Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we went out and got Bale that would be more than a proper replacement. But it's unrealistic to think we would pay 40 mill.

Isco looks good from what I have seen, but he is young and there are no guarantees.

One thing is guaranteed though, that despite what the Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime will say we'll replace him with a great talent.

The sagas of Hazard and Lucas makes me sure of that.

If we went out and got Bale that would be more than a proper replacement. But it's unrealistic to think we would pay 40 mill.

Isco looks good from what I have seen, but he is young and there are no guarantees.

I wouldnt want someone like Bale personally. Having 2 out and out wingers doesnt do much for the flexibility of a system.

It has to be about money. Though the surprising part is that even the Russians were not willing to meet his demands. Don't know what figures he has in mind but he ain't going to get them at Juve or Milan. His delusions of grandeur might put him in a no man's land.

City is the only one that could match his wages to slight us.

Bale and Valencia on the wings would be incredible for me. Both work hard and track back too.

Although in fairness to Nani, this is a part of his game were he also really improved

It has to be about money. Though the surprising part is that even the Russians were not willing to meet his demands. Don't know what figures he has in mind but he ain't going to get them at Juve or Milan. His delusions of grandeur might put him in a no man's land.

City is the only one that could match his wages to slight us.

I think wage demands would change according to the club that he's discussing a contract with. He'd demand huge sums from a russian club and rightly so. But, if he leaves in Jan or worryingly enough next summer, he'l have a host of clubs willing to meet his wage demands.

Bale and Valencia on the wings would be incredible for me. Both work hard and track back too.

On the wings is correct. Thats what am getting at. If we play a wide system, it'd be good. But it'd restrict our flexibility in approach.

I'd hate it if we signed Bale. We dont need another Valencia type winger. Before the summer Lucas and Hazard are probably the two wingers in world football that most would have identified to come here and become world class. From my limited knowledge, there arent many in this calibre that are available now. Isco is potentially one, are there any more that im forgetting?

Yeah, if the Hazard deal was to replace Nani, then we've missed out massively. Because he looks to me to be potentially an even better player than Nani.

Well we did try to get him. And if Chelsea didn't fluke their way to the CL, we may well have gotten him too.

Cnuts

I have been surprised by his work-rate. He tracks back and helps out in defense too.
All those reports about him not liking training and him being a diva were nonsense I guess.

He does look potentially very good.

He already is very good and looks absolute top drawer potentially. Makes me wonder whether we should actually go that extra mile and do what it takes when it comes to players of his quality.

I really don't get this Rodriguez love - what games has he convinced you guys that he's a potential world class player?

I really don't get this Rodriguez love - what games has he convinced you guys that he's a potential world class player?

Whenever I've seen him he has been a standout. He is a very clever player, who can play more centrally (e.g. Ozil/Silva role) playing people in, or out wide in a wing forward role. He's also a very good goal threat and he's only 21. He will be a world class player in my opinion.

I'd be a bit wary about Rodriguez. Wasnt Anderson looking a quality winger at Porto?

From what I've seen of him he's in the main a goalscorer. Something we arguably need least in our wideplayers now we have RVP, Rooney and sometimes even a third striker on the pitch in Welbeck or Hernandez.

Didnt we sign RVP after we failed to sign Lucas and Hazard? He's obviously nothing like the same type of player but the manager is already talking about it being hard to make his selection with all 4 quality strikers we have. And we're picking an extra one on the left as well as trying out a new formation that seemed out of our nature not long ago.

It could easily be the case that in signing RVP we've moved on from whatever ideas we had in the summer with those young wingers

I'd be a bit wary about Rodriguez. Wasnt Anderson looking a quality winger at Porto?

Anderson played in the hole for Porto. I think one of the issues with him, was us converting him to a deeper, more defensive role. He had much more freedom at Porto.

Anderson played in the whole for Porto. I think one of the issues with him, was us converting him to a deeper, more defensive role. He had much more freedom at Porto.

Pretty sure he was being picked on the right from what I read on here at the time (hadnt been watching them/him)

i like the look of rolls reus but he seems more effective playing as close to a forward as possible and not really a utd-style winger.

then again, neither are goatse and rodriguez.

all three can be targets depending on fergie's exact requirements.

mind you, it's more likely tom ince will be nani's replacement

i like the look of rolls reus but he seems more effective playing as close to a forward as possible and not really a utd-style winger.

then again, neither are goatse and rodriguez.

all three can be targets depending on fergie's exact requirements.

mind you, it's more likely tom ince will be nani's replacement

Reus moved back to Dortmund, as they're his boyhood club. Won't leave soon. Same could be said with Götze though.

