La Liga - 2012/2013

It doesn't matter if they finish 4th or 5th, they're not playing in Europe next season anyway. I wonder how these players find motivation to play so well in the league and win games, once CL restarts they will surely focus on that though.

I know it doesn't matter. However, I have seen enough of Malaga to say that they merit a place in the top four. They have done well against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid and for that alone, the management team and the players should get the recognition they rightly deserve. The fact that Pellegrini keeps on inspiring his team is an inspiration to any football manager. Shame Real got rid of him because he got them quite far.

Great counter goal, 3-0. Aduriz has been an inspired signing by Athletic Bilbao. By far their best player.

Courtois prevents the 4-0, he's been excellent, didn't deserve to swallow 3 goals.

Vallodolid drew 2 all with Athletic last night.

Saturday 2nd February 2013 (from the BBC so all times are UK)
Osasuna v Celta de Vigo 15:00
Getafe v Deportivo 17:00
Espanyol v Levante 19:00
Granada v Real Madrid 21:00

Sunday 3rd February 2013
Malaga v Real Zaragoza 11:00
Sevilla v Rayo Vallecano 16:00
Valencia v Barcelona 18:00
Atl Madrid v Real Betis 20:00
Real Sociedad v Mallorca 20:00

Valencia Barcelona ought to be the big game but Valencia are still struggling for form. To make matters worse Banega is supposed to have shown up late for training on Friday and "in poor condition."

Valencia's financial crisis also continues with the Valencia government, who managed to get caught up in it as loan guarantors, desperately trying to get a bank to revise repayment terms on one of the debts.

Incidentally, having heard how hard done by Barcelona are feeling having received three yellow cards for 5 fouls in the Copa (though one yellow was for protesting the corner kick) here's some stats for the season so far in La Liga.

Barcelona average 6.15 fouls per yellow card, the best ratio in La Liga.
Real Madrid average 5.27.
However, lest you thing La Liga refs are biassed in favour of the catalans - Espanyol are the most heavily carded team - a yellow every 3.86 fouls.

I must admit I was even more surprised to discover that Xabi Alonso has 8 yellows for 29 fouls. If I'd been asked to guess, I'd have said he got ten free fouls per game, before getting his booking. Apparently not.

Lol, Granada, the team that scored less than a goal a game, scores.

C. Ronaldo own goal :eek:

Ronaldo clearly practising so he can score the winner for us next month.

Haha that must be it.

If he hadn't put on so much gel the ball wouldn't have glided so smoothly along his head and into Madrids goal.

:D exactly

Well Mou gets pissed at him every now and than but he still doesn't sub him, he knows there is no one in this team to adequately replace him, even on a bad day.

This is true ..do you think Iker would have saved that ?

when ronaldo scores from a free kick, they tend to be great goals, but how many opportunities does real madrid wastes when they could do something else?

I'll tell you why Ronaldos free-kicks are seldom successful nowadays. It is down to variation, and it is something he lacks in his free-kicks. Juninho, on the otherhand...variations galore...:drool:

Granada are generally OK defensively but poor in attack. Ronaldo is supposed to have sprained his ankle again against Getafe and hasn't been training this week. Plan tonight was probably for him to come off at half time having got a goal - though probably not one in his own net.