Looks like Tuchel turned us down, not the other way around according to BILD

What's hilarious is Goldshite claiming there's no way Tuchel could have turned the United job down for England.
He made clear in his press conference that he wanted to return to work in England, which has been something mentioned in the press. Ornstein mentioned that he withdrew interest in the United job in the summer (though perhaps this was because he'd rather say no thanks before being rejected) but it seems pretty clear that if he was prior to him being offered the England job he would have been very interested.

If we really wanted Tuchel, I have no doubt he would be our manager.

He made clear in his press conference that he wanted to return to work in England, which has been something mentioned in the press. Ornstein mentioned that he withdrew interest in the United job in the summer (though perhaps this was because he'd rather say no thanks before being rejected) but it seems pretty clear that if he was prior to him being offered the England job he would have been very interested.

If we really wanted Tuchel, I have no doubt he would be our manager.

We'll never know the real truth of who turned down whom, but it is not hard to imagine an A list manager turning United down for any number of reasons, given the current state of the club. And the England job offers a chance to make history in a way that's beyond the reach of United in the foreseeable future.

A semi reliable journalist told me Tuchel met with the FA a few days after Southgate announced he was leaving.

Allegedly, he said he wanted time away from football but would be eventually open to an international job. Hence England appointing Carsley as caretaker.

I think there's also every chance he's Chelsea manager again after the World Cup in time for the 26/27 season.

It’s more amusing people listen to him and take his views as some kind of authority on United.

I check in for 1-2 minutes, sometimes put in a snarky comment to the effect that he's full of shit, then log off. But what's interesting is that most of the reader comments are about how full of shit he is. I hope no one is actually paying him money to be a "member" of his daily shitfest.