Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if you look at our interest in hazard and Lucas it looks like we were trying to get in another attacker who could only really come in for nani. I think fergie does recognise that nani brings a lot when on form, personally I think of he does leave we'd need to bring in a replacement as without him we lose quite a lot in the shape if our attack, maybe not straight away in January. Although thing is I can't see nani agreeing to go to a non champions league team and with him having played in it for us this year we'd likely be taking an even bigger hit on the transfer fee.

Fair point about our pursuits of Hazard and Lucas and I agree we need to bring in another versatile creative player if Nani goes. I'm not sure Nani will be as picky as that, he may well take a club that is competing to get into the CL as opposed to a dead cert.

The laughable mention in there is Jesus Navas, the rest are either better or very close to Nani's level (anyway they perform better for their respective clubs)

Fair point about our pursuits of Hazard and Lucas and I agree we need to bring in another versatile creative player if Nani goes. I'm not sure Nani will be as picky as that, he may well take a club that is competing to get into the CL as opposed to a dead cert.

Maybe I suppose if the cash is there. I've still got fingers crossed that they'll reconcile their problems though, he's not been completely frozen out like berba.

I still notice quite a few putting Nani in our starting line ups. Genuine question now - do these people believe Nani will be sold in the near future? I personally don't expect to see Nani in United colors anymore - maybe he'll make a cameo here and there once he returns from this "injury". I do apologize if I seem to sound like a broken record on this thread, but I'm just curious.

I still notice quite a few putting Nani in our starting line ups. Genuine question now - do these people believe Nani will be sold in the near future? I personally don't expect to see Nani in United colors anymore - maybe he'll make a cameo here and there once he returns from this "injury". I do apologize if I seem to sound like a broken record on this thread, but I'm just curious.
Why are you quoting his "injury" like it's some made up story?

Pedro is an odd one as a winger or wide man. I am not sure how he would work in the United set up. He hardly ever creates anything in the Barca one, his role is to stretch defenders via his movement and latch on to scoring chances. Really more of a forward than winger.

I can't make my mind up about Di Maria. One match I think he is WC, other meh. Him being a detestable cnut does not help as well.

If it's not blatantly obviously to even the most fickle of supporter that something isn't right...words escape. It would not surprise me if he was sold in January and replaced just as soon. Fergie would sooner trust tunnicliffe on the left in Europe and he is probably 5th choice on the left as we speak(behind Welbeck, Young, Kagawa and Rooney).

I really thought he had it nailed after getting poty but for whatever reason, we are speaking about this now. One can only hope that we invest in a proper replacement when Nani does leave.

If it's not blatantly obviously to even the most fickle of supporter that something isn't right...words escape. It would not surprise me if he was sold in January and replaced just as soon. Fergie would sooner trust tunnicliffe on the left in Europe and he is probably 5th choice on the left as we speak(behind Welbeck, Young, Kagawa and Rooney).

I really thought he had it nailed after getting poty but for whatever reason, we are speaking about this now. One can only hope that we invest in a proper replacement when Nani does leave.

The feck?

Why are you quoting his "injury" like it's some made up story?

He injured his hamstring on the pitch, was obvious for all to see.

Strange use of the "-"

I just find it ironic that he gets an injury even though I doubt Fergie would be picking him anyway. I just wouldn't be surprised if they say he's injured just so people can't say "Why is he not picking Nani?". I'm not saying United is faking the injury - but I just find it suspicious. He may have picked up an injury, but who's to say he hasn't recovered from it already. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time that a club says a player is injured but it actually turns out to be the case that they just don't want to play him. It's just a theory of mine since I'm convinced he's off - as I've stated several times already. Once again, I apologize for sounding like a broken record about it all.

It is unfortunate that our two wingers are having off-days at the moment, but I wouldn't say Fergie would be even slightly tempted to pick Nani if the player went against one of his principles, which I'm going to guess that he has.

As long as he leaves the PL, I won't mind much if he leaves. He's a glorious player to watch, but he's also one annoying, inconsistent player to watch as well. When it's not his day - it REALLY isn't his day.

