Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was very good in the first half, probably our best player in that time alongside Valencia, but was shit in the second half tbf.

For those saying he was shit, I was arguing with the mate about his passing in the first half, he said Nani was invisible, so I memorised this: he had more touches with the ball than Anderson, almost twice as Welbeck and Chicharito, and same number as Rooney, around 45 I think. Passing accuracy around 90%.

For those saying he was shit, I was arguing with the mate about his passing in the first half, he said Nani was invisible, so I memorised this: he had more touches with the ball than Anderson, almost twice as Welbeck and Chicharito, and same number as Rooney, around 45 I think. Passing accuracy around 90%.

Memorized as in, counted it all in your head or got it off a site?

Yes, after the final whistle people suggest he had a good game but he actually didn't.

Look some people are saying shit throughout and some are saying he washerry good in first half. As always both of them are exaggerating, the truth he was average but not in top 3 worst players for us today.

Yes, after the final whistle people suggest he had a good game but he actually didn't.

And you, Mungy and KM enter the thread with the intention of telling those people how wrong they are.

It's like a rerun of a really bad sitcom.

He didn't have a good game but, was far more involved than Welbeck on the other side.

He didn't have a shocker either - just more in line with the rest of the team's performance. The latter I blame on just a very formation on the team that made us seem very disjointed.

Look some people are saying shit throughout and some are saying he washerry good in first half. As always both of them are exaggerating, the truth he was average but not in top 3 worst players for us today.

Exactly. Maciek is just acting the bellend, no-one has suggested what he says.

I just he's off....I think he knows it and I think Fergie knows it...

I don't really get this line of thinking in terms of applying it to his on field attitude. He looks like he's lacking confidence but in terms of committment I don't see any problems. Always looks to try and get on the ball or make good movements, gets back, certainly today he tracked well, tries to get the game restarted quick esp when we need a goal. I don't doubt there are issues off the pitch but on it, aside from a lack of confidence I don't see much wrong.

For those saying he was average/poor in the first half I don't know what you want. There was very little to work with as our 3 midfielders were basically passengers, he linked up really well with everyone he could, took the sensible options, sometimes it didn't come off but not all those types of passes do, but it wasn't like he was taking the wrong option like the central 3 often were with their careless long passes. He tracked back well.

And you, Mungy and KM enter the thread with the intention of telling those people how wrong they are..

To be fair, Maciek is barking up a tree that doesn't exist. Sinply acting ghe clown.

It's hard to debate when posters like him just make up what they have read.

A couple posters have said he was 'very good', which is untrue.

Yeah ok that was a bit too far by me, but he was certainly good in that first half, just cause the majority of the rest of the team was very poor shouldn't change that.

Yeah ok that was a bit too far by me, but he was certainly good in that first half, just cause the majority of the rest of the team was very poor shouldn't change that.

Thats fair enough, I think he was probably one of our top three or four performers in the first half but still wouldn't go beyond 'decent' to describe it.

And you, Mungy and KM enter the thread with the intention of telling those people how wrong they are.

Have you even read what I wrote today?

fecking where?

Quote it... the whole post!!

Was very good in the first half, probably our best player in that time alongside Valencia, but was shit in the second half tbf.

Clearly biased against nani if you can't see he was very good in the first half.

Thats 'fecking' where.

Was no worse than anyone else barring Rooney in that front 6 throughout the first half.

Thats fair enough, I think he was probably one of our top three or four performers in the first half but still wouldn't go beyond 'decent' to describe it.

I would, think people are being very harsh. What more could he have done apart from a solo effort? With the approach we took in the first half there simply wasn't the space to expose them on the outside. He linked up really well with Valencia and Ando when he could. Put in a good ball for Hernandez and nearly put in Ando. He tracked back well and tried to get things going.

Honestly, I don't dislike Nani, it's the Nani supporters that are so uncompromising that I dislike.

When he has a good game I'll be here to take the stick.

People judge nani game by game....he's not going to be as effective if we're not controlling the game in the final third. Just didn't happen but the quality is still there. We as a team played too many long balls first half especially. It's a basic tactic and if it don't work, you're just allowing the technically good teams a foot hold in the game. There's been so much written - it's important we show out support and he'll step up.

I would, think people are being very harsh. What more could he have done apart from a solo effort? With the approach we took in the first half there simply wasn't the space to expose them on the outside. He linked up really well with Valencia and Ando when he could. Put in a good ball for Hernandez and nearly put in Ando. He tracked back well and tried to get things going.

It's not personal, what more could Hernandez have done? I wouldn't call his performance anything more than decent either.

Nani did nothing wrong, but didn't do much great either, like the whole team. To me, that's 'decent'.

It's not personal, what more could Hernandez have done? I wouldn't call his performance anything more than decent either.

Nani did nothing wrong, but didn't do much great either, lie the whole tea. To me, that's 'decent'.

Hernandez could have done more, evertime he got the ball in the first half he passed it straight back, someone in the middle be it him, rooney or giggs needed to get around the edge of their box and actually turn to face it and open up the options, or at the least look to get beyond Hernandez. Hernandez was barely involved. Nani saw a fair bit of the ball and for me didn't make any real poor choices and the majority of the time used it smartly.

Memorized as in, counted it all in your head or got it off a site?

No :lol: I checked his statistics at half from whoscored.com and compared it to our other players stats.

Both say "first half" ffs.

So yeah, my point stands. Maciek is just acting the clown.

He wasn't 'very good' in the first half either, one of the potsers who said he was has even since admitted as much.

Maceik said people will say he was good when he wasn't really, this is quite true, and doesn't constitue him 'acting the bellend'.

Honestly, I don't dislike Nani, it's the Nani supporters that are so uncompromising that I dislike.

When he has a good game I'll be here to take the stick.

Nani isn't the reason for the poor performance by the team....if we bought Ronaldinho and he was off key - you wouldn't blame him for not defending - because that's not he was about. Our play was slow, laboured and then we were stupid first half in looking for the straight ball nearly every time - giving the ball away. We didn't build as a team, to utilize the width. There's no need to slag him off.

Maceik said people will say he was good when he wasn't really, this is quite true, and doesn't constitue him 'acting the bellend'.

Pretty much every single poster said "good first half, shite second", a few said "very good first, nothing second".

No-one said he had a good game as Maceik suggested, so stop fecking sticking up for him just because he sits on your side of the Nani wall. You should maybe then stick up for mungy and his "shite as usual" comment too. Bizarre.

Average game for Nani, similar to 90% of the team, I don't get the debate.

Pretty much every single poster said "good first half, shite second", a few said "very good first, nothing second".

No-one said he had a good game as Maceik suggested, so stop fecking sticking up for him just because he sits on your side of the Nani wall. You should maybe then stick up for mungy and his "shite as usual" comment too. Bizarre.

Average game for Nani, similar to 90% of the team, I don't get the debate.

Wow, you must be on your period. I'll leave you to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.