nani hasn't really been given a fair chance this year. When on form he is capable of scoring 8-10 goals a season for us and creating a few more too.

As much as I want to see Nani on the field, his own performances when given the opportunity have hardly helped his case. He's not really looked better than Valencia and Young when played. We've got a real problem with our wingers at the moment.

He can't look worse. He literally can't. Today was fecking embarrassing from both of them.

Atleast Nani is unpredictable, for good or bad.

Right now we are doing more damage to both the team and Valencia by insisting on playing him when he is woefully out of form. Anyone who sees him on a pitch can tell in few seconds that his confidence is at rock bottom. I was honestly hoping we would switch Rafael and Valencia because Rafael couldn't have done any worse as a winger and Valencia would have found it easier to beat his man making overlapping runs.

Nani has been poor when played this season, but he's at least looked more of a threat than the other 2. Created more chances and scored a couple of goals. Hopefully he gets back in time for the champions league game, and has a good one. We need someone on the wings in form if Fergie insists on playing the same tactics.

I do agree that Nani should be given another chance, but the thing is, he's hardly made a great case for himself so far this season. If he wants a place then he has to actually play well when picked. That would kind of help.

Nani plays well when he knows he isn't going to get dropped the minute he makes a mistake. He has been our best player (arguably even better than Rooney) in the last two seasons. Sadly, injuries always seem to derail him in the latter parts of the season and by the time he is back, Valencia is firmly entrenched as the favorite right winger.

We need him available again to put pressure on the other wingers. We were just so predictable out there and I agree we could have done with some unpredictability instead.

Valencia seems to be stuck in a rut at the moment and we just keep playing him anyway. Young's also searching for some decent form. When he get's another chance in the team I hope he takes it. We're crying out for more inspiration when we go forward.

Give him the money he wants and play him. Anything would be better than watching Valencia on that right wing right now.

I do agree that Nani should be given another chance, but the thing is, he's hardly made a great case for himself so far this season. If he wants a place then he has to actually play well when picked. That would kind of help.

It'll also help if he actually gets a run of games and doesn't get dropped the minute he does something even slightly wrong. A long run off games like Valencia would really help him.

Given his form whenever he has played, I don't think he would have made much difference to the result.

He still would have been a heck of a lot better than Valencia though.

When Nani is poor he can still get you a goal/assist out of nothing. He might waste a few good attacks but when the team is poor we waste them anyway.

When Nani is poor he can still get you a goal/assist out of nothing. He might waste a few good attacks but when the team is poor we waste them anyway.

The thing is that Nani is still able to play, even on poor form and the team will still do ok, bacause he has it all in his locker. The thing with Valencia, as an example, is that he have to have space and being played good by others around him. Nani will aslo have better and more varied crosses, but the others are more about getting the crosses in, often without much purpose and just in hope of hitting someone.

We just need the supreme talent. I would almost be as happy if he signs as I was when Rooney signed. This is what I want for cristmas:devil:

He surely deserves the same shot at a run of games like Young and Valencia have had, he couldn't be any worse than they've been. We'll never get the best out of him again if he feels every mistake will see his arse back to making out with the bench, it's only zapping his confidence which is already looking shaky this contract dispute.

He surely deserves the same shot at a run of games like Young and Valencia have had, he couldn't be any worse than they've been. We'll never get the best out of him again if he feels every mistake will see his arse back to making out with the bench, it's only zapping his confidence which is already looking shaky this contract dispute.

The thing with Nani has nothing to do whit him as a player or his performances, it's because he will not sign a new contract. He is clearly our best winger, and I hope he signs a new contract. SAF should bend over backwards for it, sometimes you just have to put your ego aside for the best for the club. If Nani was acting like an idiot, I would understand it, but he is not. Just get him on a new contract and lets mount a challange for the PL and the CL.

It can work but there needs to be some variety to the attack, players need to mix it up but Valencia doesn't have that in his locker and young only really shows flashes of quality. As a nani fan I hope he comes back in the team but if not him than we need someone who is able to put inactive but also able to come inside and be a threat either through beating someone and opening up some space or just linking up with the likes of rvp and Rooney so they don't just have to play it wide.

He is nowhere near better for 70k per week then Nani mate. Individually, he isn't even better player then Nani.

:lol: Gold, pure fecking gold. Love you fella I really do. (he talking about Rooney btw)

:lol: Gold, pure fecking gold. Love you fella I really do. (he talking about Rooney btw)

Well, It's not that far of if you talk about technical ability and we are in desperate need of Nani right now.

Rooney will be more important and is more influential for us as a team and for our play (maybe). It's equally amusing that you can't see the worth of Nani in this team after the start of this season.

Well, It's not that far of if you talk about technical ability and we are in desperate need of Nani right now.

Rooney will be more important and is more influential for us as a team and for our play (maybe). It's equally amusing that you can't see the worth of Nani in this team after the start of this season.

:lol:Stop it:lol::lol: my sides are hurting :lol:

C,mon guys, saying Nani is a better player than Rooney is pretty funny...made me laugh.

@ Godfather - Both my parents died when I was a quite young and they were not related...thanks for that.

That team today was dying for someone like Nani. The complete lack of expression was unbelievable.

C,mon guys, saying Nani is a better player than Rooney is pretty funny...made me laugh.

@ Godfather - Both my parents died when I was a quite young and they were not related...thanks for that.

I'm sorry to hear that but still no reason to go full retard is there? Honestly, you couldnt have made more smilies in your post if you had tried to.
That Nani is technically more gifted is no secret at all tbh.
Doesnt make him the better player I agree.

I'm sorry to hear that but still no reason to go full retard is there? Honestly, you couldnt have made more smilies in your post if you had tried to.
That Nani is technically more gifted is no secret at all tbh.
Doesnt make him the better player I agree.

Full retard? cause I laughed at a somebody posting Nani is a better player than Rooney :wenger: Some of you Nani obsessive posters need to get a grip.

It was dying for someone like Nani on form. Off form, it wouldn't have mattered.

Of course it would. He can still put in that one cross that puts a goal on a plate for somebody, and it would be someone who actually wants to take a shot. Even if it was saved and Hernandez could get on the rebound or something. Even in his worst game in a United shirt Nani wants to make things happen. Today our wingers mostly wanted to give the ball to central midfield or the fullbacks and when they didnt, almost without fail, they gave the ball to Norwich's CBs

It was dying for someone like Nani on form. Off form, it wouldn't have mattered.

Nah he's not completely woeful of form and can still make something happen, just his willingness to do something different would have helped. Plus he's definitely a player capable of producing a random piece of magic on or off form.

A Valencia or a Young cross could have set up a goal as well. A Nani off form is just as frustrating. It's just easy to forget that when he's not even around.

So apparently we needed off form Nani. Okay.

As if he was better than off form Young and off form Valencia.

Personally I think off form he's more likely to produce something than they are but it's not saying much.

Personally I think off form he's more likely to produce something than they are but it's not saying much.
I've been hearing this for months and (when off form) he's always frustrating and he hasn't produced anything (when off form) yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.