La Liga - 2012/2013

Siqueira was great last season, if I'm not mistaken there were rumours of him moving to Valencia, but they got Guardado instead which hasn't exactly turned out as they'd hoped I'm sure.

I think the Guardado at LB experiment worked only with Alba, the Mexican is better as a winger

Looked like he tried to place it in the corner and got under it too much, Tello has been MIA for awhile - rumours that he has been disciplined internally by the club. His pace has been sorely missed

I especially loved his rolling around feigning injury

Like Dani Alves just a minute ago you mean? :D sure but he was great though, and I thought Granada deserved a draw, they had a good 30-40 minutes that they looked even or superior to Barça IMO. Not so much creativity without Xavi/Iniesta, only Messi in the opening half hour and after that he moved up, and from then Barça looked pedestrian I thought.

Messi's on 37 La Liga goals after just 24 matches played. Unbelievable. How many do you think he will reach? He hit 50 last season so he has another 14 games to up his tally until the end of the season.

I reckon he will reach 52.

Crazy to think that only a couple of years ago, the overall record was 38 goals in one season. He is really changing the game.

Kike Sola scores a great header for Osasuna after only 4 min. Important game for the navarreses this.

On the topic of Alexis Sánchez... I can see why Barça persist with him, he is a very good fit, tactically speaking, in their system but his technique often lets him down, whether it be in dribbling or finishing (which is IMO why he dives so much, because he knows the standard at Barça is so high he'd rather make it seem like it wasn't his fault that he lost the ball when there's the first sign of trouble; Fàbregas does the same thing).

A good clip that sums his season so far up, really:

I could understand that his control was off after all that running if this were the 2nd half of the game or near the end... but it was in the opening minutes.

he's awful. He's not cut out of playing at a big club, he doesn't look like he has the mentality to cope with the pressure and overcome his poor form. His first touch is absolutely diabolical for the fee he commanded and the team he is in.

On the topic of Alexis Sánchez... I can see why Barça persist with him, he is a very good fit, tactically speaking, in their system but his technique often lets him down, whether it be in dribbling or finishing (which is IMO why he dives so much, because he knows the standard at Barça is so high he'd rather make it seem like it wasn't his fault that he lost the ball when there's the first sign of trouble; Fàbregas does the same thing).

Interesting observation. Although while I didn't really see Sanchez guilty of this at Udinese, I did see this with Cesc at Arsenal.

Very inconsistent ultimately, Alexis, and no one can claim he hasn't been given enough time or patience

My prediction is that both Villa & Alexis will be gone this summer

Interesting observation. Although while I didn't really see Sanchez guilty of this at Udinese, I did see this with Cesc at Arsenal.

Very inconsistent ultimately, Alexis, and no one can claim he hasn't been given enough time or patience

My prediction is that both Villa & Alexis will be gone this summer

Wonder if we will take a gamble on Alexis - fergie was interested before he moved to Barca so I think he would be willing to take him on at a cut price (although Zaha is on his way but questions over Nani). Obviously with Villa Arsenal and City have shown interest.

FC who replaces those two then? Neymar for Villa and one of Tello/Gerard ?

I would guess Neymar, a keeper & a central defender. Cuenca, Tello and Pedro will rotate with Iniesta occasionally playing that left wing.

Bojan's loan is up and unless his deal is reworked with Milan, he's due to return although I can't see it happening - my guess is that his deal will be reworked whether it's to remain in Milan or go elsewhere

Deulofeu is having his renewal done soon and I imagine first team language or promises will be included as he, at least, feels he's ready. Personally, I think he will get CDR matches and cameos here & there before a full promotion in 2014

Atlético winning 1-0 at Valladolid, courtesy of Falcao (haven't seen the goal though)... they could really use an away win.

edit: a close range poacher's finish on the rebound

Diego Costa 2-0! "What an animal on the pitch, this man" .. indeed :D

Koke with a great headed assist, he's been great this season.

Valencia beat Mallorca 2-0, but I don't really know how. Still, a win's a win especially with the season they've been having.

Real Madrid start with: Diego López; Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Coentrao; Essien, Khedira; Özil, Kaká, Cristiano; Morata.

The back 4 in particular is interesting - I wouldn't be surprised if that's the one we see at OT.

Rayo: Rubén; Tito, Gálvez, Figueras, Casado; Javi Fuego, Trashorras; Chori, Piti, Leo, Lass.

I'm guessing putting Morata up front is Mourinho's idea of a psychological boot up the ass towards Benzema and Higuaín. Could work. I'm calling it now, Higuaín to score a hat-trick as a sub at Old Trafford. Imagine that happening and Utd still going through... Marcos would erupt in semen :D

Wonder if we will take a gamble on Alexis - fergie was interested before he moved to Barca so I think he would be willing to take him on at a cut price (although Zaha is on his way but questions over Nani). Obviously with Villa Arsenal and City have shown interest.

FC who replaces those two then? Neymar for Villa and one of Tello/Gerard ?

Both Di Maria and Alexis could possibly be available for cut price.

3-0, Cristián Rodríguez.. Big win for Atléti, now let's see what Rayo can do? They were excellent at home last week, but this is a different kettle.

I'm guessing putting Morata up front is Mourinho's idea of a psychological boot up the ass towards Benzema and Higuaín. Could work. I'm calling it now, Higuaín to score a hat-trick as a sub at Old Trafford. Imagine that happening and Utd still going through... Marcos would erupt in semen :D

Higuain's suspended after his red card against Sevilla. Modric and Arbeloa are suspended too. If Marca are right Modric and Arbeloa have been given 4 days holiday and Higuain got three.

Benzema's in the dog house as well, but Madrid fans have wanted to see Morata start for ages so I guess we'll be seeing more of him in La Liga now.