I just find it ironic that he gets an injury even though I doubt Fergie would be picking him anyway.

He got injured in a match, it was obvious to anyone watching that he tweaked his hamstring.

And why wouldn't Fergie be picking him anyway? He was picking him before, he was pissed off with him after Chelsea and still played afterwards until he tweaked that hammy.

We all think he's off by the way, but that was the case before the injury and he was still in and around the squad. You're just trying to find a conspiracy theory.

I just find it ironic that he gets an injury even though I doubt Fergie would be picking him anyway. I just wouldn't be surprised if they say he's injured just so people can't say "Why is he not picking Nani?". I'm not saying United is faking the injury - but I just find it suspicious. He may have picked up an injury, but who's to say he hasn't recovered from it already. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time that a club says a player is injured but it actually turns out to be the case that they just don't want to play him. It's just a theory of mine since I'm convinced he's off - as I've stated several times already. Once again, I apologize for sounding like a broken record about it all.

It is unfortunate that our two wingers are having off-days at the moment, but I wouldn't say Fergie would be even slightly tempted to pick Nani if the player went against one of his principles, which I'm going to guess that he has.

As long as he leaves the PL, I won't mind much if he leaves. He's a glorious player to watch, but he's also one annoying, inconsistent player to watch as well. When it's not his day - it REALLY isn't his day.

Nani had an obvious limp at the statue unveiling on Thursday. There's no need for him to put it on, if anything he would try to hide it.

You say when it isn't his day it really isn't his day. That is more apt for our other wingers as when Nani is still poor and off form he can still send in a match winning cross or goal as he still tries and doesn't just go into hiding.

Complete nonsense this.

As you say, something isn't right, but before the injury Nani was still in and around the squad and will be again once he returns from injury.

I would not consider it nonsense at all. As I said on numerous occasions, Nani is a player that I would have playing week in-week out. He is a confidence player and when he gets a consistent run, he is blinding at times. I say all this in the knowledge That he is very much a frustrating little Porty.

At this moment in time, if Valencia is fit, he plays wide right. That means there is one spot left for Nani. If Welbeck is fit, he plays before NanI. As does Young. As will Kagawa. As much as I cringe to Say it....the man's days are numbered at OT and as I said earlier...would not surprise me if twas January.

I would not consider it nonsense at all.

Hmmm.... let's see what I said was "nonsense" as it's something you seem to skip over in the defence of your post.

Fergie would sooner trust tunnicliffe on the left in Europe

Complete nonsense this.

As you say, something isn't right, but before the injury Nani was still in and around the squad and will be again once he returns from injury.

As I said, nonsense.

Hmmm.... let's see what I said was "nonsense" as it's something you seem to skip over in the defence of your post.

As I said, nonsense.

Fantastic to see that sarcasm is alive and well here. Why would you even attempt to discuss that comment!? Skipping over that..I stand by everything I said and I don't think I am a million miles off.

Fantastic to see that sarcasm is alive and well here. Why would you even attempt to discuss that comment!? Skipping over that..I stand by everything I said and I don't think I am a million miles off.

Where was the sarcasm? there's not even a hint of it.

I discussed it because you make out as though Nani is now completely frozen out, and well, he got injured playing, we all saw that, and before then he was in and around the squad. I have no doubts that he'll be in and around the squad again once he gets back from injury. I mean, what has changed now?

Where was the sarcasm? there's not even a hint of it.

I discussed it because you make out as though Nani is now completely frozen out, and well, he got injured playing, we all saw that, and before then he was in and around the squad. I have no doubts that he'll be in and around the squad again once he gets back from injury. I mean, what has changed now?

Me suggesting that an untried and untested youth in Ryan Tunnicliffe being selected instead of Nani does not wreak of sarcasm!? Lol Get real and stop trying to impose your valiant post statistics against me.

As I said, I love Nani. I will happily take the bad with the good, however, when Fergie is openly saying he cost us a game...things do not be rosey ;-) Nani has not played well this season and even the blackest of fanboi can not argue this.

Me suggesting that an untried and untested youth in Ryan Tunnicliffe being selected instead of Nani does not wreak of sarcasm!? Lol.

