La Liga - 2012/2013

I heard refs are obviously pushing Atletico this year more then anybody else in la liga, any truth in that?

From the BBC so using UK times:

Saturday, 10 November 2012
Rayo Vallecano v Celta de Vigo, 15:00
Espanyol v Osasuna, 17:00
Real Zaragoza v Deportivo La Coruna, 19:00
Malaga v Real Sociedad, 21:00

Sunday, 11 November 2012
Valladolid v Valencia, 11:00
Athletic Bilbao v Sevilla, 15:00
Mallorca v Barcelona, 16:50
Atletico Madrid v Getafe, 18:45
Levante v Real Madrid, 20:30

Nothing really stands out though Athletic - Sevilla could be interesting. Athletic are having a poor season and need to start perking up soon.

Madrid go to Levante, where they lost last year. Benzema, Higuain, Marcelo, Khedira are all out.

From the BBC so using UK times:

Saturday, 10 November 2012
Rayo Vallecano v Celta de Vigo, 15:00
Espanyol v Osasuna, 17:00
Real Zaragoza v Deportivo La Coruna, 19:00
Malaga v Real Sociedad, 21:00

Sunday, 11 November 2012
Valladolid v Valencia, 11:00
Athletic Bilbao v Sevilla, 15:00
Mallorca v Barcelona, 16:50
Atletico Madrid v Getafe, 18:45
Levante v Real Madrid, 20:30

Nothing really stands out though Athletic - Sevilla could be interesting. Athletic are having a poor season and need to start perking up soon.

Madrid go to Levante, where they lost last year. Benzema, Higuain, Marcelo, Khedira are all out.

Jose hasnt taken three points both times visiting Levante correct? Wonder if we'll see Ronaldo as a CF?

The champions league definitely having a negative effect on Malaga this season. They have lost at home to Real Sociedad. Good result for Atletico that, as was the Betis defeat last night. They now have the chance to go 9 clear of the team in 4th with a win tomorrow.

Jose hasnt taken three points both times visiting Levante correct? Wonder if we'll see Ronaldo as a CF?

Most likely. Both Higuain and Benzema are dealing with injuries.
Looked much better there against Dortmund than on the wing. Couldn't be marked or as easily pressured. Has got loads of through balls in him.
I feel like Callejon is being underused. Currently he's just a supersub.

It's also no wonder with the "defence" that they use, it's always going to cost them goals. Don't have a clue why they signed Song and Mascherano is quite an average centre back when played there.

cal:

muppet+suicide_9f5d23_3343130.jpg

levante will be no problem for real
I hope so mate, we have a few players out though, I think Callejon starts tonight.
Barcelona's start surely one of the best ever? 10 wins from 11.

How are we supposed to reduce the 8 point gap like that? They don't drop a fecking point. :(

Edit - Boom 10000th post, what a sad bastard I am.

I hope so mate, we have a few players out though, I think Callejon starts tonight.

How are we supposed to reduce the 8 point gap like that? They don't drop a fecking point. :(

Yep, it's a bit concerning. I don't even think they are playing at their best yet either, especially in defence where they are conceding plenty.

Atlético - Getafe time.

Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe, Mario, Gabi, Arda, Raul Garcia, Adrian, Falcao

Yep, it's a bit concerning. I don't even think they are playing at their best yet either, especially in defence where they are conceding plenty.
That's the worrying part! It really is a shit balanced league.
It will be piss easy for Madrid, believe me.. The only question is: How many goals will Ronaldo score?

The past encounters don't fill me with confidence though. :nervous:

Mourinho's record at Levante is 1 point out of 6.

Levante's still doing amazingly well for a club with no money. 6th in La Liga and a good chance of qualifying in their Europa League group. They've increased their number of season ticket holders, by cutting their prices - less ticket revenue than last year, but at least they're staying alive and keeping their fans happy. They're paying back their debts as well - tough times in La Liga, but you've got to admire their fight.

Madrid tonight: Casillas; Arbeloa, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Coentrao; Xabi Alonso, Essien; Di María, Özil, Callejón; Cristiano

Levante hardly give any space away behind their defence, so I'm not really sure Cristiano will be able to do that much from open play if he plays centre-forward. He thrives on space and in his usual wing forward role he has that. Should be interesting without Benzema or Higuain.

@jojojo: Mourinho's RM is due a goal at Levante, most likely :smirk: