La Liga - 2012/2013

Vato, so what exactly happened at Madrid? Are the players knackered or not arsed?

Dunno mate, I really don't have a clue what's going on. I just think Mourinho lost the dressing room, jojojo can probably tell you more about it than I do. I'm not that fanatic to follow everything that's going on off the pitch, I just try to watch most games and that's about it.

Agreed, it's early and it's a massive lead but there are 66 pts still to play for

Adriano is the team's worst defender but is aggressive going forward...and not shy to go for goal

di-YATR.gif

what a strike!!

No one wins the league in December.

A 13 point/9 point lead is very hard to displace, whenever it gets accrued. It will take a massive improvement from Jose's side and a couple of feck up from Barcelona to have that gap trimmed down, and even that won't assure there will be any one else running for the title.

A 13 point/9 point lead is very hard to displace, whenever it gets accrued. It will take a massive improvement from Jose's side and a couple of feck up from Barcelona to have that gap trimmed down, and even that won't assure there will be any one else running for the title.

They might lose the El Clasico, but I don't even think the Madrid fans would take that should they get knocked out of the Champions League. Suffice to say, they are on their way to getting the highest points total in La Liga. I can even remember saying to myself that Messi doesn't look right at the start of the season, rather sluggish and doesn't look himself. Look how that changed.

They might lose the El Clasico, but I don't even think the Madrid fans would take that should they get knocked out of the Champions League. Suffice to say, they are on their way to getting the highest points total in La Liga. I can even remember saying to myself that Messi doesn't look right at the start of the season, rather sluggish and doesn't look himself. Look how that changed.

Yeah Messi and Barcelona as a whole were a little poor at the start of the season weren't they? Real too, but Barcelona picked it up and Real haven't.

2-day bus trip is also way too long. It's what, 750km on a highway most of the time. That's a 7 hour trip. Better than the trip to take part in the CWC. The flight they made this CL campaign to Moscow was 4 hours.

When Barcelona don't win a game in Europe there's always an excuse. You can literally count them because there haven't been many losses. Celtic, Arsenal, Inter, Barca, Rubin. They've got an excuse. Usually the pitch is to blame or the team they were playing was anti-football. The game against Inter wasn't lost because of fatigue.

Just saw this.. It WAS a 2-day trip, and lasted more than 12 hours total I think.. They may have taken the train as well, but I remember that it was a big thing at the time.. However since Guardiola didn't like to talk about excuses, it wasn't talked about that much.. If it was Mourinho or Benitez, it would have easily gone into the conspiracy book, or a long list of unforgivable facts.

Also, there is a reason why one would think there MIGHT have been some other factors that affected that game, because Barcelona played Inter 4 times in that same year, and outplayed them in all games expect this one.. Also Inter failed to score a single goal in all other three encounters, yet they suddenly scored 3 in this one..

Anyway, it's all history now, and Inter won, but it's not merely because it was "Barcelona" that one might think that less rest had something to do with the result.. It's actually a bit hypocritical on your part because we all agree that midweek games (with 3 or 4 days rest in between!) can still affect the team performance in the league, and long trips (to Moscow or Turkey), even with a plane, can also affect the team performance in the next encounter.. How come it plays no role when it comes to Barcelona?? :confused:

It's not hypocritical on my part at all. You're putting words in my mouth. I never use travel as an excuse for result. It's a part of football. If anything, it's the game the weekend after the CL game that's affected.

United have won every single league game this season after a CL match. Only one of them was a home game (against QPR). The others, away games against Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Yea, I don't have a huge problem with travelling.
You think Barcelona are being picked on? Think about clubs that travel more on average than other clubs in the league. Like Russian teams in the CL. Spartak had to go all the way across Europe for every away match. That's three matches of long travelling whilst only one game for other clubs.

These teams are travelling in the best way known to man, be it by flight, road or train. Jet lag doesn't apply to ground travel and travel fatigue isn't something you should get if you don't have to get up in unusual hours or eat right along the way.

It's not hypocritical on my part at all. You're putting words in my mouth. I never use travel as an excuse for result. It's a part of football. If anything, it's the game the weekend after the CL game that's affected.

United have won every single league game this season after a CL match. Only one of them was a home game (against QPR). The others, away games against Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Yea, I don't have a huge problem with travelling.
You think Barcelona are being picked on? Think about clubs that travel more on average than other clubs in the league. Like Russian teams in the CL. Spartak had to go all the way across Europe for every away match. That's three matches of long travelling whilst only one game for other clubs.

These teams are travelling in the best way known to man, be it by flight, road or train. Jet lag doesn't apply to ground travel and travel fatigue isn't something you should get if you don't have to get up in unusual hours or eat right along the way.

Just to clarify things, I never said there is a conspiracy against Barcelona, or even thought it was unfair for them. It was something out of everybody's control, and I have no problem with them losing the tie.. However, when we analyze that game tactically, we have to take this factor into account, like we do with all teams..

Just to clarify things, I never said there is a conspiracy against Barcelona, or even thought it was unfair for them. It was something out of everybody's control, and I have no problem with them losing the tie.. However, when we analyze that game tactically, we have to take this factor into account, like we do with all teams..

