La Liga - 2012/2013

How are we going to catch up with these bastards if they don't drop a fecking point? If Barcelona win the league and Atletico finish above us this season I'm going to need directions to a big cliff somewhere.

How are we going to catch up with these bastards if they don't drop a fecking point? If Barcelona win the league and Atletico finish above us this season I'm going to need directions to a big cliff somewhere.

Who make the league so unbalanced? Who came up with the idea of individual TV deals?

:rolleyes:

Alexis Sánchez... tied with Suárez for worst finisher who is otherwise good, at the moment?

(Torres is just overall crap nowadays)

It's a good shout. I'm starting to think maybe Barca shouldn't have signed him. He's wasted in Barca's team a bit; being used largely a runner, grafter, dragger of defenders and front to goal finisher in the same way Pedro is.

If you watched him for Udinese or for Chile he has good playmaking capabilities, is a fantastic dribbler, can take players out of the game with one v one skill and is devestating on the counter-attack. Most of these things he doesn't get to show as a cog in Barca's system.

It's a good shout. I'm starting to think maybe Barca shouldn't have signed him. He's wasted in Barca's team a bit; being used largely a runner, grafter, dragger of defenders and front to goal finisher in the same way Pedro is.

If you watched him for Udinese or for Chile he has good playmaking capabilities, is a fantastic dribbler, can take players out of the game with one v one skill and is devestating on the counter-attack. Most of these things he doesn't get to show as a cog in Barca's system.

Agreed, but even then he's far from being a clinical finisher, whereas Pedro and especially Villa inherently still are (even if they've had some rough patches) on top of these other duties

Agreed, but even then he's far from being a clinical finisher, whereas Pedro and especially Villa inherently still are (even if they've had some rough patches) on top of these other duties

Yeah that's what I mean. I don't think he's every been particularly good at that and it's the task he is finding himself needing to do the most in this Barca team. With Messi in the team he is never going to be the creative player he is for Chile or was at Udinese (where he looks his best).

What's the level of dislike from Madrid fans towards Atletico?

I don't really dislike them, I don't take football that seriously but I guess a lot of the die hards hate their guts, altough I didn't really notice that from my visit to Madrid earlier this year. I think they hate Barcelona more than they hate Atletico.

If all these Nani leaving comments are true I'd take Sanchez from them happily.

He would be the closest replacement in terms of style that's for sure but not sure if SAF is interested in that sort of player anymore
Hazard, Moura I'd say we could be.

He suffers because (a) he's not good enough to get a regular game through the middle, and (b) Barca's system is wholly based on getting the best out of Messi.

Atletico 1-0 after 30 mins at home to Osasuna, nice header from Miranda.

How long can they keep pace with Barca?

Well, they have neither the quality of Barcelona nor the squad depth of RM, so probably the 2nd half of the season will do them, also depending on their objectives in other competitions.

If RM keep up their current form we could maybe see a sort of 2007/08 situation with Atlético breaking up the duopoly. Big if, though.

Falcao trying to do everything by himself for the 3rd time in a row, and again it doesn't come off. He's no Messi... yet.

Madrid start with Casillas; Varane, Pepe, Ramos, Essien; Xabi Alonso, Modric; Di María, Cristiano Ronaldo, Özil; e Higuaín.