La Liga - 2012/2013

You amaze me Skorenzy, my memory for detail only extends as far as United and even there I tend to recall the emotions more than the specifics of who was doing what in a particular season - certainly if I have to back more than a handful of years I need a stats site to help me out with the season's ups and downs, who were the regulars and so on.

When it comes to Spanish football, outside the big two clubs, I tend to only remember the names of players who I want us to buy or who I hear linked to a big move, or who really stand out in a big game.

At the moment I'm still brooding over Operation Puerto, Real Sociedad's big year and Valencia's best years. I used to go to watch Valencia at times back then and there's now this big question mark over all my best memories of them.

OK - ramble over :D

Hah, well I have a fairly good photographic memory, so if I've ever seen a squad list chances are I'll remember most of the names in it.

Of course a lot of stuff is researched as well and I don't know too much about teams beyond contenders for the title and European places (well, maybe in the Prem and La Liga, I do; but certainly not Bundesliga, Ligue 1 or Serie A).

Great game that was. Caballero again a match-winning performance; Athletic threw everything at him but he stopped it. Málaga was wasteful at times.

:eek: Caballero with a point blank reflex save on what looked like a made goal by Aduritz, holy feck! He's truly been miles ahead of other keepers in La Liga this season.

Isco with a roulette to evade two challenges :drool:

He's also been the best keeper in the CL from what I've seen. A big part in Málaga's success this season.

Granada last beat Barca at home a few decades ago. That same season they also beat Real (which they've already done this season) so it might not be as an easy win for Barca as expected.

edit: Granada is also one of three teams in Spain which Messi hasn't scored against this season.

They made life very difficult for Barça at the Camp Nou earlier in the season, only conceding a Xavi free-kick in the 88th and then, with their spirits broken, a fluke own-goal in the 90th. Also, Barça will be looking ahead to Milan no doubt.

A piece of Malaga gossip then. Apparently Pellegrini's been "sounded out" by Chelsea and Roma. Unless the UEFA European ban gets overturned it'll be a tough summer for Malaga.

They made life very difficult for Barça at the Camp Nou earlier in the season, only conceding a Xavi free-kick in the 88th and then, with their spirits broken, a fluke own-goal in the 90th. Also, Barça will be looking ahead to Milan no doubt.

It was a hard fought 0-1 at Granada last season and I seem to remember Barcelona had the bruises to prove it. I think Granada ended up with 9 men.

They're more of a football team now, though whether that's an advantage is open to question.

Did we dodge a bullet with Sanchez, or will he ever come good?

Well, in terms of work rate and off the ball running he's golden. He's just not a finisher and that can make him look very clumsy at times. I have to say I'm also a bit disappointed with his dribbling, it was far more impressive at Udinese; here in tight spaces he's quite useless which often results in him just taking a dive instead I guess.

Well, in terms of work rate and off the ball running he's golden. He's just not a finisher and that can make him look very clumsy at times. I have to say I'm also a bit disappointed with his dribbling, it was far more impressive at Udinese; here in tight spaces he's quite useless which often results in him just taking a dive instead I guess.

He certainly doesn't play like his Udinese highlights reel. Whether that's a thing about Barcelona and his job or La Liga I don't know.

Maybe it's just a thing about youtube highlights.

Messi vs Toño, the battle continues... remember him constantly denying Messi in their first encounter this season.

Aranda has been putting in some nice crosses in this game, incl. the one for the goal, I think?