Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's getting worked up?

You acted a cock and when you were pulled up on it your reaction isn't to hold you hands up, rather go on the offensive. Nice one.

I admitted it was a typo/error, well over half a page ago, stop crying.

I have been proved wrong, i never thought hernandez had it in him to play the way he did tonight and i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have been the only one so enough of the insults eh

Fair enough.

Something seriously not right with this Nani situation. Seems he is completely out of favour and he looks poor when he gets any game-time. Very disappointing, considering just how good a player it looked like he was going to become.

Thing is Fergie is still using him, even if not loads so I don't think he's being completely frozen out. He didn't have to bring him on in the second half as he had other options. I reckon Fergie is disappointed with him but he still recognizes his worth and we'll see more of him over the nex month. He might not be playing great but for me his performances have picked up, looks like he just needs a run of games atm. Other thing is he could be doing what Wenger is with Walcott and not involving him loads until he signs on.

Thing is Fergie is still using him, even if not loads so I don't think he's being completely frozen out. He didn't have to bring him on in the second half as he had other options. I reckon Fergie is disappointed with him but he still recognizes his worth and we'll see more of him over the nex month. He might not be playing great but for me his performances have picked up, looks like he just needs a run of games atm. Other thing is he could be doing what Wenger is with Walcott and not involving him loads until he signs on.

Yeah he hasn't been frozen out completely which can only be a positive sign. Something just seems odd about the whole situation. I didn't even think of the contract issue, it could well be playing some part.

Pity his shot just before we equalised didn't go in. He needs a goal or a very good display, to boost his confidence. If / when he finds some form, he could well be a vital player for us again.

Yeah he hasn't been frozen out completely which can only be a positive sign. Something just seems odd about the whole situation. I didn't even think of the contract issue, it could well be playing some part.

Pity his shot just before we equalised didn't go in. He needs a goal or a very good display, to boost his confidence. If / when he finds some form, he could well be a vital player for us again.

Yeah def, just needs a run of games for me. I reckon cause we have so many players fergie has been wanting to give others games. I'm hoping that we merge our formations to get a blend or both where I think nani could play a big role.

Something seriously not right with this Nani situation. Seems he is completely out of favour and he looks poor when he gets any game-time. Very disappointing, considering just how good a player it looked like he was going to become.

:eek: Did you miss the second half last night?

Calm down baby, have a piece of cheese.

It was hardly a big statement by Orton, many others (myself included) before the match felt that Nani should've been playing ahead of Hernandez as he would offer more in a 3 man system up front than him, which isn't exactly a bold statement because he generally would. It turns out Hernadnez ended up having a really good game, and we probably saw his best link up play... well ... ever at times.

To call people feckwits and make remarks like that because they said these things before the match even started is just childish.

The type of players SAF was looking to purchase is probably an indication he wants to move Nani on to a new club. He also needs to play him or his value goes down, and Nani needs to play well to prove he has a future here or get other clubs queuing.

The type of players SAF was looking to purchase is probably an indication he wants to move Nani on to a new club. He also needs to play him or his value goes down, and Nani needs to play well to prove he has a future here or get other clubs queuing.

It does seem that way. It appears that if he had gotten Hazard or Lucas things may have been different.

I don't get it myself, Nani isn't a player who can just come on at half time after not playing 2 games and suddenly become class again, he's based on confidence and SAF just isn't giving him the game time he needs. We saw glimpses last night of how good and talented he is, but his overall play and passing was poor and it just looked like he was nervous out there.

I mean seriously, he was our best player against Spurs, and SAF dropped him for the next game. Why?

I'm pretty certain it's the contract issue. SAF is obviously disappointed that Nani isn't signing the contract on offer and probably thinks he isn't worth more than that.

I'm sure if Nani were to sign a new contract tomorrow, the problems will go away.

I just posted this in the Anderson thread. I think Nani wants to stay and still has a passion for the club. It's not based on much but it's the impression I got.

I think he's quite pissed off at being on the bench and will probably look for a move if he doesn't break through properly this season. (Anderson)

Between him and Nani I think he looks less interested in staying. The difference in reaction to the goals said a lot yesterday. Both were on the bench and Nani was screaming and jumping when we scored and Anderson just sat there and clapped a few times, hardly even broke a smile.

