Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we topping the injured players table again ?

Doubt it. I think only Nani, Valencia, Kagawa and Vidic are definitely out for the weekend.

Pretty good for us.

Why would he say he's injured if he isn't? I don't get why people assume he's not injured and Fergie just wants rid. He's still been playing him in games when fit after all, and I'm sure he'd still like him as an option given our wingers form and Valencia being out too.

What possible logic lies behind the people thinking we'll sell him in January? Why would we weaken the squad like that, when we were unwilling to do so in the summer?

Nani's issues at the club have only two possible endings. He'll either sign a new contract this season or he'll be sold in the summer. End of story. As for people thinking we're pretending he's injured...jesus, there aren't any words.

What possible logic lies behind the people thinking we'll sell him in January? Why would we weaken the squad like that, when we were unwilling to do so in the summer?

Nani's issues at the club have only two possible endings. He'll either sign a new contract this season or he'll be sold in the summer. End of story. As for people thinking we're pretending he's injured...jesus, there aren't any words.

We could be bringing in a replacement for all we know.

I hope it's all bollocks anyway. He should be one of the first names on the team sheet week in week out.

Trying to get a better price for him? Once it goes to the last year we'll get a terrible price.

And if you believe what's in the media we were happy for him to go in the summer, but he couldn't agree terms with Zenit. No idea if that's true, obviously.

Trying to get a better price for him? Once it goes to the last year we'll get a terrible price.

And if you believe what's in the media we were happy for him to go in the summer, but he couldn't agree terms with Zenit. No idea if that's true, obviously.

It's pretty likely it was true I'd say. Wasn't the source re the wages from the Zenit chairman or something?

We very, very rarely make squad changes of any real note in January. If we'd got Hazard or Lucas in the summer it's probable that Nani would have left, but we won't sign anyone in January and we almost certainly won't sell anyone either. He either signs a contract before the summer or we sell him for 12-15 million.

Nah, only Nani, Valencia, Kagawa and Vidic injured just now.

That's quite some list of talent unavailable!

That we are top of league and comfortably into next round of Europe says a great deal about SAF getting the most out of our squad.

Yeah, he is limping around to fake it, to cover up that he is on his way out :wenger::lol:

Exactly. There's so much bollocks on the Caf about deceptions and lies to the media, as if Fergie's some sort of spymaster. Who honestly thinks he'll have said to Nani 'limp around all day, I'm going to tell them you're injured even though you're not, despite there being nothing really for me to gain from the deception'? :wenger:

I hope it's all bollocks anyway. He should be one of the first names on the team sheet week in week out.

That pretty much sums it up.

It will be a struggle to find another winger who can provide width when required and can also be involved in something like this:

I think the thing that we all know is that if Nani does leave, he'll go straight back to his devastating best, and will return to things like the Ballon d'Or longlist and teams of the year. Which will be more than a little annoying, especially if Ashley Young is who we have playing in his position.

I think the thing that we all know is that if Nani does leave, he'll go straight back to his devastating best, and will return to things like the Ballon d'Or longlist and teams of the year. Which will be more than a little annoying, especially if Ashley Young is who we have playing in his position.

Maybe he will be played in a system that suits him better. I know he has had good games as a winger, but for me he has still been largely inconsistent overall.

I think we could see a different player if he was given more of a chance as a wide forward. I think Young would probably benefit more from that type of role too.

Both are more inclined to be goalscorers than providers in my view, and i doubt we will ever see the best of either of them until we change to a system where they look more comfortable. Imo both could benefit from being played closer to the box than the touchline, where they can make a yard for a shot on goal, or play a one two and run in behind.

For me Nani and Young's best recent form coincided with the Clevs/Ando pairing of early last season. Where the midfield carried the ball much higher up the pitch and the attacking players were much closer together in and around the box.

Nah, he is obviously injured, he was limping at the ceremony, and Fergie is mentioning him in every press conference more then he mentions Vidic and Kagawa. He even moaned how our wingers now end up injured now when our defenders are fit.

Would not begrudge his departure one second, we've lost much better players and improved almost immediately after. Nani has never felt "United" for me anyway, now that Shinji is on his way back Nani will be facing a lot less playing time anyway. That said, I yet again reiterate my full support of him until the day he leaves.

Would not begrudge his departure one second, we've lost much better players and improved almost immediately after. Nani has never felt "United" for me anyway, now that Shinji is on his way back Nani will be facing a lot less playing time anyway. That said, I yet again reiterate my full support of him until the day he leaves.

It's a shame though if it happens, because the two of them would have suited each other brilliantly. They'd already shown signs of clicking.

Lots of people seem to want us to find a formation somewhere between the diamond the our traditional 442/4411. Imagine this front 6:

Carrick Cleverley/Anderson
Nani Kagawa Rooney
RVP​

Swap Rooney and Kagawa and that is the line up I want. In their fleeting appearances together Nani and Kagawa looked like they had a good understanding. I still hope we keep Nani, and if we are going to get rid of a winger, he certainly wouldn't be the one I'd get rid of.

Well at least Fergie hasn't forgotten about him. Sounds like he's still within his plans. Any replacement we buy in January will be cup-tied so he's most likely to go at the end of the season.

Nah, he is obviously injured, he was limping at the ceremony, and Fergie is mentioning him in every press conference more then he mentions Vidic and Kagawa. He even moaned how our wingers now end up injured now when our defenders are fit.

Good spot. I don't think he's fallen out of favour at all. Get him back to the second half of the season and he'll be a massive asset.

Chelsea wouldn't use him properly. He'd fit in very well at one of the big Spanish teams. Athletico spring to mind. Real too but I can't see them purchasing him. If he was to go I'd prefer it to be Spain than Italy.

Their were some rumors regarding PSG, also.

I forget what Nani looks like.

Nani.jpg

If football gods truly exist, this is what would happen:

1. Nani recovers from his hammy in time to get us through the festive season and helps lead us to another prem trophy and at least a CL semi appearance.
  2. Nani and United management agree to a new contract, keeping him at Old Trafford for the next 4-5 seasons.
  3. Nani hits -- and maintains -- peak form for 3-4 month runs during those 4-5 seasons.
  4. Nani retires someday as a United legend.
Despite my admiration for Bale, Nani in peak form blows away Bale, so the perfect world would have Nani get his head together and do for United what we all know he's capable of doing. And for many years.

He isn't injured.

This is the same thing that happened with Pogba.

Fergie's written him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.