Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said very good was a little too much though in the context of everyone else bar Valencia it might be appropriate, I do think he was good in the first half but was quiet in the second. But to say he was poor over the whole game, particularly the first half for me suggests more of a dislike of Nani than objectivity over his performance.

Just checking.

They're impressive stats. 90% passing and our most touches alongside Rooney...

Well, I thought he was very good in the first half so it's not surprise to me.

I'm not surprised this thread is so active but it really shouldn't be. He didn't play bad or anything so it's the usual folk out to slate him yet again. It's just the usual story now, unless Nani players exceptional then it's a bad game by him, or he doesn't care anymore.

I'm not surprised this thread is so active but it really shouldn't be. He didn't play bad or anything so it's the usual folk out to slate him yet again. It's just the usual story now, unless Nani players exceptional then it's a bad game by him, or he doesn't care anymore.

Bang on Orton.

When did Nani last put in an exceptional performance?

Better - when was he last MOTM?

Even better - When was his last good performance?

I just can't understand anyone who thinks he had a poor game, particularly the first half, quiet in the second fair enough, but no where near poor in the first half.

I like him, but if he does leave I'm sure he will prove point at some other club so I'm not worried about him. Of course if he finds good club. I'm worried about us because we will eventually realise what kind of player we lost.

I just can't understand anyone who thinks he had a poor game, particularly the first half, quiet in the second fair enough, but no where near poor in the first half.

I think you already made this point. Move on.

Tell you what mungy, not being excellent doesn't mean shite. Come into the thread and call him shite when he's played shite. Otherwise, I have no idea where you are coming from.

An excellent performance from Nani is long overdue for sure.

Tottenham, Galatasaray, Wigan, Southampton he has done well enough. He's been in and out of the team constantly, so it's impossible to get a consistent run of good performances going. Obviously off the field troubles are something to do with it.

He is capable of so much more, I know.

It's because the jurys out with regards to him at the moment, he hardly plays so when he does it's going to generate discussion of some sort, particularly with the contract issue looming too.

I also think it works both ways, what you said is true but there's also people who are anxious to defend him when valid criticisms are being put forward.

Personally, I think he is capable of far more than what he showed today, so was again disappointed.

I agree that the discussion around Nani can turn tedious/shit very easily these days though.

Shows how bad he's been if people actually think that wasn't a bad performance. The difference down that flank when he went off was incredible. He's playing like a player who doesn't care about his future at the club.

Tottenham, Galatasaray, Wigan, Southampton - no MOTM in any of these. Average against Spurs, OK against Galatasaray, poor against Wigan, same against Wigan.

I ask again

The difference down that flank when he went off was incredible. He's playing like a player who doesn't care about his future at the club.

The difference in the entire team with RVP, Rafael and Rio on the pitch was incredible. All of a sudden Giggs looked good, Anderson looked good, Hernadez looked good etc.

Harsh to say any different.

As I said 100 times already, average performance from him tonight, playing a team that wasn't clicking at all. Think it's silly to say he's playing like a player who doesn't care about his future at the club.

Pretty much every single poster said "good first half, shite second", a few said "very good first, nothing second".

No-one said he had a good game as Maceik suggested, so stop fecking sticking up for him just because he sits on your side of the Nani wall. You should maybe then stick up for mungy and his "shite as usual" comment too. Bizarre.

Average game for Nani, similar to 90% of the team, I don't get the debate.

Why would I do that when I disagree?

Bizarre.

The difference in the entire team with RVP, Rafael and Rio on the pitch was incredible. All of a sudden Giggs looked good, Anderson looked good, Hernadez looked good etc.

As I said 100 times already, average performance from him tonight, playing a team that wasn't clicking at all. Think it's silly to say he's playing like a player who doesn't care about his future at the club.

Yeah, I think the last few minutes when RVP and Rafael were brought on was always going to be more accommodating for our players, particularly our right winger, to play much better.

It's a important factor when analysing the merits of each individual performance.

Tottenham, Galatasaray, Wigan, Southampton - no MOTM in any of these. Average against Spurs, OK against Galatasaray, poor against Wigan, same against Wigan.

I ask again

I never said he was motm, I said he done good enough in those games (you did ask when he last had a good performance). It has been a while since he put in an exceptional performance. Maybe have to go back to the end of last season against Everton, but since the start of this one It is quite clear that something isn't right with the Nani situation and he isn't getting a run in the side which is only going to make it more difficult for him to get back to his best.

As I said 100 times already, average performance. Think it's silly to say he's playing like a player who doesn't care about his future at the club.

You may think it's silly but I don't and the manager doesn't seem all that keen to play him. He did absolutely nothing positive in the entire game. Valencia looked more dangerous from right back than Nani did. If a player is unhappy at not playing they need to bust a gut to try and get game time. Look at Chicharito. Nani's not doing it and will have nobody to blame but himself when he's sitting on the bench again at the weekend.

Shows how bad he's been if people actually think that wasn't a bad performance. The difference down that flank when he went off was incredible. He's playing like a player who doesn't care about his future at the club.

