La Liga - 2012/2013

Ronaldo just never misses.

Was a really lovely touch and finish but what was the centre-half doing just standing there looking at him?! Didn't see how the penalty was won by Dí María was heavily involved in every other goal. Very frustrating player but very influential too.

Was a really lovely touch and finish but what was the centre-half doing just standing there looking at him?! Didn't see how the penalty was won by Dí María was heavily involved in every other goal. Very frustrating player but very influential too.

He didn't come on until the second half.

He's starting to show glimmers of his best form, which would be a big deal for Madrid if he gets back up there.

Just saw the second half aswell. Looked like Levante had switched off indeed near the end.

He didn't come on until the second half.

He's starting to show glimmers of his best form, which would be a big deal for Madrid if he gets back up there.

Right enough! Not sure why I thought it was Dí María with that cross for Higuaín's goal.

They're going to regret missing these chances I feel. It's bedlam in that six yard box!

EDIT: They finally get it over the line with a bit of help

When the feck did Alan Hutton go to Mallorca? Starts for them tonight against Barca.

2 goals by Fabregas , assists by Alexis
2 goals by Alexis, assists by Fabregas ( well the first was a shot and rebound but still)

Cesc's best role in the team is the one played by Messi. He's playing well as is Alexis, barring his one vintage Sanchez flub in front of an empty net. We'll probably see Abidal & Deulofeu make appearances in the 2nd half at this rate

Tello's a decent option at the moment given Pedro and Sánchez's struggles but I can't see him having any chance at making it at Barca long-term. Just too one-dimensional.

How was Hutton?

Only seen bits and pieces of the game. He's made a couple of decent over lapping runs but defensively, he's been taught a lesson. Always he should have been a lot more than what he is now.

Deulofeu looks decent to be fair. Very pacy and likes to take his man on. He'll have to be very special to get sufficient game-time with this current Barcelona squad, though.

Deulofeu looks decent to be fair. Very pacy and likes to take his man on. He'll have to be very special to get sufficient game-time with this current Barcelona squad, though.

Keeps his head down too often though. He's had 3 decent dribbles in this game going into the box - good up till that point. Suddenly he gets himself into a dead-end because he didn't look for a pass sooner.

This is the first time I've seen of him though, so my opinion is totally based on this game alone.

Keeps his head down too often though. He's had 3 decent dribbles in this game going into the box - good up till that point. Suddenly he gets himself into a dead-end because he didn't look for a pass sooner.

This is the first time I've seen of him though, so my opinion is totally based on this game alone.

I agree, I don't think he made a pass yet in this game.

Tello's a decent option at the moment given Pedro and Sánchez's struggles but I can't see him having any chance at making it at Barca long-term. Just too one-dimensional.

bit like Theo Walcott I think. It's all about his pace, and he can finish, but his link up player and general game isn't up to their standard. He's be great in a counter attacking side

Only seen bits and pieces of the game. He's made a couple of decent over lapping runs but defensively, he's been taught a lesson. Always he should have been a lot more than what he is now.

Should've been whistled for a handball for a Barcelona penalty too

He hasn't really shined playing with the first team yet. I always feel like he tries too hard to make a big impression, very competitive kid. And if you're a defender in 1st team football, you can see a player like that coming a mile away. Very talented but needs to keep working, he's in the middle of a renewal that is being rumoured to include some guarantee of 1st team football. There's a lot to like in him but I think he's a year away from really helping the 1st team still.

jh4lua.jpg

Just saw this on twitter. Thought it was interesting.

BHRvQuPCEAAY1Nx.png:large

Wait a minute, Real Soceidad are 4th in the real table? :eek:

Yeah they've been playing some excellent football and with Málaga, Betis and Valencia fighting for 4th spot they've crept in taken it.

They were the first team to defeat Barcelona in the league this season and the first ones to break Atlético's 100% home record. They won their first ever Basque derby at San Mames and they also gave a good performance at the Bernábeu, their captain Xabi Prieto scoring a hat-trick in a 4-3 loss. They beat Málaga 4-2 yesterday.

They have an excellent young core (Illaramendi, Griezmann, Vela, Pardo, etc.) mixed with veterans like Chory Castro and a Xabi Prieto in the form of his life.

How much do the regular La Liga watchers rate Inigo Martinez?
I haven't seen him play that much personally, but he's been touted as amongst the best Spanish Central Defenders on the current form.