Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been hearing this for months and (when off form) he's always frustrating and he hasn't produced anything (when off form) yet.

He obviously has, but then everything good he does goes unnoticed because he takes on a shot when he should pass etc... When other wingers don't do anything, they just stop and pass backwards.

He obviously has, but then everything good he does goes unnoticed because he takes on a shot when he should pass etc... When other wingers don't do anything, they just stop and pass backwards.
Well, other wingers can stop with the ball very well, but their backward passes make it go unnoticed.

I've been hearing this for months and (when off form) he's always frustrating and he hasn't produced anything (when off form) yet.

He's done plenty of things off form, just cause he hasn't got the assists/goals to show for it doesn't meant they weren't there. He's been alright in his last few games and only had one truly bad game which was Everton, and Valencia has had a few games just as bad as that imo this season.

A Valencia or a Young cross could have set up a goal as well. A Nani off form is just as frustrating. It's just easy to forget that when he's not even around.

Nani has proven that even when he isnt playing well he can produce quite often. Valencia and Young have not

He's done plenty of things off form, just cause he hasn't got the assists/goals to show for it doesn't meant they weren't there. He's been alright in his last few games and only had one truly bad game which was Everton, and Valencia has had a few games just as bad as that imo this season.
Yes, but why do people start writing "off form he's better than off form Valencia (or Young)"?

It really doesn't matter.

When they're off form, they're both frustrating. Valencia is a one-footed player who does always the same thing and Nani is a brainless cnut.

Yes, but why do people start writing "off form he's better than off form Valencia"?

It doesn't really matter.

When they're off form, they're both frustrating. Valencia is one-footed player who does always the same thing and Nani is a brainless cnut.

my word, we have a good post in this thread...a first.

Yes, but why do people start writing "off form he's better than off form Valencia (or Young)"?

When they're off form, they're both frustraring. Valencia is one-footed player who does always the same thing and Nani is a brainless cnut.

Because he's proven he can be a match winner even when he isnt playing well. The others havent and until they find their balls in a game like today when its screaming out for them to do it, its going to remain the case. Nani is nowhere near perfect but he will never, ever stop trying to make something happen for the team. Valencia and Young will pass the buck if they arent feeling it

When they're off form, they're both frustraring. Valencia is one-footed player who does always the same thing and Nani is a brainless cnut.

I think Ekeke summed it up really, off form Nani will keep trying to make something happen, he might make the wrong choice but he'll do something, Valencia/Young will keep the ball but the kill all the momentum. Also the idea that Nani is brainless is stupid, he's a smart footballer, trying a shot and it not coming off is not the same as not seeing the option.

Nani has proven that even when he isnt playing well he can produce quite often. Valencia and Young have not

Quoted for truth. Pretty much exactly what I was going to write.

Sorry, guys, but I haven't seen that from him this season.

Call me blind, or whatever, but this is how it is.

Nani can do almost everything you would want in a modern day footballer. Shoot with either foot, pass a player in behind the defence, dribble past two players, put in a peach of a cross... When you can do it all, its not always easy to make the right choice.

If all you can really do is kick the ball a few yards and run a bit faster than the defender then drill the ball as hard as you can somewhere in the box, its a lot harder to make a clear wrong choice.

Nani always tries to create, either by dribbling, shooting, running to the byline and getting a cross in etc. Even when he's playing shit and these things aren't coming off he's always a threat, purely because it will come off at some point.

Young especially just hides and lets the game pass him by. Bar the odd 'cut inside and have a long shot' his focus seems to be keeping the ball. Just completely kills the momentum of the attack by passing it backwards to Evra or Carrick which completely destroys the tempo. With Nani he might lose you the ball when he's playing badly but he's still trying to create and is a constant threat.

Well he's actually been here a bit longer than just this season and people have been complaining about his performances for years. So maybe you should look at what he's done in that time. He's only started 4 league games so far

Galatasary (I think) where he laid on about 5 great chances? Chelsea where he scored a great goal and was generally having a decent game but for the mistake, which tbh he got harshly criticised for at the end? Put in some decent stuff in the first half against Braga and Wigan.

Last season was the only time he became a real match winner and he consistantly performed well. We havent seen too much of him off form in his time at United

He had periods last season when his form dipped but in that time he still, when off form, did something special to create a goal.

Why do some posters need to compare? To compare Nani to other wingers? Nani's been shite? Doesn't matter, Young was shite as well. Nani didn't score? Doesn't matter, at least he tried to create something special.

