Loris Karius appreciation thread

And they have a perfectly fine forum there to make excuses for their loss, and I’m sure they have all sorts that pretend to have medical expertise to make excuses for their GK mistakes. They’ll love it there. Mind where you are, and where you’re posting. This is a Manchester United forum, and you carrying on about sympathy for Karius (which I agree with ... a bit) is not the place for this nonsense. They had a shocker, from his performance, to medical staff response if he was concussed, is sound.

You want a lot of sympathy? You should go their forum with this nonsense.
Ah, the good old your opinion isnt welcome here go somewhere else. Way to keep an open mind:nono:
This is a forum. Karius thread is in the football forum. Theres plenty of opposition fans on redcafe and a big part of what makes redcafe better then most other forums imo is because it's very open to all opinions as it should be. Yeah, at the end of the day it's a United forum, but theres more then enough space for reasonable discussions and laughing at them. Your post is more along the lines of what youd see at Rawk with their attitude. Dont swoop down to their level.

Even if he was seeing two Benzemas then it shouldn't matter since he's not supposed to pass to either of them

I know he's a Liverpool player, but I feel for the guy. Biggest game of his career going like that, guy is my age too & I can't imagine that kind of pressure. Sure, he's on crazy money etc, but he's still human. The fact that the Liverpool players just left him on his own & it was up to the Madrid players to console him was disgusting. You'll never walk alone, eh.

Reactions: Sultan
Ah, the good old your opinion isnt welcome here go somewhere else. Way to keep an open mind:nono:
This is a forum. Karius thread is in the football forum. Theres plenty of opposition fans on redcafe and a big part of what makes redcafe better then most other forums imo is because it's very open to all opinions as it should be. Yeah, at the end of the day it's a United forum, but theres more then enough space for reasonable discussions and laughing at them. Your post is more along the lines of what youd see at Rawk with their attitude. Dont swoop down to their level.
Fair, but this poster has been carrying on for hours now about Karius being concussed. So what if he was?

Certainly, Karius doesn’t deserve the stick he’s getting even if he wasn’t concussed.

But this is the same absolute bullshit Liverpool “always the victims” crap, and a week later they’ll make up some excuse or print up t-shirts in support of Luis Suarez or whatever the feck they come up with nonsense, and it needs to be called out.

Last edited:
We're arguing about not a lot here. All they've done is formalize & advance the idea that he got a bang on the head. Which we knew already, really.

The intrigue for me is why & how they happened upon this course of action.

Everything else is the same speculation as it was before really. How bad a bang on the head (might not matter) & did it affect him (take your pick)

I know he's a Liverpool player, but I feel for the guy. Biggest game of his career going like that, guy is my age too & I can't imagine that kind of pressure. Sure, he's on crazy money etc, but he's still human. The fact that the Liverpool players just left him on his own & it was up to the Madrid players to console him was disgusting. You'll never walk alone, eh.
This myth needs to die. Almost every single one of them did the usual "we win together we lose together" thing on social media after the game, everyone backed him and shared the blame for defeat. It is perfectly, 100% normal to take a few minutes for yourself right after the last whistle after a (probably devestating for most) CL final defeat.

On topic: I guess it's probably true, but it doesn't matter anymore nor will it change anything so let's just move on and take one thing away from the story, i.e. that head injuries need to be monitored and examined more carefully in football. I don't get the Ramos hate either, he is one of the biggest cnuts currently playing but he did nothing wrong in the whole final imo.

Personally I think it this is the best solution for all parties regardless of the truth.

It gives a great boost to Karius self-confidence as there is a scape-goat. We need to remember that he is 24 old young man who horribly blundered in the final. I don't think he will be parading this as an excuse in the long term. But it does miracles to him to have a benefit of the doubt.

It comes off a little pathetic though. There will be some who will never believe the concussion and it's ok by me. I'm very sceptical too.