Think that may have been somewhat due to our change to a much more natural 442 from the introduction or RVP. Before that there was simply no space anywhere to go down the flank like Valencia was. That said Valencia was excellent.

I ask again

Not put in an exceptional performance for a while, doubt anyone denies that but he's been in and out of the team this season, and was injured/off form for the latter part of last season, so no big surprise there.

He played well against Gala, definitely better than ok. Don't remember him being poor against wigan.

Nani's not doing it and will have nobody to blame but himself when he's sitting on the bench again at the weekend.

Agree with this. But.... the contract is the problem I'm sure. SAF is reluctant to play him until he signs it and he's struggling to get any form going by coming in and out of the team, and usually he's played in a mix match team right now.

Decided to debate again now? good.

I was making a point, you were sticking up for a silly Maceik post presumably because he shares similar Nani views to you.

I don't normally engage in 'debates' with people who are overly emotional about the subject but I was baffled by that so brought it up.

Macieks post wasn't silly really, and had atleast an element of truth it to it. Mungys post on the other hand, is a falsehood.

I ask again

To be fair, before tonight you could label the same thing at Valencia and Young for me.

Valencia finally had a good performance tonight.

I don't normally engage in 'debates' with people who are overly emotional about the subject but I was baffled by that so brought it up.

Overly emotional? I've said Nani was average, nothing to get "emotional" about there.

Maciek's post was silly because the "element of truth" was being stretched to the limit in order for him to make a point because he's not a big fan of Nani.

Agree with this. But.... the contract is the problem I'm sure. SAF is reluctant to play him until he signs it and he's struggling to get any form going by coming in and out of the team, and usually he's played in a mix match team right now.

Again though all these things are Nani's fault. He's not doing enough to remedy the situation. His Utd career is on the line and this is what he musters. So little fight in the player. He's got great ability but I question if he has the mentality to be a Utd player for much longer. The manager has got rid of better.

To be fair, before tonight you could label the same thing at Valencia and Young for me.

Valencia finally had a good performance tonight.

Yeah true, tbh bar RVP and rafael, few other of our players could be classed as playing well consistently this season, we've gotten away with a lot of poor stuff this season continuing on from some poor stuff last season, though injuries have played their part.

Overly emotional? I've said Nani was average, nothing to get "emotional" about there.

Maciek's post was silly because the "element of truth" was being stretched to the limit in order for him to make a point because he's not a big fan of Nani.

It's your swearing, for no apparent reason, makes it seem like you are worked up.

I don't agree it was 'stretched to the limit', barring a little pedantry about first and second half. I don't agree that he was 'very good in the first half', so people claiming he was, fits in with what I thought Maceik was implying. That's why I 'stuck up for him', not because we have similar views regarding Nani. I don't even really know what his views are.

I don't agree it was 'stretched to the limit', barring a little pedantry about first and second half. I don't agree that he was 'very good in the first half', so people claiming he was, fits in with what I thought Maceik was implying. That's why I 'stuck up for him', not because we have similar views regarding Nani. I don't even really know what his views are.

here's the post.

Yes, after the final whistle people suggest he had a good game but he actually didn't.

When actually, all the posts after the final whistle include critique, no-one is trying blindly to suggest that Nani had a good game, just posters being honest about him having a good first half and a poor second half. Other posters (like myself) saying he had an average game all round.

Maciek's point to Top is about posters always coming in here after a game, no matter how Nani plays and trying to say he had a good game. Well today, that is simply not the case, every poster was actually critical of Nani.

And that Fergus' son is why it was a silly post.

here's the post.

When actually, all the posts after the final whistle seem to me to be a good critic, no-one trying to "big up" Nani, just posters being honest about him having a good first half and a poor second half.

Maciek's point to Top is about posters always coming in here after a game, no matter how Nani plays and trying to say he had a good game. Well today, that is simply not the case, every poster was actually critical of Nani.

And that Fergus' son is why it was a silly post.

Well if you disagree with 'very good first half', then it isn't quite so silly.

'People will suggest he had a good first half when he didnt', I think is accurate, that's why I thought you calling him a bellend in response to what he actually said was a little harsh.

Anyway, you carry on.

'People will suggest he had a good first half when he didnt'

Yeah I'd be fine with that but you're missing the point.

Maceik and Top were debating the posters who come in here after a game and blindly praise Nani vs. the posters who come in here and blindly criticise him.

And as I said, mungy blindy criticised, I don't see anyone blindly praising him with no critique.

And now I'll "carry on" and hope you finally get the point.

Yeah I'd be fine with that but you're missing the point.

Maceik and Top were debating the posters who come in here after a game and blindly praise Nani vs. the posters who come in here and blindly criticise him.

And as I said, mungy blindy criticised, I don't see anyone blindly praising him with no critique.

And now I'll "carry on" and hope you finally get the point.

Yep, Mungys is the worst post, but there were also people, IMO giving undue praise - 'very good first half' - and that's what I thought Maciek was getting at.

Decent. However, he wasn't "overshadowed by Valencia." In the second half, bar a couple of runs I don't think Valencia did much either. The whole team look disjointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.