Music Linkin Park - Top 5

I get that, some of the older songs can't be separated from Chester and probably shouldn't be either.

She can definitely make the new stuff her own though and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the new album

I am looking forward to it although also half expecting to not like it, as apart from the odd song I haven't liked anything since Minutes to Midnight, which I also thought was meh compared to the earlier stuff.

I don't get the criticism over them getting a new singer though. Bands change their style or line up all the time and its not disrespectful. Its not like they're just pretending Chester never existed.

I am looking forward to it although also half expecting to not like it, as apart from the odd song I haven't liked anything since Minutes to Midnight, which I also thought was meh compared to the earlier stuff.

I don't get the criticism over them getting a new singer though. Bands change their style or line up all the time and its not disrespectful. Its not like they're just pretending Chester never existed.

I actually quite liked Minutes to Midnight just because it was different to the previous two albums. I might even have it in my second place above Hybrid Theory.

Them getting a new singer and changing their sound may end up being a good thing too. I paid a lot less attention to their albums after Minutes to Midnight but this does seem to have raised their profile again

I actually quite liked Minutes to Midnight just because it was different to the previous two albums. I might even have it in my second place above Hybrid Theory.

Them getting a new singer and changing their sound may end up being a good thing too. I paid a lot less attention to their albums after Minutes to Midnight but this does seem to have raised their profile again

I didn't mind it. Just had a lot of songs I was neither here nor there about. Hybrid Theory was my first favourite album and got me through my last year of school, so the bar was set unrealistically high. Meteora wasn't as good but was still solid.

I wouldn't rank any of them in the greatest ever album ranges from an artistic point of view but as personal favourites/nostalgia, Hybrid Theory is no1 and Meteora is up there somewhere, and in a sad way learning of Chester's struggles gave quite a few of the songs more meaning.

I'm happy they're back. Hopefully I like the new stuff but if I don't its just good that they're still able to be relevant, and that there might be a chance to go see them one more time (in the middle aged man stood near the back because he doesn't want to get crushed guise).

I didn't mind it. Just had a lot of songs I was neither here nor there about. Hybrid Theory was my first favourite album and got me through my last year of school, so the bar was set unrealistically high. Meteora wasn't as good but was still solid.

I wouldn't rank any of them in the greatest ever album ranges from an artistic point of view but as personal favourites/nostalgia, Hybrid Theory is no1 and Meteora is up there somewhere, and in a sad way learning of Chester's struggles gave quite a few of the songs more meaning.

I'm happy they're back. Hopefully I like the new stuff but if I don't its just good that they're still able to be relevant, and that there might be a chance to go see them one more time (in the middle aged man stood near the back because he doesn't want to get crushed guise).
I'd have Meteora as my number one album for the same reason, I replayed it over and over as a teenager and it was the first of their albums I came across.

From an objective point of view I think their first few albums were good but not great, but held a lot of meaning for me personally as they helped me through some stuff and because of Chester's struggles as you said.

I like the new singer's sound and it'd be nice to see them in person but hopefully they don't get too popular, I don't want to be paying through the nose to get tickets :lol:

I don't get the criticism over them getting a new singer though. Bands change their style or line up all the time and its not disrespectful.
There's a completely different and very relevant reason why plenty think it's disrespectful to Chester. The ones who don't like change are just nut jobs, but the others have a very valid point about who they've picked.

But that all aside, that new guitarist is an absolute cringe monster :lol:

There's a completely different and very relevant reason why plenty think it's disrespectful to Chester. The ones who don't like change are just nut jobs, but the others have a very valid point about who they've picked.

But that all aside, that new guitarist is an absolute cringe monster :lol:
What are those valid reasons? I’m not really clued up to this Linkin Park stuff.

She's a scientology weirdo. She also appeared in court to support a fellow scientology rapist. But she's recently put up a statement saying she regrets supporting him and she did it believing he was innocent etc etc.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...ds-danny-masterson-support-claims-1235097245/

Isn't she part of a family of scientology weirdos, or something but wasn't one herself? Thought I heard that somewhere. Regardless of that though, defending a rapist is pretty damn dodgy.

It was written a while before Hybrid Theory I think. Pretty sure it was on an EP they released prior along with a few other songs I liked.

Most if not all of it then re-appeared with the Hybrid Theory anniversary edition. My December I think (could be wrong) was written after.

Also forgot about this NIN cover. Chester really makes it work

Ah, yeah sounds about right. I actually think Chester could make almost anything work, he had a very unique vocal style that could work with any genre. I'm nearly sure they did a cover of "Rolling In The Deep" by Adele and he absolutely killed it. I'll try and dig it up.

Isn't she part of a family of scientology weirdos, or something but wasn't one herself? Thought I heard that somewhere. Regardless of that though, defending a rapist is pretty damn dodgy.

I'm super torn myself. I'm not too arsed about the scientology bullshit. I don't think she have at any point defended him but she did appear in court in support of him. Could she in good belief think he was innocent? I'm not sure.

But honestly, the music and movie industry over there is rotten. Weinstein etc. Think about how many have been associated with him and known parts of the truth about his nature. Some even spoke out early.