La Liga - 2012/2013

Real just need a new manager. They have loads of quality but most of them don't want to play for Mourinho anymore. There's nothing really wrong with the squad they've got.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Their midfield is not all that, their forwards carry them more often than not. They don't know how to control matches and I think it'll cost them again once they come up against a Bayern or Juve in the CL unless Ronaldo or Ozil come to rescue again.

It depends whether you think losing 35% of the games is bad or not.

However this is foot of the table Osasuna, so they should be in with a chance.

I think it's 25%, actually I'm reading it again, and my source says they lose 25% of games without him, and win in 65% of them.

That must have been a long time ago since Ronaldo has played 60 matches in a row for Real Madrid. This is his 14th match that he has missed since 2009/10 and his first match since the 2010/11 season.

Yes, it's probably most from Pellegrini era.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Their midfield is not all that, their forwards carry them more often than not. They don't know how to control matches and I think it'll cost them again once they come up against a Bayern or Juve in the CL unless Ronaldo or Ozil come to rescue again.

You don't think Alonso/Khedira/Ozil is a quality midfield?

It's better than pretty much any other in world football bar Barcelona, Bayern and Juventus imo.

They both miss too many chances for me and a club the size of Real Madrid should have one of the world's elite in the central striking position, which I don't regard either as one of those.

most players miss more that what they score

in fact ronaldo during the current season already shot at goal 100 times and scored 16 goals

so, by the same argument, you can say he misses too many chances

You don't think Alonso/Khedira/Ozil is a quality midfield?

It's better than pretty much any other in world football bar Barcelona, Bayern and Juventus imo.

Khedira is overrated, Alonso even at his best was not a Scholes or Xavi, and he is declining rapidly. Ozil is the bright spark in that midfield but he is as much of a midfielder as Rooney is. So yes, if you ignore their glamorous names I don't think it's distinctly better than United's midfield for example, one that every one loves to slate.

Coentrão has been defending well though. I don't get why so many people are surprised. Osasuna is one of the worst places to go to, esp. in winter.

In the past few seasons they've beaten both RM and Barça there.

Khedira is overrated, Alonso even at his best was not a Scholes or Xavi, and he is declining rapidly. Ozil is the bright spark in that midfield but he is as much of a midfielder as Rooney is. So yes, if you ignore their glamorous names I don't think it's distinctly better than United's midfield for example, one that every one loves to slate.

Let us just ignore the fact that this Real Madrid had the same players last season and they did extremely well, not only winning the league, but winning it with apparent ease with players who you are calling "overrated." Pathetic post really.

Alonso's world class imo. One of the best midfielders around. I agree Khedira isn't that good but he's one of the better watercarrying midfielders around.

Who would they sign who would improve them? Most of the real quality midfielders already play for top sides.

That'sa bit unfair when you look at last season, they are just not getting good service. Ozil and Di Maria haven't found their form from last season and Modric looks out of his depth.

Di Maria in particular is way off. In fact he's playing like the player I thought he was before he joined them, having watched him with Argentina.

Still at least he lasted longer on the pitch than Kaka.

Let us just ignore the fact that this Real Madrid had the same players last season and they did extremely well, not only winning the league, but winning it with apparent ease with players who you are calling "overrated." Pathetic post really.

He can't even make an argument against Real without mentioning either Barca or Bayern.

I must say this game is a real advert for the high-quality, technical La Liga :D