He's a good winger who's sometimes overrated and sometimes underrated (yes). But only a fanboi (or an idiot - like you can read in my tagline, I like to tell people the truth) cannot see that Nani isn't one of the greatest wingers in the world (but he's talented).

I'm sick of this thread. Because of people who are always writing it's never his fault.

Which games?
You didn't post in which games Nani did that and now you're expecting that from him?

I'm sorry that we don't remember all games in which Nani was amazing and did something special to create a goal.

Who's clearly better than him as an actual winger? I'm not saying he's the best but for me he's up there as a winger, there's Robben and Ribery who generally play with more attacking licence so you'd expect more attacking output, don't think Sanchez or Di Maria are better than him. Bale? not for me. If you're including the likes of Silva/Mata then he's slipped down the rankings a bit due to form but on form he's as good as any of them.

As for Nani how about his second season where almost everyone says he was poor and dissappointed. He created the 2nd most amount of goals for United behind Giggs and Giggs only managed that because he played a lot more often.

So which season was Valencia out of form but still created so many chances and goals?

This argument is almost redundant because we shouldnt be caring who the better winger is when both are out of form. Remember last year when the argument was about who was the better winger at their best?

But the fact is concrete. Nani still produces when he's not playing well. The problem is he's not playing well a bit too often.

Valencia on the other hand plays well more often. But he's not playing well now.

As for Nani how about his second season where almost everyone says he was poor and dissappointed. He created the 2nd most amount of goals for United behind Giggs and Giggs only managed that because he played a lot more often.

So which season was Valencia out of form but still created so many chances and goals?

And last season despite being classed as average/below par for nani he still equalled valencias output, might have just edged it in fact.

You are not blind at all mate. Nani has been poor this season and has fully deserved spending most of the season on the bench.

Why do some posters need to compare? To compare Nani to other wingers? Nani's been shite? Doesn't matter, Young was shite as well. Nani didn't score? Doesn't matter, at least he tried to create something special.

He's a good winger who's sometimes overrated and sometimes underrated (yes). But only a fanboi (or an idiot - like you can read in my tagline, I like to tell people the truth) cannot see that Nani isn't one of the greatest wingers in the world (but he's talented).

I'm sick of this thread. Because of people who are always writing it's never his fault.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy Nani in vain and you must compare him with other hideous wingers and not defend them, or else thou will receive a tagline.

How much is Nani on now and how much does he want?

How does it compare to Rooney/RvP?

For some reason I have 130k a week in my head for how much he wants? Not sure though. If it is that amount, then he is well worth it.

Valencia is a mystery to me. How the hell is it possible to be so one-footed when all you do week in week out is playing football? I´m surprised he can use his left-foot when he runs. Van Der Sar was more two-feeted than most of our outfield players and that is a disgrace. Work on your weaknesses in training ffs

Edit: clicked the wrong thread:wenger:sorry

Full retard? cause I laughed at a somebody posting Nani is a better player than Rooney :wenger: Some of you Nani obsessive posters need to get a grip.

Still see no reason to put 5 freaking smilies in your post when you disagree with someone. So yeah, you went full retard, and it was not the first time. It's you who needs to get a grip.

Lets not cat about. Nani is finished here, no turning back. We have to sell him in January and replace him, if SAF insists on relying in wingers then we need a number three. Young isn't good enough and Valencia's head is up his arse.

Nani plays well when he knows he isn't going to get dropped the minute he makes a mistake. He has been our best player (arguably even better than Rooney) in the last two seasons. Sadly, injuries always seem to derail him in the latter parts of the season and by the time he is back, Valencia is firmly entrenched as the favorite right winger.

It'll also help if he actually gets a run of games and doesn't get dropped the minute he does something even slightly wrong. A long run off games like Valencia would really help him.

Yep. His United career is over but it would have been nice to see him play a few games in a row.

Apparently he's on 90k and wants 130k (which we were willing to give him in February according to the tabloids but now according to them we don't want to give him any sort of raise, just usual tabloid rubbish I think).

Is he injured of Fergie has decided to don't play him anymore? He wasn't even in bench in last few games.

Yes, he's injured. Should be back soon but is still unlikely to get much game time.

Thanks. Hard to happen but I like to believe that a U-turn can happen. One of our best attacking players when he is on form.

Status
Not open for further replies.