La Liga - 2012/2013

Atletico can go 15 points clear of 4th place tonight if they beat Betis. It will Look a certainty they will be competing in the CL next season and I wonder if that will be enough to keep Falcao.... Probably not but who knows

Betis have lost some form in their last few games, but are always dangerous. Atlético have a 100% home record in the league though, so I would expect them to get the 3pts.

Really impressive record by the way: 11 home games played, 11 won, 32 GF, 6 GA (+26)... better than Barça and RM.

Falcao is back too which is a boost. Adrian just hasn't kicked on this season, I don't know what's happened to him.

The home record stretches into all competitions. Something like 18 wins. They need to keep it up since the away form is letting them down as usual.

:lol:

On another note, that must be the first time Mourinho blames himself for a loss, usually it is the Spanish players.

I think he was a bit sarcastic there.

"When we win and everyone plays well it's the result of self management, but when we lose it's the responsibility of the coach," an irate Mourinho thundered at reporters. "So we didn't play well today, we weren't ourselves, so now I'm the one responsible."

I think he was a bit sarcastic there.

He certainly was. It was mostly a reference to midweek, when the cobbled together defence had a great game against Barcelona. The press ascribed it to team spirit and the dressing room trying to save the season. Scarcely a word about Mourinho's tactics or lineup.

As for not blaming particular players, no names were mentioned he just threw a generalised hand grenade at several of them. :smirk: Basically, "it's no surprise if some were tired after playing the full 90 minutes on Wednesday, it was a tough match. But I don't know why players who were on the bench or in the stands would be tired."

In the stands: Ramos, Di Maria, Coentrao
On the bench: Marcelo
Part timers on Wednesday: Benzema, Higuain, Modric

I am coming in, Marcos.

15 minutes till the game in Leverkusen ends and then you and I can will talk LaLiga. ;)

Falcao is back too which is a boost. Adrian just hasn't kicked on this season, I don't know what's happened to him.

The home record stretches into all competitions. Something like 18 wins. They need to keep it up since the away form is letting them down as usual.

Adrian has played more games as a sub than as a starter. Atletico only play with the one striker so his chances are limited. Atletico aren't that great at creating chances either. Falcao just makes the most of them.
Wouldn't be too hard on him. He's the 2nd fiddle and hasn't gotten a 90 minute game once for them in the league this season.

That's the rest of my money on Barcelona then. Can't hardly get much better odds that this.

12th successive game that Messi has scored in. The record is being prolonged. Silly penalty to give away since it was clear obstruction. If Valencia want to get something out of this, they need to put the penalty incident out of their heads right away.

Well, Valencia's lead didn't last too long, still hoping this will turn out to be a close contest though.

Ferrari - that's his nemesis.

They roll on to his feet. Burn..all kind of shit happens.

Banega's point to self - Stay away from Ferrari's.

Would love to have him at United as i've said before. Only question mark is his attitude and party boy image off the pitch, which will be a problem with SAF.

Only? Showing up to training late, drunk, a few days before a Barcelona match.

His injury record is also very poor. No thank you. United fans have no patience for that kind of player.

It's only their 4th pen in the league, all 4 scored by Messi. They've conceded 3 penalties (2 scored).