Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame things aren't working out behind the scenes. A class player and a kind of player we desperately lack. Noone else is a gifted dribbler in our whole squad.

Will be very disappointed if he goes. Yes he's an irritating tit at times but he is also very exciting and talented and one of our best players.

My scouse mate reckons he's better then Downing.

And that Downing would start for our 2nd XI
As a leftback.

Nani's long-term future at Old Trafford has been the subject of speculation in recent months after slipping down the pecking order in Sir Alex Ferguson's plans.

The Portugal international has started just five games so far this season with reports suggesting Juventus are leading the race to sign him in January.

The 25-year-old admits he is unsure of his future prospects, insisting his fate is out of his hands.

"Only God knows what awaits me," Nani told The Sun.

Nani also rejected suggestions that his fitness is the reason for him losing his spot in the starting XI.

"I am in perfect condition - I am physically good and feeling confident. I am the same Nani as always," he added.

He's off..

Must be a bit annoying not to be able to make your own decisions. If you think your local cell phone provider takes forever to get through to, God tends not to be any swifter - we might have Nani for at least five more years.

He has not been playing as if he's been confident during his admittedly limited playing time. Even for Portugal against Northern Ireland, he wasn't really anywhere near his top level. This is understandable given how little he's actually played, to be fair.

He has not been playing as if he's been confident during his admittedly limited playing time. Even for Portugal against Northern Ireland, he wasn't really anywhere near his top level. This is understandable given how little he's actually played, to be fair.

And he is unsettled. Big factor.

I keep blocking that part of the equation from my thinking. :lol: I've still not really come round to the idea that there is most likely a serious problem here and a decent chance of him leaving.

It's a strange one, but I just don't look forward to Nani playing, I don't trust that he will deliver, and it's a real shame because he has bags of ability, but just doesn't seem to produce much from it.

Over the years Nani has been brilliant at times and awful at times and not consistent game in game out. He is too selfish, imo, and too much diving, playacting and moaning. There are many times where I just wanted him to get on with it. I would not be sorry to see him go as long as we get someone else in his place. Preferrable a young player who can respond to coaching and develop.

Over the years Nani has been brilliant at times and awful at times and not consistent game in game out. He is too selfish, imo, and too much diving, playacting and moaning. There are many times where I just wanted him to get on with it. I would not be sorry to see him go as long as we get someone else in his place. Preferrable a young player who can respond to coaching and develop.

Meh, the way it looks it will be Wellbeck or Young on the left instead. downgrade imo

He's off as far as I'm concerned.
Could even be January!

I hope there is a plan for his replacement

Wayne Rooney?

Young has played less both this season and last.

Rooney is our first choice left winger? I'm not sure what you're going on about.

Nani is our best left winger. He is better there than Young who is also a left winger. Rooney is not a left winger.

Conclusion: Sell Nani, keep 2 inferior left wingers. This would be disappoint me.

Unless you're assuming we're going to play without wide men for the foreseeable future because we've played a diamond in a few games. I don't think that will be the case.

Valencia is not inferior to Nani.

Rooney is our first choice left winger? I'm not sure what you're going on about.

Nani is our best left winger. He is better there than Young who is also a left winger. Rooney is not a left winger.

Conclusion: Sell Nani, keep 2 inferior left wingers. This would be disappoint me.

Unless you're assuming we're going to play without wide men for the foreseeable future because we've played a diamond in a few games. I don't think that will be the case.

Rooney is being picked on the left. This is with Nani available, who you rightly mentioned is a much better left winger than Young and as I mentioned, gets more gametime than Young

Conclusion : Young has a lot more to be worried about than Nani

I really think there are lot of people here who don't watch united at all. Can you tell us when is the last time Nani actually dived?

Rooney is being picked on the left. This is with Nani available, who you rightly mentioned is a much better left winger than Young and as I mentioned, gets more gametime than Young

Conclusion : Young has a lot more to be worried about than Nani

What has this got to do Rooney being picked on the left? Are you a bit slow?

Or are you suggesting young will be off before Nani? Which won't happen this year

I think we are arguing the same point. Nani>Young>Rooney

Couple of interesting tweets.

One thing fo sure: he wants to leave #mufc. Thats why he said after Braga's match that he "knows why isn't playing more minutes'
Other thing. Nani's future no longer will be decided by Jorge Mendes. Not is agent anymore.

Many stories about the renewal with Manchester, but he doesn't want to renew. #mufc

Mendes and Ferguson have tried, but he does not want that. Already decided he wants to leave. #mufc

So Ferguson wants to renew his contract but he wants to leave our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.