Erm.... I love that you put a "lol" in there too.

Someone needs to look up the word sarcasm.

As I said, I love Nani. I will happily take the bad with the good, however, when Fergie is openly saying he cost us a game...things do not be rosey ;-) Nani has not played well this season and even the blackest of fanboi can not argue this.

Why do you keep mentioning this when we all agree? :lol:

A quick example of sarcasm that would've worked well for you in this situation:

"Oh yeah actually you're right, I'm sure Nani will start and be made captain upon his return"

A quick example of sarcasm that would've worked well for you in this situation:

"Oh yeah actually you're right, I'm sure Nani will start and be made captain upon his return"

Way to stand by your name anyway lol. Regardless of what you are trying to achieve, I am afraid to inform youtthat you are wrong. Please Google the definition of sarcasm. You'll find a great wiki links on it.

Now, if we could move on from the botched educational session and discuss football, the world will be a better place :D

Oh my God, I'm English ffs.

You do not understand sarcasm and I don't need to wiki link anything :lol:

Strange lad.

No my friend. I won't go to the hassle of defining the word strange, but, your comments are nothing short or brash and pointless. Why are you disputing such meaningless stuff? You saying that Nani will return as captain and me saying Tunnicliffe will get the nod instead of him are both from the same family. Wise up and drop the alpha-male shite. Honestly....

You saying that Nani will return as captain and me saying Tunnicliffe will get the nod instead of him are both from the same family.

No, they are not.

It's not alpha male of me, you made a point about Tunni and it fitted in with the rest of your post. I simply said it was nonsense, and after that you told me I missed the sarcasm. That's fine, but it's not alpha male of me to tell you that it was not sarcasm, I'm simply defending my reason for posting a reply.

Once again, it was not sarcasm. The sooner you understand that and move on, the better. Had you posted a true sarcastic comment, I wouldn't of replied, Cutch wouldn't have said "The feck?" and we'd all be agreeing on the fact that someone is wrong in camp Nani.

So leading back onto Nani, as you said, his days look numbered but I'm sure SAF will continue to use him once he returns from injury.

No, they are not.

It's not alpha male of me, you made a point about Tunni and it fitted in with the rest of you post. I simply said it was nonsense, and after that you told me I missed the sarcasm. That's fine, but it's not alpha male of me to tell you that it was not sarcasm, I'm simply defending my reason for posting a reply.

Once again, it was not sarcasm. The sooner you understand that and move on, the better.

Back onto Nani, as you said, his days look numbered but I'm sure SAF will continue to use him once he returns from injury.

Is that how things usually operate with you yes? What you say is rule?lol For the sake of disbanding this meaningless conversation we will settle at this. You do not consider my comment sarcasm, I do. End of.

In relation to he actual topic at hand, Nani will return and he is another option for us. Regardless of who says what, his days 'LOOK' numbered at United and 'I' would not be surprised to see him leave in January. Obviously he will get game time to keep some hype about him and to try preserve some valuation, but, he will be shipped on.

Stop de-railing threads with pointless, petty arguments IMR. Much appreciated.

Stop de-railing threads with pointless, petty arguments IMR. Much appreciated.

ah ha, blaming me again. Riiiiight.

I simply called Gaeilge out on a post REGARDING NANI, and he then claimed it was sarcastic, I think we can all agree it was not. It aint my fault he wanted to keep fecking arguing that.

So IMR...If you would care to entertain a conversation about the man in question, I will happily oblige. Injury or no injury, 358 minutes(3 starts) clocked up this season from 13 league games. He has come under serious criticism from his manager and is continuously being linked with an exit from United. His stock at OT has clearly diminished. This does not please me in the slightest but it is indeed a harsh reality. If we have a fully fit squad and everybody is available to pick from...I would not argue the possibility of him not making the subs bench.

So IMR...If you would care to entertain a conversation about the man in question

Well that was all I was trying to do since the start.

