Let's all laugh at England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if we had 11 English players playing for Utd and these idiots still enjoyed England losing...makes you wonder why they support the club.

They could be 11 of my own family members for all I care. It doesn't change the fact that England aren't a national team I support.

It would be like saying "Imagine Liverpool had 11 English national team players and these so-called-England fans still enjoyed Liverpool losing". The answer (if they're United fans) is yes they would, because they're not Liverpool fans and they don't support that team. It's not rocket science.

Do tell us why people still support the club whilst the said club being in a drought for nearly a decade now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fact that you think your club is in a "drought" this past decade says it all, ffs.

Because they decided they were going to pick a club to support that wins a lot. :wenger:
A Leicester fan on a United board getting worked up about foreign (United) fans.

Nothing about it, I just like how United brings everyone together. It's beautiful, really.

Three cheers for England bottling it. Again.

That’s just stupid. United fans from abroad don't necessarily have to support England. Do Irish fans that support Celtic need to support Scotland too? - No they don’t.
I'm out, but seen this loads. Nobody is saying they need to support England. They're just saying if you have such a strong hatred for England and are going to show such disrespect to your fellow United fans and players, then it's odd that you'd support an English team. Half of this is just banter from the other home nations (fine). But the other half is some real toxic obsession with England which has been observed throughout the tournament.

Then our level of respect for human life differs

That's alright, people are different and that's what makes us come together in unity and cry or laugh at different things, like England losing.

That’s just stupid. United fans from abroad don't necessarily have to support England. Do Irish fans that support Celtic need to support Scotland too? - No they don’t.

Ha? One team has United players in it. The other team doesn't. Naturally, as a United fan, you'd support the former. What's so hard to understand?

Because they decided they were going to pick a club to support that wins a lot. :wenger:
Actually, most international fans will have international pool of clubs they choose from and generally their first exposures will be in European competitions.

And United is hardly a "wins a lot" club in Europe.

A Leicester fan on a United board getting worked up about foreign (United) fans.

Nothing about it, I just like how United brings everyone together. It's beautiful, really.

Three cheers for England bottling it. Again.

A fan (who supports their local team) finding it odd that other fans support a foreign (and conveniently successful) team while simultaneously hating the country that the aforementioned team plays in.

I find it a weird mentality. :confused:

He is a Celtic fan. And as far as I know he supported Spurs in England.
He had a season ticket with Utd with his son, also 8/10 people growing up in Ireland will follow an English club and Celtic.

Put up with the English supporters who are very commonly incessantly annoying, blind, blinkered, racist, hooligans, gobshites, arrogant. If you cant understand their neighbours celebrating then you're just not familiar with the territory :)

This has been a fantastic night for football and the England performance has put me in great form. Thanks Southgate !! :D :D :D :D
The fact is he said the following:

It's not a generalisation and not very contentious and you went after his nationality immediately so maybe reconsider your position.
Really? So it's ok if he's goes after a nationality, but no one else can? Okay.

For me, you're the best England team of my lifetime for so many reasons. You've also done more for European relations in these last few weeks than the UK government have done throughout Brexit!

Also, shame on the racists on twitter and instagram right now. Disgusting behavior.

The two best teams are in the final having shown skill, determination and class along the way. However I believe there is a special case for England deserving to win the Euros. England: home of the beautiful game, has long toiled away at the coalface of competitive international football, and since 1966 our efforts have gone largely unrewarded. We have been denied success quite literally by the hands of our opponent, we have repeatedly fallen prey to the art of Argentinian maleficium , we have seen a Golden Generation spun back into straw. We can not catch a break. And yet we have continued to rise from these setbacks. We as a country have suffered a torrid last 18 months and this win would really help buoy the country ahead of Freedom Day. In the home stadium with the fans in attendance and the country behind the boys I believe we can do it, but further to that: we deserve to do it!

I am happy that England lost. Pleased for their fans (especially my nephew) that they got to the final but delighted they didn't win. Would have been a terrible day for football if they had defended for 88 minutes and won 1-0.

Get it right up you!

Hahaha

He is a Celtic fan. And as far as I know he supported Spurs in England.

Yeah and Ole supported Liverpool though I'm sure that changed when he played for United.

Unlike those of us who do not play for a club player's allegiance often change when they have been with a club for a long period of time.

So presume you will be laughing when Marcus & Jadon make mistakes for Utd too then

This thread is brilliant. Can’t wait to come home from work tomorrow and read more meltdowns. Give me another ten pages at least :D

Status
Not open for further replies.