But Ramos really did what ever it took to win the final. He is just a master at those dirty little tricks seizing the opportunity at both cases. Vvd did push but the elbow was just brilliant opportunism. The same with Salah case. Ramos didn't engineer those incidents but you can always count on him to make the most of them. Personally I don't like players like him who deliberately seek to hurt others. I prefer the guys who try to minimize the damage to opponents. As I still play football with my own feet I detest those feckers who kick at opponents feet in spite.

I wish someone would elbow him real good for all the shit he has given others so we all could see him rolling on the grass for real and not just simulating. Preferably season ending injury for the little prick. He certainly is due one.

Wow, starts off fairly reasonable, then by the end it’s ‘Burn the witch that is Ramos!’
Liverpool and Klopp seem to have this blame someone or something else habit and it really isn’t healthy.
We’ve had wind, the grass, an offside not given against United the previous season and now a dazed goalkeeper amongst others.
It’ll be aliens next.

This myth needs to die. Almost every single one of them did the usual "we win together we lose together" thing on social media after the game, everyone backed him and shared the blame for defeat. It is perfectly, 100% normal to take a few minutes for yourself right after the last whistle after a (probably devestating for most) CL final defeat.

On topic: I guess it's probably true, but it doesn't matter or change things so let's just move on and take one thing away from the story, i.e. that head injuries need to be monitored and examined more carefully in football. I don't get the Ramos hate either, he is one of the biggest cnuts currently playing but he did nothing wrong in the whole final imo.

:confused:

you're saying it's a myth because they tweeted something different?

That's like leaving your mate passed out in a ditch after a few drinks, but making it for it by changing your Facebook status to "No one gets left behind on a night out"

That's like leaving your mate passed out in a ditch after a few drinks, but making it for it by changing your Facebook status to "No one gets left behind on a night out"
That's probably the worst comparison I've ever read on here, which says a lot.

Not compared to yours! You're justifying poor behaviour with PR :lol:
So yeah, at least half the team should've run to Karius right after the final whistle to wipe out his tears, cause YAWN. That wouldn't have been cringeworthy, at all.

It's all Ramos the Evil's fault. Let's all light a candle and start a petition for Karius to be no 1 keeper again :drool:

I wonder why he went all the way to a private hospital in Massachusetts, of which John Henry is a Trustee when he has the one of the best neurological units in the world on his doorstep?
Cause in America you can get a doctor to say whatever you pay him to say. Remember the ‘healthiest president in history’ statement?

You'd have to be pretty guilable to believe this but gives a nice excuse to the lad so fair play to all involved.

Actually it’s better if he was concussed. Makes the comedic nature of the loss ‘safe’ to laugh at because you’re not actually ridiculing Karius himself and ruining the guys life. Even better, Liverpool lose both ways because they either have to keep him (he was rubbish even when not concussed), or they ship him out and victimise an innocent man. This stuff it Gold, I tell you, GOLD!!

lol.....this is comicial - all of a sudden he has concussion :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It’s a good excuse!
It then means Klopp must continue to play him next season. Klopp can’t axe him for incompetence, the concussion was responsible for the goals conceded.

Liverpool F.C. is comic relief.

Haha, I was foolishly about to respond to the scouser's drivel but then I read this and know I can't top it. Totally nailed it. Social media ffs :lol:

They would have probably lost either way. Its annoying to see Ramos repeatedly get away with things like this though.

If the diagnosis is based purely on history, I don't know how the doctor can reliably state that he had a concussion.

It's also based on them revising the game but had they also checked the rest of his season they might not think it was that rare (and a concussion) he had those two howlers.

If you suspect a concussion, why do you switch continents to get a diagnosis?

Karius went on holiday a few days after the CL final to California. Wouldn't make much sense to fly him back to England for a diagnosis when he's already in North America.

