Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the first games I watched him was against Monaco, who had a pretty good collection of attacking talent. I think Yoro was 17 at the time and he seemed to win absolutely everything. I'm excited for this one, definitely.
Beautiful mover in full flow and has the raw attributes that make you think there’s something special to unlock there.
I don't really have much to say, it's similar to cases like Badiashile, Fofana or Saliba. He looks good, he is far better than your average 18-19 years old defender but the safest context to judge a player is the Champions League. As for his style @Adnan described him perfectly, a complete defender with above average athleticism.
Thought you’d be righting wrongs left, right and centre! :cool:

For that money and his talent he's gonna be starting next to Martinez.

horsechoker said:
What's his connection to ten Hag?

I bet has a Dutch grandfather or something.
Frank Rijkaaard's Grandson?

120k while not exactly cheap seems reasonable for a PL starter (let's assume he is) and a proper talent wanted by real madrid. Let's not forbet Antony got about 200k last year which is absolutely insane.
Haven't seen much of him but when a yound defender is wanted by Real Madrid and other top teams it surely is exciting.

Would be great if we still get De Ligt and he can get integrated slowly and without much pressure.

Varane only played 40.1% of our available minutes so when we consider that actually I think we’d be ok with Yoro being his young replacement. Us resigning Evans reduces the need to desperately sign someone for a stupid fee but I still think we need a LCB/LB option given Martinez made 18.9% of our PL minutes and Shaw 28.1% with Malacia at 0%. If you’re comfortable with Evans to that extent you’re a braver man than I am.

Dalot 25
Yoro 18
Martinez 26
Shaw 29

Personally I don’t see as many good LBs about as there are CBs that could play LB so I’d sooner sign a Hancko/Branthwaite but I’ll have another look into LBs. I think Malacia being shown in lots of training photos means we’re unlikely to sign an out and out LB and more likely to go down the Gvardiol route of CB/LB which also makes sense for how we build up, defend and also how high our LWs like to play.

I don’t think you can lose Varane, Maguire, Lindelof and Kambwala and only sign Yoro + De Ligt.

De Ligt
Martinez
Yoro
Evans

Not enough
I see the replacement in terms of experience and quality. I don't think Yoro replaces Varanes capabilities, say like in the final against City. I think between Shaw, Martinez and Evans, we can cover the LCB position, we do not have anyone for the LB position except Shaw or Dalot. If you move Dalot as well, you just shift that problem to the otherside.

Perhaps, I'm certainly not banking on Malacia this season, but I don't think Branthwaite is an option for the LCB/LB. That would leave it to Hancko, if we were to get someone for that role. I would quite like a proper attacking LB and push Shaw into that LCB/LB role.

Has the plane landed yet? I won't believe this until pictures of him being hurried secretly into Carrington.
article-2008637-0CC1A6D300000578-80_634x420.jpg

Doubt the 112k/week is true, saw a report his wages will rise annually, which is a great idea, plus combined with reported 58k/week for Zirkzee I think we'll aim for reasonable wages

such a lovely picture that always invokes the best memories. our family tradition is for the parents of the couple, and any others deemed close enough, to watch the consummation of a marriage. our family albums are full of such images from outside registry offices.

I haven't seen enough of him to have a proper opinion on if he's ready to be a starter in the Premier League, but based on the fee (for his age and experience) and the interest from Real, PSG and Liverpool - I'd have to say I think he will be a starter for us. And based on the traits I've heard - tall, athletic - likened to Van Dijk - potentially a very exciting signing.

Keeping Varane may have been a good idea to help bed him in, but I was OK with Varane going (too many injuries to justify keeping him). I was never totally sold on De Ligt although it looked the best option for the position we are in, but I don't imagine he'd be interested in coming to be back-up to an 18 year old at his stage. I think this might be our only CB signing - to me you could spend big money on proven experience and take a punt on a prospect - whereas we have spent the big money on a prospect.

Evans has signed for a year, so I think we might see Maguire, Evans and Lindelof being the experienced back-up to Martinez and Yoro.

Potentially a great signing - its the past failings in squad planning that have me questioning how it'll pan out, but any way that's not my worry! Looks like we are signing one of the top teenage talents in the world in a position we are sorely lacking - so on that basis, I'd be happy.

Also, WTF is Romano on about us hijacking a deal? Have Real ever made a serious bid or had their bid accepted by Lille? Malacia signing was hijacking, this is clearly not.

Also, WTF is Romano on about us hijacking a deal? Have Real ever made a serious bid or had their bid accepted by Lille? Malacia signing was hijacking, this is clearly not.
I thought he meant we're moving quickly in order to avoid somebody else hijacking this deal. That's how I read it anyway.

I see the replacement in terms of experience and quality. I don't think Yoro replaces Varanes capabilities, say like in the final against City. I think between Shaw, Martinez and Evans, we can cover the LCB position, we do not have anyone for the LB position except Shaw or Dalot. If you move Dalot as well, you just shift that problem to the otherside.

Perhaps, I'm certainly not banking on Malacia this season, but I don't think Branthwaite is an option for the LCB/LB. That would leave it to Hancko, if we were to get someone for that role. I would quite like a proper attacking LB and push Shaw into that LCB/LB role.
I see what you mean in terms of experience.

If you sign an attacking LB it leaves us vulnerable in the defensive transition if Dalot is our RB.

I think a LCB/LB is the sensible choice here.

Definitely not a hijacking. This was a clear gazumping.

Luckhurst is such a dickhead. Where did he get €70M from?
Rounded up to the furthest 10m before deal announcement. Rounded up to the furthest 20m after deal announced. Then 3months’ time lump in another 20-30m to say how we wasted big money on a flop or we spent huge money so his great performances are still not enough to justify it as a good transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.