I will happily oblige. Injury or no injury, 358 minutes(3 starts) clocked up this season from 13 league games. He has come under serious criticism from his manager and is continuously being linked with an exit from United. His stock at OT has clearly diminished. This does not please me in the slightest but it is indeed a harsh reality. If we have a fully fit squad and everybody is available to pick from...I would not argue the possibility of him not making the subs bench.

I think I've made clear my stance on this. Nani was in and around the squad before the injury, he actually got injured starting a game after SAF lost his rag with him at the bridge.

I agree that his days look numbered and if Young and Valencia were in good form and Kagawa was fit, then maybe SAF would leave him out, but because of form. I just don't see what has changed now since the injury, the situation is exactly the same and therefore I see Nani back involved once he returns from injury and until he moves on.

Well that was all I was trying to do since the start.

I think I've made clear my stance on this. Nani was in and around the squad before the injury, he actually got injured starting a game after SAF lost his rag with him at the bridge.

I agree that his days look numbered and if Young and Valencia were in good form and Kagawa was fit, then maybe SAF would leave him out, but because of form. I just don't see what has changed now since the injury, the situation is exactly the same and therefore I see Nani back involved once he returns from injury and until he moves on.

I am not arguing that he would be isolated for anything other than form...quite the opposite. The fact that has undeniably changed the norm (the norm being 1 good game followed by one bad game)is that Nani has been quite poor in his play. This is ny reasoning behinD stating his situation should we have everybody available to select from.

I am not arguing that he would be isolated for anything other than form...quite the opposite. The fact that has undeniably changed the norm (the norm being 1 good game followed by one bad game)is that Nani has been quite poor in his play. This is ny reasoning behinD stating his situation should we have everybody available to select from.

Even if we have everyone available, Valencia and Young will have to seriously buck up their ideas in order to keep Nani out of the squad.

Right now they are both so poor that I'm certain Nani would've been given chances. He'd have started yesterday if fit imho.

Even if we have everyone available, Valencia and Young will have to seriously buck up their ideas in order to keep Nani out of the squad.

Right now they are both so poor that I'm certain Nani would've been given chances. He'd have started yesterday if fit imho.

Why would you think that though? I agree that Young and Tony Have been very poor of late but that would be complementing Nani considering how poor he has been. I get a slight hint of "Nani would get back in based on what he CAN do"? What you are also forgetting in all of this is Welbeck. He will be right there in the pecking order out left. As would Rooney to accommodate the likes of Kagawa in the hole. I wish the conversation wer e aiming at how fantastic Nani is playing.. .I really do. It is far from the truth though

Why would you think that though? I agree that Young and Tony Have been very poor of late but that would be complementing Nani considering how poor he has been. I get a slight hint of "Nani would get back in based on what he CAN do"? What you are also forgetting in all of this is Welbeck. He will be right there in the pecking order out left. As would Rooney to accommodate the likes of Kagawa in the hole. I wish the conversation wer e aiming at how fantastic Nani is playing.. .I really do. It is far from the truth though

Would you drop rooney if he was off form? Personally, I think it's in our interests to sort Nani out asap. You wouldn't drop Rooney, because you know what he can do. It has to be the same with Nani. On form, he's a first teamer. The truth is that people are more critical of Nani because they expect more from him then Young and Valencia. He'll only be appriciated once he's gone.

Would you drop rooney if he was off form?

Absolutely. What has that got to do with anything? In relation to Rooney at present, he is playing great. Look how ordinary we looked at Norwich without him. That being said..if he begins to creep into mediocrity then a brief stint on the bench may aid in his desire to improve. Unfortunately, the same can not be said about Nani this term.

To clarify...I do not not want him to go. I won't deny what is infront of me though

I don't really get what point you're trying to pursue here?

Nani was getting in squads before the injury, I don't see that anything has changed since then other than the fact that Young and Valencia have continued to play poorly. If anything, this makes more of a case for Nani being involved when he gets back.

If you don't agree with me then fine, but we'll just go round in circles with this. I think it'll be the same for Nani as it was before the injury, he won't be first choice but he'll get opportunities, for some reason unbeknown to me, you think something has changed since his injury and that he'll now be frozen out.

Status
Not open for further replies.