La Liga - 2012/2013

Simeone is going to absolutely slaughter Godín. Lovely finish though - not remotely easy because Courtois did well. Has there been a better chipper in history? That's one for you Skor!

Don't think there's anyone that does it as much. I've got affection for Raúl. He was great at it.

Course I would. Love going to see some lower league games if United aren't on.

This game has been supremely boring.

the game was boring :wenger::wenger::wenger:

seriusly, do you like football at all?

because what you are saying is like "i rather listen my little niece scratch the guitar than going to a roger waters concert"

that stupid it is

Great game.
I never realized just how fast Falcao is, great goal from him.

Barca were excellent from 30min onwards, totally dominating the game. Adriano's goal is a cracker and he is playing well this season hence keeping Alves out of the team.

90 goals in 2012 for Messi, 2 tonight even tho he had a poor game, over hitting passes and caught in possession for Atleticos goal.

Barca are still improving and credit has to go to tito for stepping in to the vacancy left by pep and making it is own.

Credit to Barca given, but La Liga is worse than the SPL in terms of competition.

The strange thing is that the rest of this league has done so well in Europe League over the last couple of years and weren't exactly too bad in the CL either that you really have to ask, why the hell is there no team capable of putting up a real challenge for Barca and Real in their domestic league.

Okay Atletico has somehow broken into this phalanx this season but I'm not certain they can hold that level and if they have to sell their best players next season I'm not seeing them putting up a real title challenge over the next couple of seasons.

On the other hand no one really seems to be able to challenge us in the PL and Bayern in the Bundesliga either.

the game was boring :wenger::wenger::wenger:

seriusly, do you like football at all?

because what you are saying is like "i rather listen my little niece scratch the guitar than going to a roger waters concert"

that stupid it is

I think the point is is that whilst the football on show is not boring the results are.

Watching Barcelona tear every single La Liga team apart might be easy on the eye but it basically becomes a pointless competition bar relegation and 4th place scraps, which are much less exciting then the actual league winners.

It becomes boring in the same way as if you were to always play fifa on the easy setting so you win almost every game. At some point you want a league challenge.

No your wrong there mate, look what Athletico did to ye! and Bilbao to us last year.

Plus are my right in saying four teams from Spain still in CL?

Barca are just the best team the world has ever seen.

I mean their own league.

Noone has got close to Real/Barca in recent years and this seaosn noone is getting close to Barca, not even Real.

I think the point is is that whilst the football on show is not boring the results are.

Watching Barcelona tear every single La Liga team apart might be easy on the eye but it basically becomes a pointless competition bar relegation and 4th place scraps, which are much less exciting then the actual league winners.

It becomes boring in the same way as if you were to always play fifa on the easy setting so you win almost every game. At some point you want a league challenge.

On a bigger scale though, how often do you see a team dominate the league like that, at such a high level of competition??

When was the last time the Premier League was legitimately competed by more than 2 teams?

I remember when it was MUFC vs Arsenal every season, the only way it was possible for anybody to break that stranglehold was for a club to be bought and have hundred of millions of pounds invested in the playing staff. Arsenal have fallen away largely because they haven't been able to compete on players like they used to and have had star players taken away by the cash-rich clubs.

That's the only way it's going to happen in Spain too, if somebody gets bought ala City/PSG/Chelsea and buys a foothold. People go on about the Premier League being far more competitive due to the superior TV deal, but lets be honest there isn't much between the two leagues when it comes to competitiveness and there hasn't been since 1993 (when football BEGAN/when football sold its soul).

I mean their own league.

Noone has got close to Real/Barca in recent years and this seaosn noone is getting close to Barca, not even Real.

But there is a difference between one or two teams dominating a league because the rest of the teams are shite (i.e when Celtic and Rangers were winning all the time) AND one or two teams dominating a league because well in barcas case now they are the nearest thing to perfection we will ever see, that last scenario dosnt mean the rest of the league is sub standard cause it definitely is not.

Simeone is going to absolutely slaughter Godín. Lovely finish though - not remotely easy because Courtois did well. Has there been a better chipper in history? That's one for you Skor!

Well, Maradona was also insanely good at them but some of Messi's chips and lobs have impressed me more; let's just say that he's certainly the best of his generation at it. Even when he was 18/19 years old he made some great chip goals. His first one ever was a nice lob on the volley, his second (in the CL against Panathinaikos) a chip and finish over the keeper like he did against Almunia.

This is one of my early favourites.

