La Liga - 2012/2013

Who's favourites for the 4th CL spot from La Liga? Betis?

At the moment? Málaga... except that they'll be banned :D

Betis and Valencia are looking most likely, Sevilla and Athletic are far too inconsistent. Maybe an outside bet on any of Real Sociedad or Valladollid...

Don't get me wrong Vato, I dislike Real Madrid, but I have always respected them until Mourinho decided to bring them down to his level. Don't you remember the days of Del Bosque, a team that was a unit, a harmonious team that was capable of winning a trophy when it wanted. This Real Madrid side, in spite of winning la liga, is the total opposite of what Del Bosque's side was. I am siding with Casillas, because he is Mr Real Madrid, and I would take his opinion over anyone elses.

There is a good point, Del Bosque has been more successful than Mourinho, yet he's been sacked by the club. Altough he didn't have to compete with a Barcelona side as strong as the current one in fairness.

Del Bosque in spite of his achievements will never get the credit Mourinho deserves because he doesn't give the media wacky sound bites and controversy that they love

There is a good point, Del Bosque has been more successful than Mourinho, yet he's been sacked by the club. Although he didn't have to compete with a Barcelona side as strong as the current one in fairness.

That's the unfortunate thing for Real. They are up against arguably the best footballing side of all time, with the best player in the world in Messi. As SAF said though, football runs in cycles. You'll just have to wait it out, as I can't see you eclipsing them anytime soon.

There is a good point, Del Bosque has been more successful than Mourinho, yet he's been sacked by the club.

That's my point. Mourinho may not be ideal (that's understating it to be honest), but the club isn't perfect in all this, as demonstrated by their history with the managers and players. Look at how Pellegrini was treated, disgraceful.

Sacking Mourinho may make Madrid more likeable and less cynical again, but does it matter if Real are reduced to mere bystanders, waiting for Messi and Iniesta to retire? Do the supporters really long for the days when they were eliminated from the Champions League in the 1st stage for years on end?

Messi is only 25. Xavi signed a deal until 2016. Iniesta is young too. How long will Real have to stay respectful and "know their place"?

Xavi is vitally important to them, and he's 32. His decline might slow them down a bit. At least until Thiago comes into his own. :lol:

Don't get me wrong Vato, I dislike Real Madrid, but I have always respected them until Mourinho decided to bring them down to his level. Don't you remember the days of Del Bosque, a team that was a unit, a harmonious team that was capable of winning a trophy when it wanted. This Real Madrid side, in spite of winning la liga, is the total opposite of what Del Bosque's side was. I am siding with Casillas, because he is Mr Real Madrid, and I would take his opinion over anyone elses.

Agree with this.

That's my point. Mourinho may not be ideal (that's understating it to be honest), but the club isn't perfect in all this, as demonstrated by their history with the managers and players. Look at how Pellegrini was treated, disgraceful.

Sacking Mourinho may make Madrid more likeable and less cynical again, but does it matter if Real are reduced to mere bystanders, waiting for Messi and Iniesta to retire? Do the supporters really long for the days when they were eliminated from the Champions League in the 1st stage for years on end?

Dunno mate, I'm not sure what is good for the club at the moment anymore. I just want this season to end as quickly as possible, if that makes any sense. The only thing that can save our season is us winning the CL, but let's be honest I don't see us winning it either. First we'll have to beat you guys over two legs and sooner or later we'll have to face Barcelona if we want to win it, and that probably won't end well for us. Maybe it's a bit pessimistic but this season hasn't given us many things to be happy about.

Looked to me like he tried to get his arm out of the way by moving his arm closer to his body.

If the ball touches the outstretched arm, whether he was trying to make a movements warrants a yellow card. However, if the ball hits the arms whilst it is touching the body then, it is not a yellow card offence. Essien did the same, the arm was stretched out and should have been a yellow card there too.

Same here, but for some reason, Vato doesn't likes me because of that. :D
I even had Zidane's and Raul's jersey.

Dunno mate, I'm not sure what is good for the club at the moment anymore. I just want this season to end as quickly as possible, if that makes any sense. The only thing that can save our season is us winning the CL, but let's be honest I don't see us winning it either. First we'll have to beat you guys over two legs and sooner or later we'll have to face Barcelona if we want to win it, and that probably won't end well for us. Maybe it's a bit pessimistic but this season hasn't given us many things to be happy about.

All of that is true.

More than a decade starting when healthy, Iker being benched - that will be the story of the match regardless of the outcome

More than a decade starting when healthy, Iker being benched - that will be the story of the match regardless of the outcome

Again, this is something that Mourinho is going to have to deal with, not just Perez, but the fans too. If the fans are not happy with Mourinho, they will make sure that Perez knows this. I could be wrong, but I think that most of the Real Madrid fans are behind Casillas on this one, since Mourinho loves to praise only certain players in public.