Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalot
Yoro
Martinez
Shaw

Not a bad back line is it?
I don't think anybody here knows if Yoro is ready to start in the Prem. My assumption is no, go as he's just 18, and will need to adapt and bed in. So we need a more experienced started. If anything would've made sense to keep Varane now.

That’s a statement of intent signing. I was expecting the Real counteroffer.

Personally I’d get De Ligt too (sell one of Maguire or Lindelof in the process) and that’s our centreback issues sorted.

Saw recently (within the last few days I think?) that Saha really endorsed United and encouraged him to sign with us (sorry if that's been posted earlier) Always appreciate former players putting in a good word, especially fellow countrymen. Still in a bit of disbelief over this!

Yeah, not sure why people are lapping that nonsense up.

Luckhurst is pondlife. Since we binned off the players who were leaking to him (definitely Henderson, potentially others), he's done nothing but stir shit and take the most negative slant possible on anything about United.

It's taken him five minutes since the Yoro story broke to say the fee is 10m more than anybody else has reported and make up this bullshit about Everton.

Luckhurst/Eveeton are idiots. What international experience does Branthwaite have by comparison?

That’s a statement of intent signing. I was expecting the Real counteroffer.

Personally I’d get De Ligt too (sell one of Maguire or Lindelof in the process) and that’s our centreback issues sorted.
I think that's exactly what we are about to do, with LIndelof likely being the one sold.

No, I agree the league is probably beyond us, but I think we probably want a bit more experience to be replacing Varane + Kambwala than Yoro and Branthwaite/Hancko. I just said in the other thread, Evans is a LCB, so it could be better to sign a RCB in De Ligt and spend money on a proper LB. Shaw can also fill in comfortably at LCB.

Now were really getting into the tenuous links, I'm here for it!
Varane only played 40.1% of our available minutes so when we consider that actually I think we’d be ok with Yoro being his young replacement. Us resigning Evans reduces the need to desperately sign someone for a stupid fee but I still think we need a LCB/LB option given Martinez made 18.9% of our PL minutes and Shaw 28.1% with Malacia at 0%. If you’re comfortable with Evans to that extent you’re a braver man than I am.

Dalot 25
Yoro 18
Martinez 26
Shaw 29

Personally I don’t see as many good LBs about as there are CBs that could play LB so I’d sooner sign a Hancko/Branthwaite but I’ll have another look into LBs. I think Malacia being shown in lots of training photos means we’re unlikely to sign an out and out LB and more likely to go down the Gvardiol route of CB/LB which also makes sense for how we build up, defend and also how high our LWs like to play.
Signing 3 would be silly. I'd definitely still sign De Ligt and then sell both Maguire and Lindelof. They'll both have a market this summer because of their contract situations.

Gives you a season to look at Martinez and if his fitness issues are still a problem, I'd put him on the market next summer to fund another CB.
I don’t think you can lose Varane, Maguire, Lindelof and Kambwala and only sign Yoro + De Ligt.

De Ligt
Martinez
Yoro
Evans

Not enough

Luckhurst says done deal.

Luckhurst adding a few extra dosh because why not. Once the deal is done it will be £70m instead of €70m.
Assume he has included add-ons involved.
Few sources said yesterday that the bid was €52m initial with extra €10m as add-ons. Looks like €62m is the overall fee going by multiple reports. It is already a mental fee to Lille for a guy with 1-year left on his contract. Luckhurst is the only one who has added some extra dosh on it.

Even if it's £200k a week I don't find this that outrageous anyway.

To be fair adult actresses, generally have severe issues.
Emily herself is an example of that... such a shame because what happened to her could have been prevented.

Very stunning though.

He was always going to Madrid. He's been twerking at them for a while and come on, where do you go? Biggest club on the planet or a fallen giant who finished 8th and kept that manager on?

I would really like us to go for Hancko. Nightmare situation is if we end up with Branflake instead!
Another gem from you. Keep em coming!

We should be looking how Arsenal managed Saliba in his teen years to maximise his potential. In an ideal world he goes out on loan but he’s probably better than most of our options already at 18.

Never heard of him + looks weird. 18, 1yr left on current contract, French league - I am not sold yet. Gimme a good, injury free 1st half of the season and I am in

Fantastic to see us operate like this. I get that we are paying big for a young player but if he’s really among the best talents of his age group then 42/50m isn’t really that big a fee. The only concern is the reported wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.