And these ones are of course world class,

i see, boring like 1970 brazil, or cruyf's ajax or butragueños real madrid

the best teams in the history of football were boring, so we better watch Ipswich Town vs. Brighton & Hove Albion

i see, boring like 1970 brazil, or cruyf's ajax or real butragueños real madrid

the best teams in the history of football were boring, so we better watch Ipswich Town vs. Brighton & Hove Albion

I'd rather watch school kids play football. Very tense AND a lot of goals!

13 pt gap, bloody hell.

IF Rm get dumped from the CL in february/march, perez would be well within his right to sack JM right then and there.

shambolic season for RM.

Tito to replace fergie ;)

I find it weird that someone would rather watch a 4-1 pasting over a good tense game that means something. Great the team that pays the most is playing well.

The Bradford v Arsenal game was infinitely better than that.

Sport to me is about the competition.

I find it weird that someone would rather watch a 4-1 pasting over a good tense game that means something. Great the team that pays the most is playing well.

right, the world stopped when The Bradford and Arsenal played

i bet it was "infinitely" better

I agree.. Get ready now for the best footballing experience you'll ever have (even better than the Bradford-Arsenal game!)..

Enjoy..

Also, I know it's easier said than done, but if teams want to increase their chances of getting something against Barca they really need to go for the jugular and more importantly, take their chances in the first half hour. They are notorious slow starters, I honestly can't remember them ever starting a big game well, apart from the Arsenal tie in 09/10.

Also, I know it's easier said than done, but if teams want to increase their chances of getting something against Barca they really need to go for the jugular and more importantly, take their chances in the first half hour. They are notorious slow starters, I honestly can't remember them ever starting a big game well, apart from the Arsenal tie in 09/10.

When has that ever ended well? Look at us in 2009 and 2011.

When has that ever ended well? Look at us in 2009 and 2011.

True, I just thought it'll be interesting to see how they react going a goal down in a big game against a team that can punish them during that vulnerable period. But then I remember they fall behind in almost all of their recent encounters against Madrid, and they usually find a way to crawl back to draw or win the game more often than not. So yeah, nevermind :lol:

José charms the Spanish press once again...

"In the world of football I and my people are top and in the world of journalism you're crap".

You don't have to watch it then, it's like that whenever Barcelona play so if you don't like it just don't turn it on. Plus I don't think you'd find it boring if it'd been United instead of Barcelona slaughtering rivals like that.

This.

i see, boring like 1970 brazil, or cruyf's ajax or butragueños real madrid

The teams and football they play aren't boring, the results are. I assumed that's what Twig meant and if he did I agree. Its like watching 38 exhibition matches.

Its entertaining, but as a competition its a non starter.

True, I just thought it'll be interesting to see how they react going a goal down in a big game against a team that can punish them during that vulnerable period. But then I remember they fall behind in almost all of their recent encounters against Madrid, and they usually find a way to crawl back to draw or win the game more often than not. So yeah, nevermind :lol:

Just saw this

I see it like this. If you go all gung ho against them, you have a 5% chance of winning. Dig in the trenches and protect the box? 15%. So do the smart thing. Inter and Chelsea may have had their share of fortunate decisions (as have Barcelona, Obrevogate), but they did the right things.

La Liga's over, innit? That was quick.

No one wins the league in December.

I watched the Barcelona game last night. Atletico played well, to their credit, but Barcelona was always going to break through. Adriano looks like a special talent. I asked about Villa's form earlier this season, but it seems like he's providing the extra oomph in Barcelona's attack, while Pedro and Villa are regaining form/getting fat on the sidelines.

I think people are under a misconception.

When Barcelona lost to Chelsea and Inter they did so because they were not as good on the day.

People like to throw out lines like 'Barca missed loads of chances', luck etc, but you make your own luck, if Chelsea score with one of about two attempts on goal and Barca don't with about 15 attempts that doesn't correlate to being lucky directly. Last ditch tackles, defenders putting players off and out psyching players is not something that can be just ignored. Messi missed a penalty, but that means minus points for Barca, its not something that just goes down as being lucky.

Any team that beats another without the intervention of outside interference or referee error cannot by logic be called undeserving, or a worse team. So its actually logically impossible to claim Chelsea or Inter were a worse team than Barcelona when they beat them. Whether they are a better team day in day out of course is different.( They aren't) For those 2 games Chelsea and Inter were a better team than Barca.

In La Liga at present no one can replicate or even get close to that kind of performance against Barca, and that means the league as a competition is lacking.

No one wins the league in December.

I watched the Barcelona game last night. Atletico played well, to their credit, but Barcelona was always going to break through. Adriano looks like a special talent. I asked about Villa's form earlier this season, but it seems like he's providing the extra oomph in Barcelona's attack, while Pedro and Villa are regaining form/getting fat on the sidelines.

Pedro isn't on the sidelines. Only Messi and Valdes have played more games than him.