Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't remember other than Ben White (as a starter) Edu paid that kind of money for defense. I would say Edu probably already gave up on Martinez and moved on to cheaper option like Grimaldo for 8m. That is just my guess. Arsenal's main issue last season is Big Chance created(rank 17)and scoring goals. so it is better spend money to improve those areas.

Premier League Club Stats - Big Chances Created

But if Arteta give up on Tierney then it is another story.
Interesting, you guys sure seem to be backing him in the market.
But yeah as you said it yourself, it depends in if he trusts Tierney or not.

1/3 of what he’s been offered.
:wenger:

I would've gone with stilts or Cuban heels!
2-3 million probably.
I wonder why we'd triple his wage, unless it's because Arsenal are offering something in that ballpark? Incentivising with bonuses plus double might've been a worthwhile carrot, he says. Just wonder why we'd boost high so readily, especially so when we're supposedly moving away from that model.

We’ll have to agree to disagree because I think Maguire is comfortably better than Martinez.
At times he barely resembled a footballer last season. He's defintely not a better player currently. If he returns to form, sure, we may argue about that. Given his fragile mentality I highly doubt that.
Also, ten Hag's defenders should be very comfortable on the ball and play a VERY high line. In that system, you may put a cone at the center of the pitch and will probably be better than him. He would be eaten.

The more I think about it, the more I think ETH is starting with a three at the back until he acclimates to the league.

This guy already knows the plan, Maguire/Varane/Lindelof gonna have to pick it up,

I think the gaffer wants him on the tour asap.

And to be honest, we should be making decent offers to get the job done.

I’m sure you’ll find it less funny when Martinez is being manhandled by Premier League strikers.
The daftness of comparing international games to club competition was amusing enough.

Martinez isn't some weak player, by the way

GF4FTa2.png

Told you guys this would get sorted this week. Ajax will accept this, they'd be crazy to refuse.

Maguire has been outstanding in two international tournaments. What the feck has Martinez done in his career?
My goodness me. You’ve had a shocker with that comeback. :lol: He’s literally won a lot more than Maguire at club level and international level.

Ah shit you got me there. I’ll pack my bags and get outta here.

I’m sure you’ll find it less funny when Martinez is being manhandled by Premier League strikers.
Blind is far less physical than Martinez and is arguably the best CB we've had post Sir Alex (definitely formed the best partnership with Smalling). Almost like defending in football is a team thing and has a lot more to it than just being tall. If you're aggressive, smart, agile, you can easily get away with being shorter. Up to the coach to accomodate.

What is there to discuss? That's the asking price Ajax set, United have agreed to pay it. This one is done.
Ajax wanted €50m guaranteed (and possibly some add ons). Nevertheless it's clear this deal is a matter of time. Whether this deal will be accepted or not probably depends on how much of that 50m is set price and which amount is on add-on terms. With Ajax initially opting for €50m guaranteed, I can see Ajax turning this one down if the basic fee is below €45m.

In any scenario it will eventually lead to a deal. Only way Martinez isn't off to United is if Arsenal suddenly comes in with a €55m offer or something. Can't really see that one happening though.

Though I love Martinez, and I am usually a fan Maguire. Different league, and different teams. All you can really say from this is that Martinez is better on the ball, and everyone knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.