Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Most English players need to be eased in slowly and protected from the media but this lad just comes in, starts the next day, gives a mature, classy performance like he's been here for years and interviews flawlessly.

Didn't have much to do in his first game defensively, so can't really judge that side of his game to much. But the passing and calmness in possession definitely looks promising. Never seemed to panic and took everything in his stride

Most English players need to be eased in slowly and protected from the media but this lad just comes in, starts the next day, gives a mature, classy performance like he's been here for years and interviews flawlessly.
Yes but all of that still applies to him, the first dip in form and how we protect him will be crucial. Knives will be out and he won't be molly coddled that's for sure. I recall the targeting of Martial about his fees and other off field antics which destabilised him.

I really hope we don't overplay him, he gets counseling and support and in the first season he gets time to bed in with the team, and more importantly the cultural aspects of being an United player. If we get this right (and barring bad luck) we're looking at a mainstay for the next decade.

How do France keep producing these excellent CBs? It's like Italy and their strikers in the 90s.
There's something in the water there surely. I'm not saying its Aliens, but its Aliens.

Reactions: BenitoSTARR
Well Rio Ferdinand is one of the best Centre Backs to play in England in the last 50 years so I'd say no. Saying he will definitely be better than him after a 45 minute pre season showing against Rangers would be hyperbole.
''hyperbole'' ? here on RedCafe? Heaven Forfend

Gotta love the arrogance :lol:

Been delicious seeing their reactions and the contrasts in tone and narratives before we came into the picture for him and afterwards

Gotta love the arrogance :lol:

Been delicious seeing their reactions and the contrasts in tone and narratives before we came into the picture for him and afterwards

Don't relax just yet. For all we know they'll sign him next year.

It's very rare to see a 18 years old play 45 mins at preseason friendly and have the feeling that he is something special.

The last same feeling was Ronaldo debut.

It's very rare to see a 18 years old play 45 mins at preseason friendly and have the feeling that he is something special.

The last same feeling was Ronaldo debut.
Don't have to go back quite that far imo.

Is that Mainoo's debut?
I think he got a run-out in the League Cup before that and maybe appeared in one or two other friendlies, but I think that friendly against Arsenal was the first time he really showed what he could do at senior level.

Last edited:
"Yeah, for me, this is the biggest championship in the world.”

"For me, the Premier League… this is where the football fully exists. So the fans, the level – because the level is crazy there, there is not an easy game - and, for me, the Premier League is the biggest in the world."

"It's crazy. This is a historic stage and I'm just really excited to play at Old Trafford, to be honest. So, yeah, this is incredible. I already imagined me on the pitch. I was with my family there, and they were impressed too. So, yeah, we took a lot of photos!

"You know, it's one of the biggest stadiums in the world.

"To be honest, I'm really happy to be here. I'm really happy to play for this team and I'm really excited to see you in Old Trafford."

"It was like two weeks ago [when I first spoke to Rio]. He called me.

"First of all, I was really impressed to speak with him and, yeah, we spoke like 10 minutes about Man United, so he helped me a lot to make my choice. It was really an honour to speak with him.

"He spoke to me about the club, and that this is a historic club with a big story, and if I go there I need to fight for the club, to be ready, because this is the biggest club in the world. For me, it was really good to speak about this."

"When I was younger, Rio was one of the best defenders in the world.

"I think everyone watched United when he was young and, for me, it was a dream to play for this club."

"We [Yoro and Angel Gomes] spoke a lot about United. He just told me this is the biggest club in the world. You know, the fans, even the way to play, the training camp, everything is really big, is really incredible.

"So, yeah, every day I spoke with him about this and it helped me a lot to come here. He’s really happy for me. He sent me a message directly [after the transfer was completed]."

I think fans can sometimes overrate the pull of the CL and underrate the pull of the PL.
The PL is equally a major attraction.

So far, his comments have been so mature, so calm, it beggars belief. Super excited for and with him.

Reminds me a bit of AWB with his sliding tackles with his long legs.