Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it just seems like a classic case of a club not being willing to pay what a player feels he's worth - and what he'll probably be able to get elsewhere. It happens.

I don't see Nani backing down and lowering his demands, and judging by Fergie playing hardball by limiting his playing time, I don't see the club backing down either. Why we'll probably see him leave next transfer window.

Young starting ahead of him is pretty much a confirmation of him being a goner.

Yep, I've never really full accepted it until now, but that seems to be the nail in the coffin.

The hilarious/depressing thing is, we'll probably sell him for less than we bought Young for, and he's on way lower wages than Young.

I hope it is just a case of Nani's poor form, and Young being a hard worker in defending. SAF commented of having to try cope with Chelski's attacking force. Nani has the quality there, hope he can take the chances he gets and prove he can stay here and is worth it.

Nani hasn't been in poor form though, that's the thing. He was good in the last two games he started (Gala and Spurs), but SAF dropped him in future games anyway. His recent form has actually been better than Valencia, and Young hasn't even played.

Nani hasn't been in poor form though, that's the thing. He was good in the last two games he started (Gala and Spurs), but SAF dropped him in future games anyway. His recent form has actually been better than Valencia, and Young hasn't even played.

:lol: bollocks

Surprised Young starts over Nani (and Welbeck for that matter). I just hope it's cause of Nani's form than a dispute

Both have been pretty crap to be fair, so I certainly don't understand the green smilie. Valencia has just had more minutes to show his crapness.

mungy is a clueless cretin, just look up any of his posts in Nani threads.

If you compare their last few games like for like, Nani has been better, when they've started. Nani just hasn't actually started since Spurs.

We are going to be playing on the break for all of the second half I imagine so I'd get Nani on as while the other two may defend better I think this is the type of game he can excel in for us going forward.

I don't necessarily think he's on his way out but I reckon it'd be the best solution for both parties both in the medium and long run. Young and Valencia are both better wingers for United than Nani so I'd have no problem in cashing in and replacing him with either a youngster from within or a new promising winger.

I don't necessarily think he's on his way out but I reckon it'd be the best solution for both parties both in the medium and long run. Young and Valencia are both better wingers for United than Nani so I'd have no problem in cashing in on Nani and replacing him with either a youngster from within or a new promising winger.

:eek:

Based on what?

This is the most attritional thread on the Caf. You've got to really want it.

I don't necessarily think he's on his way out but I reckon it'd be the best solution for both parties both in the medium and long run. Young and Valencia are both better wingers for United than Nani so I'd have no problem in cashing in and replacing him with either a youngster from within or a new promising winger.

What? You must be kidding me here?

It doesn't look good but I reckon there is still a way back for him. He just needs to keep his mouth shut and take his chances when they come, ie in midweek.

Pretty sure you've got it the wrong way around.

That Portuguese reporter didn't seem to talk out of his arse, when he "broke" the story of Nani's unhappiness, which was apperently quotes from Nani himself.

Nani wants to leave.

So it's not a case of him fighting his way back. Seemingly, the only way he'll stay is if he either decides to stay after all, or if United offer him enough money to change his mind.

Pretty sure you've got it the wrong way around.

That Portuguese reporter didn't seem to talk out of his arse, when he "broke" the story of Nani's unhappiness, which was apperently quotes from Nani himself.

Nani wants to leave.

So it's not a case of him fighting his way back. Seemingly, the only way he'll stay is if he either decides to stay after all, or if United offer him enough money to change his mind.

Fair enough. He would have to really work his arse off to stay I reckon. So if he isn't happy, other than just sulking about not being picked, then he's surely off.

Fair enough. He would have to really work his arse off to stay I reckon. So if he isn't happy, other than just sulking about not being picked, then he's surely off.

But that's not what the reporter said.

He said Fergie would like to renew Nani's contract, but Nani doesn't want that.

As a result of that, Nani has been spend more time on the bench than he usually would.

So Nani wouldn't have to "work his arse of to stay" - he'd seemingly just have to sign the contract. If the Portuguese reporter is to be believed, which I reckon he is.

As a result of that, Nani has been spend more time on the bench than he usually would.

So Nani wouldn't have to "work his arse of to stay" - he'd seemingly just have to sign the contract. If the Portuguese reporter is to be believed, which I reckon he is.

Ok. I didn't see this interview you're talking about.

What? You must be kidding me here?

I'm not, Young is quicker, he's a better crosser and has that whip on his shots. He doesn't neceseraily have to be a better player individually, but he's better for our team imo. Fact that he is English works in his favour as well.

Yeah I said this even before the report came out Top. The problem right now is the contract situation, why play a player if you're not sure if he wants to stay or not.

And as I said last week, nothing has changed, if he signs a contract I'm sure he'll get more opportunities to play his way back into form.

Easiest thing to do would be to wait until the transfer window before declaring him gone wouldn't it? But then that'd make some folk feel less self-important and allows them the chance to blow hot air.

Is his unhappiness all about his contract then? He wants more money than SAF is offering?

No one knows. According to the Portuguese reporter it's abut promises being broken.

Whether these are promises about a better deal than what's currently on the table, or more playing time, is anyone's guess.

Is his unhappiness all about his contract then? He wants more money than SAF is offering?

That is probably the focal point that triggered the situation, but with time it certainly gets more serious than that. He feels he is unfairly paid, and now will feel his playing time is unfair as well, compounding the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.