La Liga - 2012/2013

Thought he was trying a bit too hard to do it on his own during the game, but that free-kick was just class. Solid, solid Atléti, I must be dreaming :lol:

Atletico keep up with Barca, 7 wins in a row in the liga. Amazing run just gets better and better. Think Falcao is doing a Messi and adding to his wide array of skills.

Atletico keep up with Barca, 7 wins in a row in the liga. Amazing run just gets better and better. Think Falcao is doing a Messi and adding to his wide array of skills.

Indeed, he's not yet in that league though; I believe Messi has taken 8 free-kicks this season for club and country and has scored 4, hit the post twice and only missed 2.

Pichichi standings so far:

1. Lionel MESSI, 11 goals in 8 apps (1 pen.)
2. Radamel FALCAO, 9 goals in 7 apps (4 pen.)
3. Cristiano RONALDO, 9 goals in 8 apps (4 pen.)

Funnily enough these three are also the only ones to have scored a hat-trick so far this season :D

I've only just saw that the free kick he scored was his first attempted free kick in la liga.

Be interesting to see if he can keep up with the other 2 beasts in the goalscoring charts this season.

I've only just saw that the free kick he scored was his first attempted free kick in la liga.

Be interesting to see if he can keep up with the other 2 beasts in the goalscoring charts this season.

Well, he had a very impressive first season with 24 goals in 34 games in La Liga, of which 15 under Simeone who took over a little before half way (23 Dec.); maybe this season they will concentrate more on the league.

He'll have some work to do though if we look at last year's Pichichi:

1. Lionel MESSI, 50 goals in 37 apps (10 pen.) -- 1.35 gpg
2. Cristiano RONALDO, 46 goals in 38 apps (12 pen.) -- 1.21 gpg
3. Radamel FALCAO, 24 goals in 34 apps (5 pen.) -- 0.71 gpg

Messi almost doubled that. Though him and Cristiano got a shitload of penalties.

Falcao did score against both RM and Barça last year. Am really curious to see this year's match-ups.

It's a beautiful thing to see a footballer trying to add various to his game.Falcao is a great player and even if his team at some point will show its limits, it's great to see compete against Messi/Ronaldo

Barcelona is going to drop points against Rayo tonight, I can feel it!

Aw, bless :D

Saturday, 27 October 2012
Espanyol v Malaga, 15:00
Real Betis v Valencia, 17:00
Celta de Vigo v Deportivo La Coruna, 19:00
Rayo Vallecano v Barcelona, 21:00

Sunday, 28 October 2012

Real Zaragoza v Sevilla, 11:00
Levante v Granada, 15:00
Athletic Bilbao v Getafe, 16:50
Atletico Madrid v Osasuna, 18:45
Mallorca v Real Madrid, 20:30

Monday, 29 October 2012
Valladolid v Real Sociedad, 20:30

All times from the BBC so UK.

Meanwhile, Valencia lost again continuing their poor start - at this rate I'm going to start wondering if Emery was actually a good coach.

Watching Celta - Depor, refreshing to see these teams together again in the Primera. Vintage Valeron assist for the equaliser.

Valencia have managed one draw away. Going to be a tough fight for the 4th place yet again this season.

Barcelona tonight, still missing a big slice of their defence, start with:
Valdés; Montoya, Song, Adriano, Alba; Busquets, Xavi, Cesc; Pedro, Messi y Villa.

Alexis Sánchez... tied with Suárez for worst finisher who is otherwise good, at the moment?

(Torres is just overall crap nowadays)