I may be reading too much into it, but the contrast was staggering. He just looked like he couldn't give a shit that we scored, not saying he doesn't, just that he didn't look like he did.

Same for Young and Valencia then.

I thought he was decent yesterday. Quite a few sloppy passes admittedly, but linked up well with Cleverley and RVP. He showed good intelligence by playing quick one-touch passing with Cleverley and Rafael, created a good opportunity for RVP where he should have received the ball back and got a shot off, and also did take a good shot which forced the keeper into making a good save. Considering he hasn't played a lot of football recently, I'd be more concerned if he wasn't involved in the game, which can hardly be said for his performance last night.

The stage is set. He starts against Chelsea, plays a blinder, scores the winning goal 3 minutes from time, celebrates by running over to Fergie, lifts his top up and underneath is the message: "I'll sign tonight, boss."

He could do all of that and high five Sir Alex and some people on here would still claim we're selling him to "Italy" as they have done for years.

I'm pretty certain it's the contract issue. SAF is obviously disappointed that Nani isn't signing the contract on offer and probably thinks he isn't worth more than that.

I'm sure if Nani were to sign a new contract tomorrow, the problems will go away.

Thats how i see it too. He needs to sign the contract if he wants to play regularly.

I just posted this in the Anderson thread. I think Nani wants to stay and still has a passion for the club. It's not based on much but it's the impression I got.

I think he's quite pissed off at being on the bench and will probably look for a move if he doesn't break through properly this season. (Anderson)

Between him and Nani I think he looks less interested in staying. The difference in reaction to the goals said a lot yesterday. Both were on the bench and Nani was screaming and jumping when we scored and Anderson just sat there and clapped a few times, hardly even broke a smile.

I may be reading too much into it, but the contrast was staggering. He just looked like he couldn't give a shit that we scored, not saying he doesn't, just that he didn't look like he did.

And as I said in another thread, you lot are looking too much into it. He celebrated the 3rd goal. Are we really trying to glean something from an isolated incident? I would think his playing time would be more of a concern than how he's celebrating.

And as I said in another thread, you lot are looking too much into it. He celebrated the 3rd goal. Are we really trying to glean something from an isolated incident? I would think his playing time would be more of a concern than how he's celebrating.

No I even said in my post I may be reading too much into it. It was an isolated incident and I didn't see the reaction to the 3rd goal

It wasn't the face of a happy man though, wether that means he has had enough or he had a bad pastie supper for tea - who knows? He just didn't look happy.

I'd be happy enough if he gets a start at the weekend and gets some game time thereafter.

The stage is set. He starts against Chelsea, plays a blinder, scores the winning goal 3 minutes from time, celebrates by running over to Fergie, lifts his top up and underneath is the message: "I'll sign tonight, boss."

Better yet the contract is actually taped to Nani's chest. He does a back flip over Sir Alex, pulls out the contract mid-air, and presents it to him on landing. Nani's agent comes running over alarmed, only to be floored by Mike Phelan who folds his arms afterwards and gives Nani a nod of approval. Sir Alex let's out a hearty laugh and starts speaking to Nani in Portuguese as they leave the field together.

Better yet the contract is actually taped to Nani's chest. He does a back flip over Sir Alex, pulls out the contract mid-air, and presents it to him on landing. Nani's agent comes running over alarmed, only to be floored by Mike Phelan who folds his arms afterwards and gives Nani a nod of approval. Sir Alex let's out a hearty laugh and starts speaking to Nani in Portuguese as they leave the field together.

Yes. I think this would convey an appropriate sense of occasion.

No I even said in my post I may be reading too much into it. It was an isolated incident and I didn't see the reaction to the 3rd goal

It wasn't the face of a happy man though, wether that means he has had enough or he had a bad pastie supper for tea - who knows? He just didn't look happy.

I'd be happy enough if he gets a start at the weekend and gets some game time thereafter.

I just find it appalling to point it out though. There have been many other matches where players have done the exact same thing. FFS, even Giggsy does it at times. Admit it, the only reason you brought this up is because of Ando's playing time. We have more games to go and as Ando said in an interview, as long as he keeps his fitness up, he'll play. In my eyes, there's little to be worried about, let alone pick out.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Things keep going from bad to worse regarding Nani's situation at United.
Just please don't let "god" give you the same answer as he did Ronaldo, I'd be really saddened and pissed if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.