When we analyze the game tactically it becomes clear why they lost. The huge holes in defense. Same as when they lost to Arsenal. Stats were similar, holes in defense were made use of.

With the sad developments about Tito Villanova's health, it looks to me very likely now that there could be another turn in the La Liga race this year..

And no, don't compare this to Pep's departure.. I don't think the next assistant knows Barcelona as well as Tito did when Pep departed..

Good game between Valencia (11th) and Getafe (9th) at the moment. 3 goals in under 15 minutes.

Soldado gets Valencia up in the first minute, then has a great one-two with Jonás who scores the second on the 8th minute. Getafe reply with a great through ball by Xavi Torres for Álvaro to poke home. 2-1.

3 shots, all on target, all goal... and no defensive errors to speak of (Diego Alves was maybe too quickly off his line for the Getafe goal)

La Liga this weekend (UK times) - no Sunday matches as they're off on their hols (for a week) after these games.

Friday, 21 December 2012
Valencia v Getafe, 19:00
Atletico Madrid v Celta de Vigo, 21:00

Saturday, 22 December 2012
Real Betis v Mallorca, 15:00
Valladolid v Barcelona, 17:00
Malaga v Real Madrid, 19:00
Osasuna v Granada, 19:00
Athletic Bilbao v Real Zaragoza, 21:00

Sevilla lost again yesterday, with Medel getting sent off... again.

Real Sociedad are quite strong at home, but still Sevilla should be doing so much better with the squad they have...

And Rayo getting 3 past Levante was also quite a surprise.

Valencia look okay going forward, but defensively they're giving up too many chances. They'll need to tighten that before they play PSG or Ibra's going to have a field day.

4-2 FT.

Arda Turan doing a "Kerlon" and almost putting the 1-0 on a plate for Diego Costa :lol:

Good interception by the Celta defender

Now Koke off the post with a good low shot. There's goals here for sure

Adrián with a screamer to break the deadlock! Atlético 1 - 0 Celta, with 15 min. to go .. their 100% home record looks to be extended

Hugo Mallo, Celta's 21-year old right-back from their academy, has impressed me for the 2nd time in as many times that I've seen him. First against Real in the cup last week and now away to Atlético. Looks a great defender, assured in the tackle and looks tough enough (he's playing with a knock for about 30 min. now, refused to be subbed)

edit: 1-0 FT.

40 points from 17 games for Atlético

Hugo Mallo, Celta's 21-year old right-back from their academy, has impressed me for the 2nd time in as many times that I've seen him. First against Real in the cup last week and now away to Atlético. Looks a great defender, assured in the tackle and looks tough enough (he's playing with a knock for about 30 min. now, refused to be subbed)

edit: 1-0 FT.

40 points from 17 games for Atlético

The commentator was slating his attacking play (Mallo's), but he then proceded to make a fantastic forward run and control that he nearly scored from. Then a few minutes later played an excellent pass forward to the striker. While seemingly carrying an injury.

I agree, thought he looked excellent and very solid considering his young age.

Simeone's down fantastically well to really impose his stlye on the team to turn Atletíco into such a rugged side with real mental fortitude.

Simeone's down fantastically well to really impose his stlye on the team to turn Atletíco into such a rugged side with real mental fortitude.

Yeah, and still there's room for bonafide brain farts like João Miranda's completely unnecessary sending off. Also I'm thinking he should rotate maybe a little bit more, because their attacking play in recent games has been grinding down to a halt. Adrián (as he proved tonight) deserves a look in instead of Diego Costa, who after a strong start has dipped massively. Cristian Rodríguez should also get more starts in my opinion.

Apart from those two (and maybe Raul García) they will most likely need to reinforce in the winter transfer window as they're lacking the squad depth to keep this form up all through the season, especially if they were to take the Europa League seriously (which I have my doubts about considering their position in La Liga).

Alexis Sánchez once again proving that Messi is the only one in Barça who can score... even mere tap-ins. What the hell.

What has Villa done to upset the coaches? Alexis certainly not being selected on ability or form, he's rotten

Messi hits the inside of the post with a great free-kick, unlucky, keeper was nowhere

Messi started that goal from Barça's own half with his run. Great team goal.

Rumours that Mourinho has dropped Casillas :eek:

Posters at Marca writing that Jose is seeking dismissal.

Has Mourinho said anything about the Real v United CL tie? If not, I wonder if he thinks he won't be at Madrid by that time...

Weird timing. No one would have been surprised if Casillas got dropped earlier in the season when he was playing badly and not getting on with Mou. But I thought he'd looked better recently. Maybe they had a row at the works Christmas party. :smirk:

Speculation is that Jose thinks Iker is a 'mole' to journalist Antona Meana.

Speculation is that Jose thinks Iker is a 'mole' to journalist Antona Meana.

He's thought that for the past two years.

Either that or Casillas is talking in his sleep to Sara Carbonero and she's just doing her job.

Yeah confirmed on Onda Cero, he dropped Casillas, the man has lost his mind. If we lose tonight, I don't want to be in his shoes. He's talked about 3 black sheeps in the dressing room. Either our players have really weird fetishes or there has been a serious upset in the team.