Looks like Tuchel turned us down, not the other way around according to BILD

Doubt they go back after he turned us down
We've also bought a big money centre back he didn't really fancy at Bayern.
Hasn’t this myth been put to bed? Didn’t De Ligt start in like 14 out of 16 games for Tuchel when he was fit?

Doubt they go back after he turned us down
We've also bought a big money centre back he didn't really fancy at Bayern.
He clearly didnt turn us down if hes got his agent twerking for the job for the past couple of weeks

Hasn’t this myth been put to bed? Didn’t De Ligt start in like 14 out of 16 games for Tuchel when he was fit?
My understanding is that Tuchel wanted Kim and Upamecano to be his first choice defenders, but De Ligt outperformed them so still played and started plenty of games. It does indicate that Tuchel probably would want to upgrade in an ideal world, but I doubt it'd be a high priority compared to other areas of the team.

I remember we had a similar situation with Smalling under Mourinho. Every season Jose tried to replace Smalling as 1st choice but the players he bought in simply weren't as good, so Smalling inevitably fought his back into the starting line-up. Interestingly they also ended up together again at Roma and I don't think Mourinho tried to replace him there (not that I keep track of them so perhaps he did).

Looks like it hasn't worked unfortunately
Don’t be so fast. There will be a manager change but it won’t happen until they have secured the next manager

Didn’t see that coming. Him as England manager. Should get the best out of our squad

Most of Redcafe were saying Flick would be a disaster. Seems to be doing well at Barca. I don’t have a clue why the same is said about Allegri.

Allegri had Juve playing some chronic football. I, for whatever reason, watched some of their games and he made Jose's tactics look exciting. They were by far the best team on paper, yet they were defending for their lives against much worse teams.

Most of Redcafe were saying Flick would be a disaster. Seems to be doing well at Barca. I don’t have a clue why the same is said about Allegri.
Who said Flick would have been a disaster? He is much more of a progressive coach than Allegri and would have taken him here in a heartbeat to replace this dickhead.

We need to be in for him. I dont see a better manager available currently and in summer.

We are dithering again, which is a mistake.

We need to be in for him. I dont see a better manager available currently and in summer.

We are dithering again, which is a mistake.
I can see why Ineos, who constantly champion the slow and steady approach, are hesitant to appoint a short term manager like Tuchel. He seems to fall out with the board wherever he goes, and lasts about 2 years on average.

Rumours of him negotiating for the England spot, from a journalist from "bild_sport". Christian Falk (@cfbayern).

"Thomas Tuchel is negotiating for the position as national coach of England"

I find it hard to believe he turned us down, how can he not see how low of a standard our fans are willing to accept under ten hag and not think think it would by cushy job to take on.

Rumours of him negotiating for the England spot, from a journalist from "bild_sport". Christian Falk (@cfbayern).

Would England really take a German coach?

England kind of makes sense for him in the short term, only two years till the world cup. He's a very good tournament manager as well and a decent run or a win would help put him in the mix for the top club jobs

Who said Flick would have been a disaster? He is much more of a progressive coach than Allegri and would have taken him here in a heartbeat to replace this dickhead.
Think it had something to do with the Germany documentary. Many here thought he was useless.

Do you think he’d be a good match for our current squad? Would it require us selling a good chunk of them first?
We must move from that nonsense idea how every manager needs "his" team. Tuchel is a coach who is ideal for that. Also, our team is very similiar to Chelsea's team when he was there.

I think he would fit perfectly here.

Flick won the treble with Bayern while playing fantastic football, why would he have been a disaster? His risk was just he's a bit of a purist and sometimes fails to get the balance right and it has to go his way.

Allegri is probably the biggest football terrorism culprit that exists these days...

I wonder if this is a negotiating tactic by his agent to put the pressure on ineos or there’s actual interest.

Hoping against hope that the FA will force United's hand. We need to get rid of the Dutch Martinez who is a bluffer and thinks one game or a short spell wipes out months and months of rubbish.

Don't think Tuchel simply turned us down...it's a well known media fact that when it comes to United we are always 'snubbed'

Flick won the treble with Bayern while playing fantastic football, why would he have been a disaster? His risk was just he's a bit of a purist and sometimes fails to get the balance right and it has to go his way.
You could the same about Tuchel. Is that a German thing?

Be very surprised if the FA dig deep enough in their pockets for Tuchel. He will likely want about 3 times more than they were paying Southgate.

Be very surprised if the FA dig deep enough in their pockets for Tuchel. He will likely want about 3 times more than they were paying Southgate.
Southgate was on (ridiculous) £5m per year ….can imagine Tuchel excepting £8m

Southgate was on (ridiculous) £5m per year ….can imagine Tuchel excepting £8m
He had 12 mil in Bayern. And (if he is really our target) he knows that he can demand even 15 mil.
So, no way he would except anything bellow 12 mil.

He had 12 mil in Bayern. And (if he is really our target) he knows that he can demand even 15 mil.
So, no way he would except anything bellow 12 mil.
Big club salaries almost always pay more than National team salaries, if it were Utd for instance he would probably want £10 - £12m initially ….can’t imagine him expecting that kind of money to manage England.

The idea he wouldnt take the United job is preposterous. Every top manager's ego is so big they think they can turn the ship around. If the money is right, he'll come.