Television Lost: The Final Season

Rightly or wrongly, it felt like from the very beginning viewers were watching to get answers to the big mysteries. It went on too long as it is, theres no way anyone would watch 15 seasons of that. That said i still loved it and am now in the mood to watch it from the very beginning.

Yeah definitely, if I really think about it I could get all disappointed with the ending all over again but over time I learnt to appreciate the show up to that point, with the caveat of not really getting comprehensive answers for everything. I wonder if it'd be worth it for a new viewer to not even watch the final series or episode.

Currently rewatching this for the third time, with other half who's never seen it. Loving Season 1.

The disappointment with the ending is mostly just due to the hype surrounding the show at the time. So many people were so invested in it and had been for 6/7 years. It was pretty much regarded as the best show ever at the time so everybody was expecting something epic and all the questions and mysteries to be answered etc. What we got was a 'nice' ending all about the characters. The show was only ever really about the characters so for me it worked. Keeping the questions unanswered was all part of being Lost.

Lost was like my first love when it comes to TV shows. Will always have an affinity for it. Some of the seasons got silly, yes but it was always about the characters and the early seasons were superb. The whole hatch thing was brilliant.

I liked the ending too, I enjoyed that they all got to be together at the end, however cheesy that is.

I was so invested in this show that I've struggled to find another show that's had me as hooked as Lost.

Lost was like my first love when it comes to TV shows. Will always have an affinity for it. Some of the seasons got silly, yes but it was always about the characters and the early seasons were superb. The whole hatch thing was brilliant.
I agree. This was season 2, right? That was by far the best season. The characters, the mystery, and the overarching themes the show was peddling at that point; the dichotomy between science - Jack - and faith - Locke - was Lost at its best. Plus, the introduction of Desmond, who was the best character in my eyes.

I think I began to lose interest in the show some way into S3. I wasn't really invested in the newer characters. Ben was good, but Juliet, and mostly everyone that followed after her, were pretty uninteresting. Losing Mr. Eko so suddenly was another big loss. Again, season 2. Then they got all weird with time travel and decided to offer explanation to mythology, but only some parts, and even then it was fairly hamfisted. At least Lindelof redeemed himself with the masterpiece that is The Leftovers.

I liked the ending too, I enjoyed that they all got to be together at the end, however cheesy that is.

This pretty much sums it up for me. The journey in itself was far more interesting than the end product.

I agree. This was season 2, right? That was by far the best season. The characters, the mystery, and the overarching themes the show was peddling at that point; the dichotomy between science - Jack - and faith - Locke - was Lost at its best. Plus, the introduction of Desmond, who was the best character in my eyes.

I think I began to lose interest in the show some way into S3. I wasn't really invested in the newer characters. Ben was good, but Juliet, and mostly everyone that followed after her, were pretty uninteresting. Losing Mr. Eko so suddenly was another big loss. Again, season 2. Then they got all weird with time travel and decided to offer explanation to mythology, but only some parts, and even then it was fairly hamfisted. At least Lindelof redeemed himself with the masterpiece that is The Leftovers.
Yes there were some really good episodes early on with strong philosophical alegories.

I might need to see it again, but I thought season 2 when they just focused on Sawyer, Kate and Jack got boring.

Charlies final scene was one of the saddest though. 'not Pennys boat' :(

For all the good and bad Lost did, I still think 'The Constant' is one of the best episodes of any TV show there has ever been.
The Desmond centred episode, yeah? I agree.

Off the top of my head the other ones that really stood out was the Richard centred episode, S3(?) finale - 'we have to go back!', and the S1 episode with the John Locke wheelchair reveal. I think that episode was what got me hooked into Lost.

The Desmond centred episode, yeah? I agree.

Off the top of my head the other ones that really stood out was the Richard centred episode, S3(?) finale - 'we have to go back!', and the S1 episode with the John Locke wheelchair reveal. I think that episode was what got me hooked into Lost.
That show really knew how to end episodes, with Deus Ex Machina's being my particular favourite.

"The Constant" was an incredible episode. Desmond was by far the best character of the show.

Just rewatched The Constant, incredible episode. Michael Giacciano is a fantastic composer.

For all the hate it gets for its latter seasons, Lost is a fantastic show really. It's one of the few I can rewatch every couple of years.

Just rewatched The Constant, incredible episode. Michael Giacciano is a fantastic composer.

For all the hate it gets for its latter seasons, Lost is a fantastic show really. It's one of the few I can rewatch every couple of years.

My all time favorite episode! For what it’s worth I thought the latter seaons were brilliant as well, I loved Faraday!

I watched LOST twice, once weekly and waiting for the new series like every other desperate cnut, and once all the way through, binging it in like 3 weeks or something daft...

I'm probably ready for another run through it, but I'm not ready to commit to that yet...

I watched season 2 episode 1-6 of lost on an ipod classic.

The episode called “the constant” is up there with the best episodes of any show, ever.

Hated jack right from the start.

Still goes down as my favourite tv show. Maybe because it was my first, but the concept of the show is great.
I'd love the idea of being stranded on an island for like a month with the intentions of surviving. I assume they do holidays like that :lol:

I watched LOST twice, once weekly and waiting for the new series like every other desperate cnut, and once all the way through, binging it in like 3 weeks or something daft...

I'm probably ready for another run through it, but I'm not ready to commit to that yet...

Yeah, I'll be doing a re-run in the summer I think. Last time I watched it was during the 2016 summer.

I watched season 2 episode 1-6 of lost on an ipod classic.

The episode called “the constant” is up there with the best episodes of any show, ever.

Hated jack right from the start.

Jesus! :lol:

"The Constant" was an incredible episode. Desmond was by far the best character of the show.
Totally agree, whenever I rewatch lost I always look forward to his episodes the most. Must be due a rewatch soon, probably watched it all 5 times not including when it was on TV

I've only watched season one a few million years ago. Should I give this a go then?

At the time i was bang on it, even ordered season 2 from America and hacked my dvd player so i could watch it here in the UK.

I tried rewatching it last year but i got bored and didn’t get past the first season. I like the idea of watching it again though so maybe one day. Its hard when you already know everything that’s happened to keep going.

Its been done to death in so many shows now, however, at the time the whole flash-forward element was a genuine game changer.

Planning on re-watching it this year for the 4th time. I’m so gonna cry like a baby at the end. Again.
The ending is the biggest let down ever. I love all the seasons but the last two episodes destroy the whole show. So yeah, I'm gonna cry too if I get there.

Nobody can praise this glorious show without the haters coming out from the woodwork. Aka the people not clever enough to fully appreciate it.

Not sure if this has been covered in the 100 pages before but...

Evangeline Lilly as Kate :drool: And Shannon and Claire weren’t bad either!