Fenway Sports are based in Boston and they own the Red Sox. I'd imagine that Mass General is a hospital that they know and trust and they've probably had numerous Sox players there over the years whenever they've suffered an injury (EDIT: Upon a bit of research it seems that a fair few of the Red Sox medical staff are based out of MGH which lends further support to my belief that Fenway know and trust MGH as a whole and therefore would want to send Karius there as he was on the continent.). For what it's worth, Mass Gen is a very highly repsected institution and its ranked as the fourth best hospital in the states so I think it's fair to say they know what they're doing when it comes to this sort of stuff.

It's an unfortunate situation that raises a lot of questions about concussion protocol in football. I think we need independent observes on the sidelines looking for signs of concussion because Karius shouldn't have been allowed to stay on the field with a head injury. People often go on about the NFLs appalling track record with managing concussions but our way of dealing with them seems very bad also.

It's really about time we moved into the modern age and started taking concussions as seriously as they should be because it's not fair on the players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akshay
I wonder why he went all the way to a private hospital in Massachusetts, of which John Henry is a Trustee when he has the one of the best neurological units in the world on his doorstep?

Yeah odd that.

Biggest crock of shit I've seen. He wasnt concussed and it's total lies.

:lol:

You are right. No one went near him at the final whistle. Just because they pushed on social media later, likely when they have been told to do so, means nothing.

On topic: I guess it's probably true, but it doesn't matter anymore nor will it change anything so let's just move on and take one thing away from the story, i.e. that head injuries need to be monitored and examined more carefully in football. I don't get the Ramos hate either, he is one of the biggest cnuts currently playing but he did nothing wrong in the whole final imo.
I think that if a team would properly have that mentality they would show it on the pitch. If you're actually going to put this "win together, lose together" thing to the test then from the outside it certainly looks like they failed that test.

I'm willing to bet anything that a good portion of the Liverpool players are going into the WC or summer vacation resenting Karius for his performance. A nice little PR stunt won't change that. I'd be surprised if he's in goal next season.

And this is all that's needed in order to take your position not too seriously. Sorry if that sounds harsh. But if this is your understanding of brain injuries or concussions, its not worth to go any further. You can have a severe concussion without anyone, including oneself, noticing it.

Or perhaps his representatives have rushed him to some friendly doctors with a concussion story to try to minimise the damage to his reputation.

Just a thought.

Saving private Karius from his own demons, social media nutters and Klopp’s inability to buy goalkeepers? Well done. Same closing ranks stunt was deployed to save private Oliver’s reputation as a referee from big bully Buffon’s death sentence, with incompetent Collina escaping unscathed. It’s same old Colosseo for the masses, then.

Karius collided with Real defender Sergio Ramos early in the second half of the final - when the score was goalless - although doctors have not pinpointed the moment he was concussed.

So Ramos took out the goalie, too? What a guy.
Actually, Ramos collided with Karius after he was pushed by VVD, so it was all his fault.

He is shite. End of. So much excuses for inability to score and gobshite GK's performanced in final.
That’s the thing though, he was actually pretty good for the most part over the last few months of the season. He’d calmed down a bit when Van Dijk came in. Everyone’s using this one game to judge his entire season.

He can’t recover from that game now though so it doesn’t matter.

Shouldn't a concussion test be done immediately or at least as soon as the injury occurred? a week after seems a long time. Unless they did the test after the CL final and the reports came just in then it would make sense. if he tested recently then there is a gap from may 26th to when the test happened. Anything could have happened during this time which may or may not be part of ramos's elbow!

Shouldn't a concussion test be done immediately or at least as soon as the injury occurred? a week after seems a long time. Unless they did the test after the CL final and the reports came just in then it would make sense. if he tested recently then there is a gap from may 26th to when the test happened. Anything could have happened during this time which may or may not be part of ramos's elbow!

They did the test on 31st March. I think the final was on 27th, doctors looked at the test results and matched it with the video the elbow and concluded the concussion was from the elbow.