A real shame. An even bigger shame we didn't get Hazard or Lucas.

Don't really rate that Rodriguez fella from the little I have seen of him. Isco is the only one available who'd be a great addition.

People saying Nani is easily replaceable, really don't appreciate just how good a player he is.

The Nani of 2010 would be hard to replace - but we rarely see that player these days. If he's rarely hitting the level he's capable of, then what's the point of persisting after a while?

The Nani of 2010 would be hard to replace - but we rarely see that player these days. If he's rarely hitting the level he's capable of, then what's the point of persisting after a while?

If he's decided to leave, there's no way he'l be at his best.

Yeah, if the Hazard deal was to replace Nani, then we've missed out massively. Because he looks to me to be potentially an even better player than Nani.

Definately looks a more consistent player. Has made a smashing start to his premier league life and you can't help but wonder how good he can become in a few years time.

Worst thing about all this is, Nani leaving on cheap.

Which means we won't replace him with a world class player.

He already is very good and looks absolute top drawer potentially. Makes me wonder whether we should actually go that extra mile and do what it takes when it comes to players of his quality.

Me too. I didn't care much for us missing out on Hazard when it happened but now that I've actually seen him I do wonder if that kind of talent is worth conceding a little ground for. He is ridiculously talented.

Anyway, this is disappointing news. If he does go, I hope we sign someone with potential to be the top bracket to replace him. Without him we don't have a single player who is a really gifted dribbler.

Me too. I didn't care much for us missing out on Hazard when it happened but now that I've actually seen him I do wonder if that kind of talent is worth conceding a little ground for. He is ridiculously talented.

He said it came down to United or Chelsea - it wasn't about the transfer price, and I honestly don't think we were haggling over a few quid, the player simply decided to join a different club.

What more could we have done in this instance?

Nani should be starting on the right for us most games when fit, in my opinion.

He is a class player.

He said it came down to United or Chelsea - it wasn't about the transfer price, and I honestly don't think we were haggling over a few quid, the player simply decided to join a different club.

Didn't Chelsea pay 6 million to Hazard's agent or something like that? That's less than one Bebe.

It'd be a shame to lose such a player.His style is rare among the entire United team.

Was easily our best midfielder when on form and given playing time without fear of getting dropped. Not sure why Fergie has made him the odd man out this year but I suppose its a result of us buying Kagawa, RVP etc.

Might also have something to do with his contract renewal coming up and maybe a way to push his wages down?

Would be silly for us to get rid of him though. Clearly still one of our most talented players and still has plenty of room to improve. I think the only reason Fergie doesn't play him more often is because he isnt as solid defensively as Valencia. However, he is definately a much bigger goal threat than Antonio and has the ability to beat his defender at will when on form.

SAF said our offer was lower than Chelsea's.

Thing with Hazard though is would we have changed our set up to play him? With the way Fergie started the season, the diamond seems more like something he stumbled upon and even then it seems more of a way to accommodate as many strikers as he can, he seems reluctant to try and more maybe to a 433 where we could get a blend of the central control and still enjoy good attacking threats from wide areas. And with the way we execute the diamond Hazard wouldn't really fit in to that either. In the wide areas he'd probably suffer in the way Kagawa has and the guy who plays at the head of the diamond has to get back well because we don't tuck the wide players in when we lose the ball, if you notice it's always Rooney who comes in alongside Carrick/Fletcher in that system.

I hope this thing with Nani blows over, he's still being played which I guess is a good sign. Poor/average form however you want to call it his numbers are very similar to Valencia and Young and neither of them at their best matched what he did at his best. I still think that Nani could be a massive player for us, particularly if we did move to a 433.

At this point unless there's an internal issue I can't understand selling him. With less than 2 years on his contract we can't exactly recoup loads, hopefully we'll deal with it better than Berba. If Arsenal can get 24 mil for Nasri with a year left we should be able to get similar, we paid 18mil for Young with a year left and he definitely wasn't as good as Nani is when we bought him. But either way considering we spent 17mil or so for him we're unlikely to recoup much and will have to spend at least a similar amount to replace him with a player of similar ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.