Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes
He won't cost more than 50m euros, very much doubt that
What's this top level you've seen Martinez perform at, the Dutch league or a few Champions league games.
Mind you Donny did well in a few champions league games at Ajax too.
At United he doesn't even get on the ball.

What's this top level you've seen Martinez perform at, the Dutch league or a few Champions league games.
Because he never played and when he was he was used incorrectly. He will either flourish under ETH or prove the premier league isn't for him.

Kind of excited by this prospect as none of our centre backs covered themselves in glory last season.

Other than possibly De Gea, there will be absolutely no excuse for not playing out from the back with our defensive line who are all naturally pretty good on the ball

Rebuild or not, if we bid above 50m we did not learn anything from past few seasons.
When Ole started, it was agenda to buy PL proven players and now it seems to be Dutch league proven players. Once people knew this is what we want, we are charged premium, as most of the time we dont have backup options and we dont backoff buying ( except for Sancho). I guess it is better to hijack deals like we did for Malacia , imagine if we bid first for Malacia price would definitely have been above 20M.

50M for a defender is really high unless he is exceptional in the class of VVD,Vidic. I hope Martinez is that exceptional player.

Because he never played and when he was he was used incorrectly. He will either flourish under ETH or prove the premier league isn't for him.
The myth that Donny never plays.....Amad showed more in fewer mins.

So in the live twitter feed, one tweet said that our scouting department recommended we go for pau torres but ETH, disregarded that and said he wants martinez. Make of that what you will.

Are you sure about that :) If we sign Eriksen and De Jong, we will Bruno, De jong, eriksen and VDB fighting for two spots. If we dont sign De Jong he might have a chance.

So in the live twitter feed, one tweet said that our scouting department recommended we go for pau torres but ETH, disregarded that and said he wants martinez. Make of that what you will.
Maybe there is a bit of signing players he knows and trust to isolate any potential troublemakers. The more players he has who will back him, the less willing ears there are for the moaners.

Are you sure about that :) If we sign Eriksen and De Jong, we will Bruno, De jong, eriksen and VDB fighting for two spots. If we dont sign De Jong he might have a chance.
It all really depends on what system he intends to use and how long we stay in competitions this year but I suspect he'll get his opportunities.

I applaud Ajax for sticking to it's guns. Said all along that Ajax did not want to sell and with a 3 year contract Ajax doesn't have to move much. However I would have understood if Ajax had accepted this offer. Ajax wanted 50m guaranteed at least, this offer according to Verweij was €45m + 5m. But seems like Ajax do want to stick to it's asking price, which does make sense considering Ajax never wanted to sell.

Nevertheless I still think this is a matter of time. United make one more increased bid and Ajax will accept. I feel like this is too close for the deal to break.

Ajax sold Donny for 34m. Make of that what you will.

Daley Blind has displayed more ability and agility on the ball than Maguire in a United shirt. Make of that what you will.

Ajax sold Donny for 34m. Make of that what you will.

Daley Blind has displayed more ability and agility on the ball than Maguire in a United shirt. Make of that what you will.
And Blind didn't cost €50m

I applaud Ajax for sticking to it's guns. Said all along that Ajax did not want to sell and with a 3 year contract Ajax doesn't have to move much. However I would have understood if Ajax had accepted this offer. Ajax wanted 50m guaranteed at least, this offer according to Verweij was €45m + 5m. But seems like Ajax do want to stick to it's asking price, which does make sense considering Ajax never wanted to sell.

Nevertheless I still think this is a matter of time. United make one more increased bid and Ajax will accept. I feel like this is too close for the deal to break.
Ajax refused to sell Neres, a Chinese club bid 50 million for Neres and a season later his value plummeted and was sold for a mesley 15 million.

They really don't learn, whilst it wasn't a set 50 million for Martinez it was 45+ 5 million in incredibly easy achievable add ons and if United walk away they could end up regretting it.

Ajax refused to sell Neres, a Chinese club bid 50 million for Neres and a season later his value plummeted and was sold for a mesley 15 million.

They really don't learn, whilst it wasn't a set 50 million for Martinez it was 45+ 5 million in incredibly easy achievable add ons and if United walk away they could end up regretting it.
It's people like you don't learn. Clubs won't magically lower their asking price because United wants a player. Because PL it's so much better than Eredivisie so price must go down :lol:
Ajax has more than enough money and can risk a situation like Neres.

Why are we not scums like Barca and Madrid? We should start tapping up players and do scummy shit to pressure the selling club. Ask Martinez to go on a strike or something. I'm only half joking btw.

Nothing really special about this lad, can someone tell me why we are willing to blow £43m on him?

It's people like you don't learn. Clubs won't magically lower their asking price because United wants a player. Because PL it's so much better than Eredivisie so price must go down :lol:
Ajax has more than enough money and can risk a situation like Neres.
It didn't go down though did it... 45+5=50 can you not do simple maths?

