Music Linkin Park - Top 5

I've revised my opinion. Probably being very harsh to base a judgement on one livestream performance which was Armstrong's first time performing the songs live.

Also I quite like the new song. Its better than anything off their last couple of albums.

I've watched that teaser video (or whatever you would call it) where she first sang with LP and she sounded decent. I was slightly impressed even. She sounded horrible live (to my ears) in the From Zero videos so far. I couldn't finish any of the songs I wanted to listen to.

She's definitely not the best singer they could have got.

She can't sing the older songs.

I mean almost all singers sound like a goose during live music. It doesn't help that now we have so much techmology to make subpar voice into a superb voice.

Who would have people chosen instead of her? People always say there is better but never name names.

There are better singers but not every singer is going to join Linkin Park.

Who would have people chosen instead of her? People always say there is better but never name names.

Well the rumours before the official announcement was Deryck Whibley (meh), Lizzy Hale (would've been ok with this, I like Halestorm), and Bobby Amaru from Saliva (haven't listened to anything by them in years so I don't really have an opinion on him).

Going back to the topic of top 5 songs, Reanimated album is really underrated here.

1. Crawling
2. Cure for an Itch
3. Crawling (Reanimated)
4. Part of Me
5. Breaking the Habit

Didn't realize how difficult it was to come up with a top 5 list, didn't like their stuff past Minutes to Midnight but some really enjoyable songs before then.

Last edited:
Top five it is:

Somewhere I Belong
Lying From You
Crawling
Figure 09
Pushing Me Away

I think about five tracks on Hybrid Theory are great wheras pretty much every track on Meteora is great (except Faint and Hit The Floor).

Last edited:
They definitely changed with Minutes to Midnight, but on subsequent listens I actually think some of their best stuff (for me) is from after that style change.
Yeah, it's not so much that they weren't good, it's that there's a lot of music that is a lot better in the genres they explored after the first two records. In nu-metal, however, they're among the very best.

The Somebody I used to know cover has no business being that good

It’s fecking insane. Had they recorded that in their pomp, in absence of it being a known cover, and with proper production… tune. One of their biggest ever. Dials up the angst to the point of rage. Kimbra vocals section gentle enough until it builds. Clashy guitar great. Vocal overlays are all good.

AI is so back.

One Step Closer
A Place For My Head
Given Up
And One
Bleed it Out

By Myself

I think where we're all missing the point as well is Armstrong is there more for the new music and to give them something different. They have to play the old stuff live obviously but she isn't there as a tribute to Chester so it isn't going to be the same.

If they'd just got someone who sounds as much like Chester as possible, that would have been, well...weird, and possibly slightly disrespectful.

There's some really good LP tribute bands if people are more interested in wanting a live show that just sounds like old Linkin Park. I mean genuinely really good even though I'm not a fan of tribute acts.

Amazing vocal here, wonder why this song never made Hybrid Theory. At least on the B side with the likes of My December.

Another banger of a vocal performance here, on NIN's Wish.

The "fist feck" hits so hard.

If they were going to get a new singer with a problematic past they should have got Tillian now hes left Dance Gavin Dance

Amazing vocal here, wonder why this song never made Hybrid Theory. At least on the B side with the likes of My December.

Another banger of a vocal performance here, on NIN's Wish.

It was written a while before Hybrid Theory I think. Pretty sure it was on an EP they released prior along with a few other songs I liked.

Most if not all of it then re-appeared with the Hybrid Theory anniversary edition. My December I think (could be wrong) was written after.

Also forgot about this NIN cover. Chester really makes it work

She sounds very good, to be fair

She'll be fine on the new songs I reckon. She can put her own stamp on them.

The older stuff people will forever either be bemoaning that she doesn't sing it the same as Chester or criticising her for trying to sing it too much like Chester. She can't win. Others will just enjoy having the chance to hear it live again hopefully.

She's never going to be as good as Chester at singing songs that were written when Chester was the singer and also helping to write the songs specifically to suit how he wanted to sing them. Its pretty dumb to hold her to that expectation, but the internet gonna internet.

She'll be fine on the new songs I reckon. She can put her own stamp on them.

The older stuff people will forever either be bemoaning that she doesn't sing it the same as Chester or criticising her for trying to sing it too much like Chester
. She can't win. Others will just enjoy having the chance to hear it live again hopefully.

She's never going to be as good as Chester at singing songs that were written when Chester was the singer and also helping to write the songs specifically to suit how he wanted to sing them. Its pretty dumb to hold her to that expectation.
I get that, some of the older songs can't be separated from Chester and probably shouldn't be either.

She can definitely make the new stuff her own though and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the new album