Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
These tweets are Gonçalo Lopes, Portuguese reporter who writes for Diário de Notícias

Ferguson told him this month that he will have less minutes until the end of the season if he doesn't renew. #mufc

Nani is not happy with Ferguson. The scottish made some promises that didn't fulfilled, this according to people close to Nani.

More from him.

Why didn't we sell him in the summer then, if these stories are true should have just let him leave.

That's why we tried for Lucas and Hazard. If we had signed either one of them, Nani would've been off. I'm just guessing though.

Yeah but even so, what's the point in keeping him when he's rotting away on the bench. We didn't get a replacement, we still have him and he is barely playing any minutes. Now he will leave for feck all next year after spending a season sitting on his arse if the past few games are anything to go by.

Its not just the contract, but his form isnt likely good enough to warrant teams pushing the boat out for him. Why should we keep him? At the very least strength in depth. Tell me what happens if Valencia gets another injury.

It would have been better if the deal with the Russians came to fruition this summer. Now we are going to get shit for him..

If he is sold in January, I don't think we are going to need a replacement. We have enough attackers and Giggs. I rather buy Isco or J-Rod next summer.

Every ounce of flair and exciement is being sucked out of our team. It's also worrying how more and more players are saying that we aren't fulfilling promises made to them.

You actually don't know that yet. If we sign an excellent replacement for him(Rodriguez) etc, then that flair and excitement will go nowhere.

Ferguson even prefers to play Welbeck on the wing nowadays so If Valencia did get injured then I wouldn't be surprised if another player got stuck out in an unfamiliar role on the right.

Ferguson even prefers to play Welbeck on the wing nowadays so If Valencia did get injured then I wouldn't be surprised if another player got stuck out in an unfamiliar role on the right.

There is a player named Young in our squad.

Who plays on the left usually...

I can't ever see us signing Rodriguez. No chance we would spend 30 million plus on a player like him.

He is a right footed winger. He has played there before.

I think J-Rod would be available for 25m or so. Those release clauses are ridiculous. I have read a couple of posts from Arruda and it seems that Porto would need money to balance the books.

We were ready to spend sums of around 25m for players like Moura and Hazard so spending it on J-Rod isn't that far fethced

You actually don't know that yet. If we sign an excellent replacement for him(Rodriguez) etc, then that flair and excitement will go nowhere.

Rodriguez looks a different player to me, but I know what you mean. It's a bad situation anyway that Nani is probably our only player that is exciting to watch and has some flair and trickery to his game.

Rodriguez looks a different player to me, but I know what you mean. It's a bad situation anyway that Nani is probably our only player that is exciting to watch and has some flair and trickery to his game.

Do you mean you don't find the likes of Rooney, RvP and Kagawa exciting to watch, or you do, but think they don't play with flair and trickery?

That's harsh IMO. I'd say Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Rafael and Ando(on his days) are very exciting to watch in full flow.

Very different coming from the left to playing on the right. Welbeck and Rooney have played almost every game they've ever played in a wide role on the left so they can come inside and shoot, not on the right where they'll be expected to get to the byline and cross.

Nani is a cracking player, but he is replaceable.

I would be really disappointed if he did go but he isnt really forcing the issue this year.

When valencia was injured his form was phenomenal, but since hes been back its like he cannot handle the competition.

Perhaps these "broken promises" are why he isnt playing up to standard.

Usually though once these stories reach the press, its too late.

I fear he is gone January.

If Nani ends up not being willing to sign a new contract, most likely because he decides he isnt happy with his role then why is some £30 million young talent going to want to take up the same role?

Thats the one saving grace with Ashley Young, its not like he can say "I'm not too happy being a backup boss, im going to go and join this other top team". But we'd be so much poorer with Nani gone.

Very different coming from the left to playing on the right. Welbeck and Rooney have played almost every game they've ever played in a wide role on the left so they can come inside and shoot, not on the right where they'll be expected to get to the byline and cross.

On paper Rooney and Welbeck might have started on the left but we have used an interchanging 3 with them and RVP. They have been very fluid and no has had a fixed position.

On paper Rooney and Welbeck might have started on the left but we have used an interchanging 3 with them and RVP. They have been very fluid and no has had a fixed position.

One of them is always on the left. On the right we're rigid with Valencia, Nani, Cleverley, etc. They get the ball into the box instead of giving it to Evra to get on with it. Rooney or Welbeck crossing the ball from the right is a waste. We simply have better from that position but from the left they have the oppertunity to pop up around the edge of the box and get an effort in.

Do you mean you don't find the likes of Rooney, RvP and Kagawa exciting to watch, or you do, but think they don't play with flair and trickery?

That's harsh IMO. I'd say Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Rafael and Ando(on his days) are very exciting to watch in full flow.

I don't find any of them particularly exciting to watch like I do with an on-form Nani. Not to take anything away from their talents, but they just don't possess that flair, dribbling and unpredictability that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I think it's the ability to skin someone which is somewhat lacking in the other players.

Well if Nani goes we have to get Bale.. Only player that i could see make us get their with Madrid and Barca.. Hasn't got Nani's flair but pace is Ronaldo Kaka like.

We do. There just isn't that 'Buzz' around Old Trafford at the moment, like in years gone by. I don't feel that when any of our players are playing there's a real excitement just to watch them play.

I haven't been across yet this season but from what I've read the atmosphere this season has been better than in previous years. So it doesn't suggest people aren't excited by this team.

We do. There just isn't that 'Buzz' around Old Trafford at the moment, like in years gone by. I don't feel that when any of our players are playing there's a real excitement just to watch them play.

Nani's the best dribbler we have, agreed. But, the likes of RVP and Rooney are exciting to watch. If he leaves, we'l miss an outright dribbler though who can beat his man with silks.

Would like to know what promises he is on about. I assume the contract offered did not meet his expectations.

This is not a good situation, but one that none of us should be surprised with. It's been obvious for a while things were dodgy with Nani.

It's been coming for some time, so not much of a shock if he leaves in January.

Good winger, but we missed better players in the past, he's really replaceable. Maybe he needs a change to get to the level he won't ever achieve in United.

It's been coming for some time, so not much of a shock if he leaves in January.

Good winger, but replaceable. Maybe he needs a change to get to the level he won't ever achieve in United.

Can really see him stepping it up to another level if things go well for him. It'l be a shame to see him leave really but yeah, not surprising.

Would like to know what promises he is on about. I assume the contract offered did not meet his expectations.

This is not a good situation, but one that none of us should be surprised with. It's been obvious for a while things were dodgy with Nani.

I think the "broken promises" line is just becoming a new catch-all phrase when a player wants out or doesn't get the contract he feels he deserves. A way of making it look like you're not being a greedy bastard (though I have no idea if that's the case here).

A real shame. An even bigger shame we didn't get Hazard or Lucas.

Don't really rate that Rodriguez fella from the little I have seen of him. Isco is the only one available who'd be a great addition.

People saying Nani is easily replaceable, really don't appreciate just how good a player he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.