La Liga - 2012/2013

Best rolling around spasm performance I've seen.

/it probably did hurt.

La Liga this weekend - all times UK
Saturday, 12 January 2013
Valladolid v Mallorca, 15:00
Espanyol v Celta de Vigo, 17:00
Osasuna v Real Madrid, 19:00
Valencia v Sevilla, 21:00

Sunday, 13 January 2013
Real Betis v Levante, 11:00
Real Sociedad v Deportivo La Coruna, 16:00
Atletico Madrid v Real Zaragoza, 18:00
Malaga v Barcelona, 20:00

Monday, 14 January 2013
Getafe v Granada, 19:00

The match of the weekend should be Malaga Vs Barcelona. Most of the usual suspects should be there. Weirdly, they'll be playing each other on Wednesday in the first leg of the Copa QF as well.

Osasuna are at the bottom of the table so Madrid should be able to cope. However Ronaldo and Ramos are out - suspended. Pepe's still injured. The interesting news is that Coentrao and Marcelo both traveled with the squad, which probably means that Madrid will have them both fit by the time they play us.

La Liga this weekend - all times UK
Saturday, 12 January 2013
Valladolid v Mallorca, 15:00
Espanyol v Celta de Vigo, 17:00
Osasuna v Real Madrid, 19:00
Valencia v Sevilla, 21:00

Sunday, 13 January 2013
Real Betis v Levante, 11:00
Real Sociedad v Deportivo La Coruna, 16:00
Atletico Madrid v Real Zaragoza, 18:00
Malaga v Barcelona, 20:00

Monday, 14 January 2013
Getafe v Granada, 19:00

The teams in bold to win.

The match of the weekend should be Malaga Vs Barcelona. Most of the usual suspects should be there. Weirdly, they'll be playing each other on Wednesday in the first leg of the Copa QF as well.

3 times over the course of 10 days. Great litmus test for Isco & Juan to test their great form against. It will be a battle but glad Barcelona were able to rest Pedro, Leo, Iniesta, Busquets & Xavi recently.

Highest scoring team against the stingiest defense, something will have to give

3 times over the course of 10 days. Great litmus test for Isco & Juan to test their great form against. It will be a battle but glad Barcelona were able to rest Pedro, Leo, Iniesta, Busquets & Xavi recently.

Highest scoring team against the stingiest defense, something will have to give

One question does spring to mind though FCB. Do you think Sanchez will play in spite of his terrible misses against Cordoba? Yes, he scored a brace but his misses under no real pressure were woeful and he even made Heskey look great.

One question does spring to mind though FCB. Do you think Sanchez will play in spite of his terrible misses against Cordoba? Yes, he scored a brace but his misses under no real pressure were woeful and he even made Heskey look great.

No one really understands why Alexis continues to start any longer, tbh. And I concur, he had some terrible misses - even the 2nd goal he got was more Tello than him. Previously, the logic was that his pace & ability to win balls back made him a good partner in that trident to Pedro. Tons of talent but it's clear he's not a natural goalscorer. The hope was he'd be Pedro with even more talent but so far that hasn't materialized with any consistency. Truth is, I am beginning to question his mental fortitude as he seems to be too easily taken off his game and suffers from confidence issues.

Villa's goals by contrast were exactly what you hope for from a forward. With a healthier David, Tello & Cuenca near his medical green light there are are options going forward that are difficult to justify Sanchez starting if he isn't converting. Of course, it's not always about the goals. He does link up well if not better with Messi than Villa and that may be part of the basis for his increased PT despite lack of goals.

I was reading an article in the local papers that were quoting club sources that the coaches have to get Sanchez to take it easier in training because he feels the pressure to play better. I'd just love it if he stopped diving and just play

Is Adan available for this weekend? Suspension served in the cup midweek, or are the rules different in Spain for such matters?

Is Adan available for this weekend? Suspension served in the cup midweek, or are the rules different in Spain for such matters?

It follows the tournament so he's suspended for La Liga.

Ramos is a special case. Though his suspension is from the Copa, the fact it's for 5 games means it applies to all matches not just Copa games.

Madrid start with:
Casillas; Arbeloa, Varane, Albiol, Coentrao; Xabi Alonso, Khedira; Modric, Di María, Callejón; Higuaín

Marcelo is on the bench so he must be close to a comeback.

Ozil probably rested with the Valencia Copa QF (Tuesday) in mind. Same might even be true of Carvalho. Higuain gets chance to play for his place - where's Marcos? Kaka still doesn't get a game.

Osasuna are probably the worst team in the league so even without Ronaldo Real should win comfortably.

Bench: Jesús, Kakà, Benzema, Özil, Carvalho, Marcelo, Essien

For a RM fan you sure don't know much about your own team :lol:
picked up a 5th yellow against Sociedad

I've said this before, I'm not a freak like most of you guys. Just watch all the games I can, that's all. Oh and drugs are bad mkay.

Huh? What happened?

Fifth yellow last weekend - I think he's actually had a run of 5 games where he got booked in every one, after months with zero bookings. I think all the booking have been for bad tackles, which probably says something about how the team's been playing as well.