I consider signing a player from the Dutch league a great risk considering Depay, Donny, Davinson Sanchez, Jansen, Klasen, Berguis were stars in this league in recent time.
The gap in quality is huge and not worth it if you're paying premium prices.

We better start looking at other market before we're scrapping around on deadline day.
We haven’t seen the best of Donny yet.

i could list as many British players that have failed in the country or Portuguese players. The fact they are coming from NL means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It’s up to the coach to get the best out of them

It didn't go down though did it... 45+5=50 can you not do simple maths?
It still isn't enough. Ajax is asking 50 upfront and then possible add ons. Not 45+add ons. This has always been the case and nothing has changed. So i can't do maths and you can't read, let's call it even.

It still isn't enough. Ajax is asking 50 upfront and then possible add ons. Not 45+add ons. This has always been the case and nothing has changed. So i can't do maths and you can't read, let's call it even.
If you say so ;)

I do agree to an extent. Alhtough Neres never was player of the year for us. Nevertheless, as a defender Martinez needs to have another great season to retain a value around 50m. Don't forget Newcastle paid 40m euro's for Sven Botman, who had to leave Ajax because he was the third LCV behind Martinez and Blind. In that comparison, 50m for Martinez is not crazy at all. It's even quite cheap. Ajax have obviously also seen that transferfee.

Nevertheless I don't believe Ajax will push for much more. I don't think Man United will walk away, otherwise they would have done so earlier. Ten Hag really wants to get 1 or 2 players in that he completely trusts. That's obvious. That's why United are still in for FdJ and still in for Martinez. But as Ajax's price has been almost met, I can't see the deal falling through anymore. United will offer a few million more and then it's done.

If you say so ;)
It's not me that is saying that. This has been the asking price since the rumours started. €50-60 million with 50 being the absolute lowest fixed price.

Why are we not scums like Barca and Madrid? We should start tapping up players and do scummy shit to pressure the selling club. Ask Martinez to go on a strike or something. I'm only half joking btw.
Half agree with this. Why not? May as well go bankrupt as well. We'll still be able to sign 5 to 6 players no questions asked right?

I do agree to an extent. Alhtough Neres never was player of the year for us. Nevertheless, as a defender Martinez needs to have another great season to retain a value around 50m. Don't forget Newcastle paid 40m euro's for Sven Botman, who had to leave Ajax because he was the third LCV behind Martinez and Blind. In that comparison, 50m for Martinez is not crazy at all. It's even quite cheap. Ajax have obviously also seen that transferfee.

Nevertheless I don't believe Ajax will push for much more. I don't think Man United will walk away, otherwise they would have done so earlier. Ten Hag really wants to get 1 or 2 players in that he completely trusts. That's obvious. That's why United are still in for FdJ and still in for Martinez. But as Ajax's price has been almost met, I can't see the deal falling through anymore. United will offer a few million more and then it's done.
Just feel Ajax are being a little picky here had this been Bayern they'd of bent over and sold him for 35 million.

Then the added ETH risks fracturing his relationship if he pursues more Ajax players when we haven't signed one yet :lol:

Neres was a prime example of the huge risk you take and I'm suprised to see Ajax willing to take it again.

Well Ben White went for 50m, so I guess Ajax can ask similar for him.

Just feel Ajax are being a little picky here had this been Bayern they'd of bent over and sold him for 35 million.

Then the added ETH risks fracturing his relationship if he pursues more Ajax players when we haven't signed one yet :lol:

Neres was a prime example of the huge risk you take and I'm suprised to see Ajax willing to take it again.
Dear god, do you even think before you post? Ajax didn't bend over for Bayern. Gravenberch had only a year left on his contract.

We haven’t seen the best of Donny yet.

i could list as many British players that have failed in the country or Portuguese players. The fact they are coming from NL means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It’s up to the coach to get the best out of them
The league matters, because the level of each league is different, you can know the conversation rate of successful players moving from one league to another, there are more success stories from Portuguese, French, Spanish, German league into the EPL than there are from Dutch league.
The last out and out success was Suarez.
I can't think of any other who turned out "great".
How many great signings since then from other leagues.

The league matters, because the level of each league is different, you can know the conversation rate of successful players moving from one league to another, there are more success stories from Portuguese, French, Spanish, German league into the EPL than there are from Dutch league.
The last out and out success was Suarez.
I can't think of any other who turned out "great".
How many great signings since then from other leagues.
Well Stam and Ruud for a start no?
Overmars for arsenal
Kuyt for Liverpool
Etc

there have been many failures from other countries not just Dutch

Bit disingenuous. He’s obviously got great ability on the ball for a defender.

So we heard with Maguire, I've watch the YouTube videos, if that the only reason we want him then we're going to be begging for clubs to take him. In a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.