Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was pretty ineffective along with the majority of our team. Don't forget we barely posed an attacking threat until Van Persie scored. I don't think people can be accusing him of a lack of effort tonight, definitely a lack of sharpness though. He did try to carry the ball and force the play at times, but was susceptible to losing it or getting crowded out.

I was disappointed as I know he really needs to remind people how valuable he is again. But for sure we'll be seeing a lot more of him this season.

I thought he was ok. He wasn't the worst anyway. He's not playing well enough to warrant a place in the team though, in my opinion. I'm sure he'll play in the next two CL games though, and get some kind of a run v Villa.

Yep, Mungys is the worst post, but there were also people, IMO giving undue praise - 'very good first half' - and that's what I thought Maciek was getting at.

No he wasn't. He clearly said game. The entire game's more than the first half. Accept you're wrong and move on.

Either people have low expectations or he's really shit if some posters think he had a good game.

Clearly suffering badly with a lack of confidence, and sadly a confident Nani is the only version that is good enough for this club.

A parting of the ways looks inevitable, be it in January or the summer.

How can anyone conclude he was subbed because of the indications he's done is beyond me :lol:

I mean, did those people even watch the game? It was clear he was injured, he was lying on the wet pitch holding his harmstring. fecker shit.

Clearly suffering badly with a lack of confidence, and sadly a confident Nani is the only version that is good enough for this club.

A parting of the ways looks inevitable, be it in January or the summer.

have to agree with this. People are right in saying he is a confidence player, but recently I don't think Fergie has been exactly trying to build his confidence up.

How much do you think we would get for him?

I thought he and Valencia were the best of a bad bunch in the first half. Was pretty bad in the second half though until he got injured, did nothing to improve his situation which was a bit disappointing.

I don't know how we can expect him to put in excellent performances when his contract situation is still up in the air. His head must be all over the place. Criticising him in public couldn't have done much good either. His morale and confidence must be at an all time low.

If he is on the way out, it smacks of poor planning to be still be playing him. If he's staying, then we need to sort out the contract stuff asap so he can clear his head and focus on his football.

have to agree with this. People are right in saying he is a confidence player, but recently I don't think Fergie has been exactly trying to build his confidence up.

How much do you think we would get for him?

20 or 25 at a push. Nobody is paying any more for him.

If he doesn't get regular games between now and January I think we might be lucky to get £15m for him, as we obviously want rid and he'll have 18 months left on his contract.

I don't think he played badly, but he certainly wasn't taking any risks and just done the simple things which is why he didn't stand out. But then again, other than our substitutes, every player was the same. He is obviously playing with very low confidence. Things are not going his way, especially now with this injury

Out for 10 days.

Ferguson: Nani is out with a tight hamstring and that will be around 10 days. But he should be okay as it's not torn, just tight.

How can anyone conclude he was subbed because of the indications he's done is beyond me :lol:

I mean, did those people even watch the game? It was clear he was injured, he was lying on the wet pitch holding his harmstring. fecker shit.

In fairness, Rafael was warming up and ready to come on before he got himself injured.

I don't know if he was going to be coming on for someone else and then we changed it when Nani went down, but it's hardly a huge leap of faith to assume it was going to be for him anyway.

It probably was for Nani anyway, yeah. Valencia was on fire so naturally SAF probably wanted to move him to the right wing.

I don't know how we can expect him to put in excellent performances when his contract situation is still up in the air. His head must be all over the place.

I certainly expect him to perform! He's not a 14 year old girl with period issues. He's a 25 year old man being paid millions to kick a ball around. He's got to man up!

Would have helped him having Rafael behind him instead of valencia imo. When Rafael came on and Valencia pushed further forward we looked so so much better. RVP's substitution looked to have won us the game but i think Rafaels sub was almost equally as influencial. And Nani never had that luxury. Really doesn't help his cause that we looked a lot better with Valencia there imo.

Would have helped him having Rafael behind him instead of valencia imo. When Rafael came on and Valencia pushed further forward we looked so so much better. RVP's substitution looked to have won us the game but i think Rafaels sub was almost equally as influencial. And Nani never had that luxury. Really doesn't help his cause that we looked a lot better with Valencia there imo.

I said the exact same think in post Braga thread.

I don't know how we can expect him to put in excellent performances when his contract situation is still up in the air. His head must be all over the place. Criticising him in public couldn't have done much good either. His morale and confidence must be at an all time low.

If he is on the way out, it smacks of poor planning to be still be playing him. If he's staying, then we need to sort out the contract stuff asap so he can clear his head and focus on his football.

None of us really know whats going on here, but lets just say it's what it appears to be, We want him to sign a new contract. But he wants 'x' amount, we think thats too much and we offer him 'y' amount. We really don't have to budge to accomodate him so the ball is effectively in his court.

If we want him to stay then we want to keep giving him games here and there to show that. But if we think he might go then we certainly don't push the boat out giving him games when he doesn't warrant them with his performances. Simple from our point of view, he has to play very well to break into our side from now on.

I said the exact same think in post Braga thread.

I was gonna post, "doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out", but then realised how difficult many on here actually found it to realise that.

I say, play full backs at full back, play wingers on the wing. Genius I am.

In fairness, Rafael was warming up and ready to come on before he got himself injured.

I don't know if he was going to be coming on for someone else and then we changed it when Nani went down, but it's hardly a huge leap of faith to assume it was going to be for him anyway.

I wouldn't rule that out, but looking by what happened, it was obvious he was subbed because of the injury.

It's probably better for him that he is sidelined at the moment, rather than giving him to play 90 minutes every three or four games. He already lost his confidence, using him like that won't do him anything good, and we all know what having confidence means to him.

He's not doing it enough at the moment Nani, sure he'll get opportunities when he's back, unless his place gets taken.....

He was frustrating today, shit in the first half, and awfull in the second half. I hope we sell him.

Give Nani a prolonged run in the side and he is our best winger.

He is, by far, a better winger than Valencia and Young but he doesn't seem to get the support he needs from the manager or the fans.

I will be gutted if he leaves as he is an exciting footballer that can be brilliant with a run of games under him

Is this latest Nani mess down to a loss of form or a Fergie negotiating tactic to a encourage him to sign?

Is this latest Nani mess down to a loss of form or a Fergie negotiating tactic to a encourage him to sign?

I think he's done here. It's partly because he doesn't want to sign a deal yet and partly because Ferguson is frustrated with his performances, I guess. I'd prefer if we'd at least pretended that there might be a future for him here because it's the only way we are going to get a good price for him when we move him on. If it's clear we won't be keeping him and it is at the minute, we'll probably be forced to sell him for slightly more than £10m in the Summer.

Give Nani a prolonged run in the side and he is our best winger.

He is, by far, a better winger than Valencia and Young but he doesn't seem to get the support he needs from the manager or the fans.

I will be gutted if he leaves as he is an exciting footballer that can be brilliant with a run of games under him

I think he (and Anderson) get far too much of this on here.

"He's not being supported"
"He wasn't playing with the right players"
"He played in the wrong position/system"
"Loads of other players played badly too"
"He's being rotated far too often"
"It's all because of the contract"

etc. etc.

He won't last very long at the club if he isn't capable of taking responsibility for his own performances. If his contract is an issue then so be it, but if he was as good as people on here would have you believe he'd have gotten the massive wage hike he's looking for. If he plays like he can between now and the end of the season I have no doubts he'd get the contract he wants.

What do you know? Has he even been offered a deal? If yes, what was that deal like?

I'll go and check my twitter sources. I'm sure they will have exact and accurate figures of the amount offered, contract length, clauses, add-ons and bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.