La Liga - 2012/2013

Next, Valencia vs Sevilla, worth watching?

Real looked horrible. I'm not really scared from them when we meat them anymore.
Although, obviously, Ronaldo didnt play, but their midfield apart from Alonso is a bit wank these days and so is their defence.

a couple of things

obviously, real madrid without ronaldo loses a lot of fire power

but this is all mourinho's fault, there's not a team here, there are just eleven good players that might win games

That's the crunch. There's no rhythm and no fight (in the positive sense of the word) - they look like they've only just met.

They're players have given up the league now.

They need bit of a clean up there too.

That's the crunch. There's no rhythm and no fight (in the positive sense of the word) - they look like they've only just met.

And it's down to the manager to address that and from his body language, he's given up, so that's hardly going to inspire the players. I think him getting the sack even before the season's end is a real possibility. I suspect Perez is going to wait and see if we knock them out, and if we do, then he'll be gone pretty soon after I'd have thought.

And it's down to the manager to address that and from his body language, he's given up, so that's hardly going to inspire the players. I think him getting the sack even before the season's end is a real possibility. I suspect Perez is going to wait and see if we knock them out, and if we do, then he'll be gone pretty soon after I'd have thought.

I think they'll just wait until the end of the season so they don't have to pay the ridiculous money for sacking him.

His own fault definitely but I'm not talking about him, I'm talking about the referee.He made a correct decision to book him, a safe by the book decision.The sort of stuff I really hate because if that logic is applied more and more, a lot of football matches will not end up with 11v11.

I hate referees like that, the typical by the book brainless cnuts.A little bit more understanding would be better from them and would decrease this general feeling of hatred or injustice players have for them.

It is in the rulebook though kouroux:

Failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free-kick or throw in.

The above is a yellow card offence according to the rules. The referee applied the rules according to what he is bound to. If Kaka didn't move back far enough and stopped the free kick from being taken quickly then, by law, he has to go since he received a yellow card already.

I think they'll just wait until the end of the season so they don't have to pay the ridiculous money for sacking him.

I know his word usually means feck all, but Ballague said the other day that they have already set aside the money to sack him. About 20m Euros.

Spanish refs? No comments needed.

Nope, it's been ridiculous for years

Coentrão has been defending well though. I don't get why so many people are surprised. Osasuna is one of the worst places to go to, esp. in winter.

In the past few seasons they've beaten both RM and Barça there.

Pamplona is like some nexus of the universe, the swamps right at the foot of Mordor. No one likes playing there

Di Maria in particular is way off. In fact he's playing like the player I thought he was before he joined them, having watched him with Argentina.

Di Maria, typically, has actually been better than I thought he was before he joined them. In form, probably the best winger in the game, atm. Hard to understand where that form has gone, is it all really down to a toxic atmosphere within the team?

Agree with this statement. I bet Pep didn't think that last season with Barcelona. They were miles behind, but they kept on chasing until it was impossible. The last thing the players want is to hear "we are giving up the league lads, we are so far behind that we might as well give up now and concentrate on the Champions League." Giving or displaying this type of message is just not Real Madrid, and to be honest, it is showing through the players body language, and to be honest, the next El Clasico won't have as much bite as previous encounters.

Stupid red card (on Kaka's part).. Awful performance by Madrid. I don't understand what's going on at Madrid at the moment..

Stupid red card (on Kaka's part).. Awful performance by Madrid. I don't understand what's going on at Madrid at the moment..

There is clearly a huge division throughout the squad. It's the Spanish vs the rest.

I hope it gets worse and worse leading up to our game.

So that's what, 18 points Barca are going to be ahead if they win their game tomorrow? That's fecking ridiculous. This could be our worst season in years and Barca's best one. Now that would be something...

Agree with this statement. I bet Pep didn't think that last season with Barcelona. They were miles behind, but they kept on chasing until it was impossible. The last thing the players want is to hear "we are giving up the league lads, we are so far behind that we might as well give up now and concentrate on the Champions League." Giving or displaying this type of message is just not Real Madrid, and to be honest, it is showing through the players body language, and to be honest, the next El Clasico won't have as much bite as previous encounters.

A club as great as them should have more pride than this, I remember when Chelsea ran away with the league 2 years running, we never gave up even though it was hopeless, we kept going and doing the best to put a small bit of pressure on them in the event of a collapse by them. Real have clearly just fecked the league off now, and everything is going into the CL.

So that's what, 18 points Barca are going to be ahead if they win their game tomorrow? That's fecking ridiculous. This could be our worst season in years and Barca's best one. Now that would be something...

But you could also win the CL...

Worrying that Jose will now probably put all his efforts into that now and rest players in the league.

A club as great as them should have more pride than this, I remember when Chelsea ran away with the league 2 years running, we never gave up even though it was hopeless, we kept going and doing the best to put a small bit of pressure on them in the event of a collapse by them. Real have clearly just fecked the league off now, and everything is going into the CL.

They do have more pride than this. They are a club like ours, but they have given up the fight which is unlike the Real Madrid I knew years ago. Mourinho is a born winner, there are no two ways about that. However, when the going gets tough, he will get going. There is a division in the team between himself and the Portuguese contingent, and the rest. This is not good for morale and will probably be detrimental to them winning the Champions League. However, there are rumours flying around in France that both Mourinho and Ronaldo could go to Paris. That wouldn't surprise me if it happens since France has one of the largest Portuguese populations outside of Portugal.

Didn't their fall start after Ronaldo's "I am sad" business earlier ?

Has Jose indicated that he is leaving Madrid in the off season ? Why do people want him sacked otherwise ?

Didn't their fall start after Ronaldo's "I am sad" business earlier ?

Nah, they started off with a draw at home against Valencia and then a loss away to Getafe, it's only after the loss in Sevilla that the whole Ronaldo business began if I recall correctly.

Has Jose indicated that he is leaving Madrid in the off season ? Why do people want him sacked otherwise ?

Have you ever even heard of Real Madrid before? They sacked a manager who won them the Champions League... :lol:

What a block by Medel to keep Soldado out!

edit: ... who then scores from the ensuing corner :D

It is in the rulebook though kouroux:

The above is a yellow card offence according to the rules. The referee applied the rules according to what he is bound to. If Kaka didn't move back far enough and stopped the free kick from being taken quickly then, by law, he has to go since he received a yellow card already.

I have never denied it that it was the rulebook and I didn't say it was a technically wrong decision by the ref.Just that more understanding could have been shown is all, anyway what the feck do I care about Madrid anyway.
Their slow and painful meltdow is a joy to me

There is clearly a huge division throughout the squad. It's the Spanish vs the rest.

I hope it gets worse and worse leading up to our game.

I think, no matter what they say, Real players have given up on the league..

They'll give their best shot against us though, but when the season is over (even if they win the CL) I expect Mourinho to go.. It just seems to me like too much damage is done..

Betis currently 2-0 up against Levante, they'll be fourth if Málaga don't beat Barcelona tonight. Very underrated team with some tidy players, Rubén Castro, Beñat, Cañas, Vadillo, Nacho...

If score stays the same they'll only be 3 points off Real Madrid...

Hopefully Malaga can put in a good performance tonight and beat Barca.

Atlético 1-0, Tiago with a header from a corner. Atléti looking good, Falcao been quiet so far though.

edit: and now a pen won by Arda